Former Thai PM Thaksin’s parole could be as early as February

snoop1130

Well, I guess I’m in the minority, but I like him and what he achieved for the foreigners while he was in office. He at least wanted us here and made it pretty easy to get a long term visa. Sure he screwed a few things up, but tell me one pm that hasn’t. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

And until then this corrupt, phony con-man will remain "sick". The minute he's "free" he'll be the jet-setting, party going liar and crook he was the entire 15 years he was a fugitive on the run...and just before returning to Thailand on this sweet pre-arranged deal. Liar, cheater, criminal, thief. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, jcmj said:

Well, I guess I’m in the minority, but I like him and what he achieved for the foreigners while he was in office. He at least wanted us here and made it pretty easy to get a long term visa. Sure he screwed a few things up, but tell me one pm that hasn’t. 

I am still waiting for someone to confirm that the ex elected PM doubled the 400,000Bt in a Thai bank for farangs to 800,000Bt. It was said in this form but no one seems to be able to back it up, so I assume that it was not true.

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I am still waiting for someone to confirm that the ex elected PM doubled the 400,000Bt in a Thai bank for farangs to 800,000Bt. It was said in this form but no one seems to be able to back it up, so I assume that it was not true.

The ANN link below on this subject seems to be dated 2019 which would put it firmly into Prayuth's regime.  

https://aseannow.com/topic/1081671-foreigners-now-need-to-keep-800k-in-thai-bank-for-three-months-after-retirement-extension-is-granted/

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1