Need advice on ways to transfer funds from Wise UK to Thailand without going through my bank account and card question

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

I believe that because of the taxation agreement that has existed between the UK and Thailand since 1981 it's unlikely that you will fall foul of the new regulations as of next year.

The 1981 version has been replaced with one issued 2012 or 2014, if memory serves. I think you will find this new version to be not so beneficial.

Search on www.gov.uk to get the latest version. 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't see them taxing cash transfers, they may try taxing income

Maybe, but it could be the opposite.

For instance the Taxation agreement with [one of] my country of origin states clearly that pensions are taxed at the source. So how do you prove that a cash transfer is pension? That's why I could imagine that they would require pensions to be paid [by the funds] into Thai bank accounts, free of tax. All other cash transfers being considered as Taxable. Still complicated but more workable from an enforcement point of view. It remains that the division pension vs "other income" may vary from country to country.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, homeseeker said:

Tax evasion is illegal. Legitimate tax avoidance is not.

Here's an idea. Just pay the taxes to support and fund the country you live in. If you don't, you have no right to complain about the state of the place.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, homeseeker said:

I  suppose I could send money to a Thai  friend with a bank account here but that would be risky as the Thai may -unintentionally of course - forget to gift me my money.

how stupid are you? 

All this would do is put your tax liability on someone else,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2023 at 8:27 PM, foreverlomsak said:

The 1981 version has been replaced with one issued 2012 or 2014, if memory serves. I think you will find this new version to be not so beneficial.

Search on www.gov.uk to get the latest version. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thailand-tax-treaties

Still seems to show 1981........