Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

Just now, Clarkey611 said:
12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Even places with good Pub-grub such as the Londoner attract a lot of Thai customers… 

But the Thais going there do not know what is good food. However, they will learn when GR comes to town!

Erm….   You know right.., which is how you can make such a generalization…

Reading this forum, many westerners can’t recognize quality food… 

15 hours ago, Sigmund said:

What are you making up  ? You think foreigners with good money (except the wealthy pensionners)  come to Thailand ?

Ever heard of Monaco, St Tropez,  the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Croatia or Ibiza ?

You keep trying to back up your original wrong assessment with more nonsense.

In Pattaya the Subways, MacDonalds, KFCs, Japanese, Indian, pizza restaurants and many other foreign francises are packed with foreigners taking a break from cheap Thai food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He has a surprise in store if he thinks he can instruct Thai's on how to cook or run a restaurant.

Might work in the UK or US but here, don't think it will last if it ever gets off the ground.

1st obstacle would be his methods are too expensive here.

Next would have to be all the "F" this and "F" that would go down like a lead balloon.

Edited by bluejets
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sigmund said:

I would rather trust me pennies with an italian or a french Chef in that case...but tastes are like good BJ's in "very" happy soapy endings..they are all different????

Oh, how droll ????

Likely wouldn’t appeal to the boguns among us. Not my favourite person but why knock it? He’s certainly as good as the best Franco-Italiano chefs and produces all that fluffy nosh, having spent time in both places. Thais also love to eat hearty western food.

Not bothering to read the replies in this one as 90% will likely be throwaway comments from the beans on toast crowd ????
Good luck to the bloke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluejets said:

He has a surprise in store if he thinks he can instruct Thai's on how to cook or run a restaurant.

Might work in the UK or US but here, don't think it will last if it ever gets off the ground.

1st obstacle would be his methods are too expensive here.

Next would have to be all the "F" this and "F" that would go down like a lead balloon.

It also doesn't help when its on film in one of his programs where I shows a Thai chef how to make a pad thai but gets it completely wrong because he didn't even know that a Pad Thai is supposed to be sweet and sour.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Gordon Ramsay Restaurants has announced a new multi restaurant partnership with Thailand’s leading lifestyle operator, TANACHIRA Group.

As the restaurant group continues its ambitious expansion plans across Asia, where recent openings include four restaurants in South Korea and two restaurants in Malaysia, the partnership with TANACHIRA will immediately focus on opening two restaurants in the highly anticipated Emsphere Mall in Bangkok, opening on the Sukhumvit Road, December 2023, with a further twelve locations planned in the coming years.

The Emsphere Mall promises to be a go-to modern, luxury, retail destination, offering immersive shopping and dining experiences to both local residents and global travellers.

On the Mall’s ground floor, will be Bread Street Kitchen & Bar, a stylish and sophisticated, yet approachable all-day dining restaurant and bar. The menu features Gordon Ramsay classics including Beef Wellington, Fish & Chips and must have sides like Gordon’s delicious Macaroni cheese, as well as the world-famous Gordon Ramsay Sticky Toffee Pudding.

By Online Reporter

Full story: Hua Hin Today 2023-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Best of luck with that. Have plenty of money in reserve for kickbacks and free feeds

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Reginald Prewster said:

LOL if you do that with Thai staff, he will have to change them like I my undies... 

I was thinking similarly that Thai staff would not work well for volatile Gordon....probably too lazy and definitely would not like getting yelled at. Doubt he will be in the kitchen very often.......

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Rice and noodles 3 times a day gets rather repetitive after a few days and foreigners are often in a KFC within a week 

I’ve lived here for five years, but never been to KFC, McDonalds, Burger King. Just don’t like their food. I love thai food and italian food. Sometimes arabic or indian, but I  definitely  prefer thai, best food in the world.

The Bread Street chain in the UK is not overly expensive, it is nowhere near Michelin standard and isn't aiming to be. Starters are mostly under a tenner, mains are mostly £20 to £30 and the 12.5% service charge which irks some customers is optional.

His other venture mainly sells pizza but also the likes of wings and ribs. Hardly fine dining.

By Bangkok standards both are affordable for many. Branches will likely pop up in Phuket, Krabi, Samui and even Pattaya.

Good luck to him.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

That's it what Thailand is waiting for! 

British well known "cuisine" ????

Well one poster mentioned 'mac and cheese' which is far from British... and personally I don't think Ramsey should be serving such junk in his restaurants. I know he often mentioned it as a US classic for his USA centric TV programs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chilli42 said:

People understand that they are just licensing his name … right?

That’s what I mean - like, this isn’t Gordon Ramsay at the savoy grill. This is fish and chips along with risotto cooked in a chain restaurant with his name on it. Who would pay for that when many restaurants offer the same standard - I would rather cook at home or go to a Bangkok restaurant with a reputation rather than someone’s name. 

I imagine the service will be very good tho’ and the food would be of a pretty reliable quality.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sigmund said:

What are you making up  ? You think foreigners with good money (except the wealthy pensionners)  come to Thailand ?

Ever heard of Monaco, St Tropez,  the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Croatia or Ibiza ?

Even more ridiculous than your first post--if that's possible.

18 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Good for the locals seeking mouth thrills in foreign food...but for foreigners who spend in Thailand, no interest to come here and eat foreign food.

It’s aimed at the wealthy Thais not your average punters as they won’t be getting fish and chips for less that 500 baht that’s a days salary to most anyway his restaurants are well over priced and over hyped I would rather go get a Mc$hit Burger !

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

Beef Wellington is made up of prime Beef Fillet where the hell in Thailand will you get that not from the buffalo farms up north it will have to come from abroad I had a piece of Beef Fillet the other week from Makro it cost me over 500 baht just for myself unless your prepared to pay 800/1,000 baht just for a main course don’t waste your time going there i reckon a full meal for two including a few drinks will be between 6,000/10,000 baht 

• Thumbs Up 1