Phumtham welcomes convicted former PM Thaksin as PM’s chief advisor

snoop1130

Erm remember the person who was in the IMf and was convicted also now is in a reputable position President of ECB Christian Lagarde Mr Thaksin in this position is a lamb compared not to mention that the people tend to rise and act as well when things go to pear shaped , let it be he is a good businessman as long as he remembers the citizens welfare 

On 7/31/2023 at 6:20 AM, Gottfrid said:

I am only tired of complaint threads coming from one specific member.

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

Lets not get into the legality of whether the charges against Thaksin were just or not after all he's done bugger all goal time as of now

Lets discuss whether it is justifiable/legal to have a convicted criminal as a political advisor (and MP as well but that creatures a whole different subject) whereas it is not justifiable/legal to have a bloke who inherited shares from a defunct company in parliament even though he has never been convicted of anything and 14 million people backed him

Seems the corruption is just jumping out and butting you in the face in its intensity surely nobody is so blind they can't see what's happening

I hope the world is watching this pantomime unfold as they are looking more and more dodgy by the minute, how can any potential partner take anything they say as truth as clearly the law is a joke. How can a potential business partner take any contract seriously?

What does Singapore call the country? Lieland, that's it, Lieland seems apt...

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Just when you think things can't get any more ludicrious than they already are.

Why stop at advisor ? Why not just name him as PM now and drop the subterfuge ?

I'm sure the people won't have any problem at all with that.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mark131v said:

Lets not get into the legality of whether the charges against Thaksin were just or not after all he's done bugger all goal time as of now

Lets discuss whether it is justifiable/legal to have a convicted criminal as a political advisor (and MP as well but that creatures a whole different subject) whereas it is not justifiable/legal to have a bloke who inherited shares from a defunct company in parliament even though he has never been convicted of anything and 14 million people backed him

Seems the corruption is just jumping out and butting you in the face in its intensity surely nobody is so blind they can't see what's happening

I hope the world is watching this pantomime unfold as they are looking more and more dodgy by the minute, how can any potential partner take anything they say as truth as clearly the law is a joke. How can a potential business partner take any contract seriously?

What does Singapore call the country? Lieland, that's it, Lieland seems apt...

Why are these US media outlets having friendly interviews and not asking the hard questions of the Thai government while they are in country?

Why are the expat Thais in the US grovelling up to Settha instead of voicing their disgust at him and his parties tactics?

2 hours ago, Ironmike said:

I never even bothered to read this article only interested in the comments of you all 5555555

Me too Ironmike.

I'll be sad when this show is over. A.N. has been throwing red meat to the Thaksin hate mob, whipping them up into a frenzy in which they became experts in legal and medical matters in which they have no vote.

Wonder who'll be in their crosshairs next. Bet it ain't Suthep.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Phumtham Wechayachai has welcomed Srettha Thavisin’s idea of having convicted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra act as an advisor, once he completes serving time in prison.

And he says that with a straight face :cheesy::clap2:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Me too Ironmike.

I'll be sad when this show is over. A.N. has been throwing red meat to the Thaksin hate mob, whipping them up into a frenzy in which they became experts in legal and medical matters in which they have no vote.

Wonder who'll be in their crosshairs next. Bet it ain't Suthep.

Predictable, boring....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mark131v said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"With money you can rape ... Weĺl done corrupt thai elite. Dirty chinese gangster Thaksin".

Where has his "rape conviction" that you reference been reported?

Expand  

It's a figure of speech fella it means to take with impunity by force if needed, wakey wakey!!!

No, it was not. The usual interpretation of "rape" when not qualified, is rape.

1 minute ago, mark131v said:
18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course it is legal but it hasn't happened yet so there is nothing to justify...yet.

Did you not understand the question???

Google 'discuss' it might clarify stuff, then again maybe not...

Of course I understood the question, that's why I contributed my opinion to the discussion.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it was not. The usual interpretation of "rape" when not qualified, is rape.

Let's break it down, how can you PHYSICALLY rape a country??? you cannot!

You can rape a country in a figurative sense by taking stuff by force if you are in a powerful position and nasty enough to do it. That's common knowledge scouse, you never heard that before?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The puppet master (still unofficially for now) taking over from the puppet...

Just a sit in guised in misdirection. 

The real puppet master doesn't show his cards.

.....and still most don't comprehend how things are done here, going on and on with such surface nonsense.