Heartbroken British mother accuses Thai officials of ‘lies’ in son’s alleged suicide in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Wouldn't you prefer to do any of these in your hotel room as your final act in life? Also if serious about suiciding, you're not going to do it in a place where people might find you and call for medical assistance. 

Which assumes that the person in question is behaving rationally.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Spock said:

Just about impossible to kill yourself from an overdose of prescription medicines. Who is going to choose poison as a means of ending it all given how painful that is too? If he died of self inflicted gunshot wounds, why would the family question that and why do it in a car park rather than a hotel? I don't blame the mother for questioning the police verdict. 

It's definitely not impossible to kill yourself with a drugs overdose, whether that be of prescription medicine* or illegal drugs - it's one of the most common methods of suicide. See below.

Self-poisoning is among the most common means used by suicidal individuals to attempt suicide, and in females is the leading mechanism used to commit suicide.

Self poisoning

And the question I was addressing wasn't whether this person committed suicide and/or how he did it, it was whether committing suicide in a car park is possible. Which it most certainly is.

*In fact, one of the most common prescription medicines used to commit suicide is paracetamol. 

Use of paracetamol (acetaminophen) for suicide and nonfatal poisoning

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Common to see reports in the British press from Brits at home blaming Thais for their on self inflicted problems.

Next will be a GOfundme.

Your wish has been granted, gotta get your anti British comment in, even if it has resulted in a death.

• Confused 1

Most mums are clueless. Even close mates might not know about depression. Its not spoken about much. Lots of people kill themselves.

What are the UK police going to do? The mum needs therapy for her own problems which may have contributed to her Adult son being depressed. Id say a lot of depression is linked to having morons in the family.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How do you know that he was "having the time of his life" ?

Moving from town to town and staying alone in hotels can be a sad lonely experience 

Did he have a gf? Or many women?  I could spend 10 years doing that if no visa or money issues. All you need is a gf, money and no visa hassles.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How do you know that he was "having the time of his life" ?

Moving from town to town and staying alone in hotels can be a sad lonely experience 

If people hated staying in hotels then why do millions go on holidays? They clean the room. The give you free water. A bed, tv, fridge and bathroom. 7/11 normally within 800m.

Compared to "normal" living id say hotel life is grand.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

at 24 bucko he is very far from still being a child. my old man is 94 and i am nearing 60. i doubt anyone considers me a child. 

I know a few in the 70s still like kids. 94 is good. You have a strong family. Good luck.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Wouldn't you prefer to do any of these in your hotel room as your final act in life? Also if serious about suiciding, you're not going to do it in a place where people might find you and call for medical assistance. 

Why would a suicidal person act rationally? Why would a hotel be so great?  Dying alone in hotel is better than dying outside? Nope. Ilogical post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Exactly! Take Chester Bennington for example. 6 days before he hung himself he did carpool karaoke with James Cordon. I've seen that episode, he seemed totally normal, was joking around in a seemingly good mood., habing a good time. His wife released a family video of him and his kids playing a game that was shot one day before he killed himself, and again no indicators of what was about to happen whatsoever. Depression is a massive b..ch! 

He had a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Spock said:

I was questioning it because I did not know he was at the foot of a high building. Having said that, I would question the many reported suicides of foreigners jumping from high buildings. It's not easy to do and if he had hopped across to Cambodia could have found a much more pleasant way to finish off his life. 

Such a pity you weren't around to give him some of your worldly advise isn't it.

Jesus, just how pathetic can comments on this forum get?

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, and Robin Williams is another example of someone who put his depression aside by being an excellent comedian, all the while hurting. My best friend took his life back in 1987, before much was known about treatments and medications, and he had a very good life if you looked at it from the outside. Good wife, house, car, job, hobbies, friends, good family, and class clown, which was his way of putting his own hurt out, along with sleeping during the day a lot.

Robin had a chronic disease and was fairly old. He lived a good life. A 24yo has his life ahead.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Such a pity you weren't around to give him some of your worldly advise isn't it.

Jesus, just how pathetic can comments on this forum get!

If i was living with some of the people here id jump to get away from them

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spock said:

I was questioning it because I did not know he was at the foot of a high building. Having said that, I would question the many reported suicides of foreigners jumping from high buildings. It's not easy to do and if he had hopped across to Cambodia could have found a much more pleasant way to finish off his life. 

What happens in Cambodia?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That would depend on the circumstances of his suicide, don't you think?

I can't think of any circumstances where a person would suicide in a carpark unless he was in his own car or a rental. The story is his body was found in a carpark, not in a car. The only likely scenario is his body was dumped there. A very thorough investigation is required, and the mother is doing what any parent would do in this situation.

The RTP don't care - they want this over and done with quickly. The last thing they want is a story about a young tourist being murdered on the streets of Bangkok getting out.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Confused 4