Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

15 hours ago, NextG said:

Since you assert the accused states one thing and the accuser states another, perhaps you can link to those statements. You must have an insight that no one else here has to a statement he has made specifically refuting her claim. 
I am writing specifically of the ‘indecent exposure’ documented here. You can wriggle as much as you like… 

If the accuser said the same as the accused regarding the incident in question, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Think about it.

Edited by youreavinalaff

6 hours ago, pedro01 said:

And there you have it! The left's knockout move... anyone that disagrees with me is a...

Well if you think that's it perfectly normal and acceptable to lock females in rooms and  get your knob and offer it to them, if you thinks there's nothing wrong with that kind of behaviour, its quite likely that you've done similar things yourself 

5 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

If the accuser said the same as the accused regarding the incident in question, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Think about it.

Your reply illustrates the result of your continuing obfuscation and deflection. 
WE are have this exchange because of that and not anything RB has or has not published or said. 
What you are doing is attempting to lump all of the allegations in one, which is a completely infantile approach in a discussion with no legal ramifications to the person in question. 
Of course he is referring to allegations of rape when he asserts that the contacts were consensual. But both you and I know that cannot be applied to what happened to the receptionist who simply opened the door to a corporate building. 
Are you suggesting that he has claimed that act was consensual? Your back-pedalling has not gone unnoticed…

Again, you were hiding behind the law and supporting a sex offender. 

11 hours ago, pedro01 said:

And there you have it! The left's knockout move... anyone that disagrees with me is a...

The ‘left’?! Are you suggesting that anyone who thinks that someone exposing himself to a unwilling lone woman and perhaps going further in telling her what he wants to do with her, as being offensive, is automatically ‘left wing’?

Have you lost all sense of moral decency on the ‘right wing’ or do you feel it’s your ‘right’ to be able to grab women’s genitalia and expose yourself to any woman at will?

What kind of sick people are you representing?

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

Your reply illustrates the result of your continuing obfuscation and deflection. 
WE are have this exchange because of that and not anything RB has or has not published or said. 
What you are doing is attempting to lump all of the allegations in one, which is a completely infantile approach in a discussion with no legal ramifications to the person in question. 
Of course he is referring to allegations of rape when he asserts that the contacts were consensual. But both you and I know that cannot be applied to what happened to the receptionist who simply opened the door to a corporate building. 
Are you suggesting that he has claimed that act was consensual? Your back-pedalling has not gone unnoticed…

Again, you were hiding behind the law and supporting a sex offender. 

That's funny.

You ask me to show the accuser and accused said different things about the incident, I don't recall lumping them all together, but then accuse me of something I haven't done as apposed to accepting the obvious.

As for back peddaling, look at all my posts. I have been constant in my views. 

Edited by youreavinalaff

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

That's funny.

You ask me to show the accuser snd accused say different things about the incident, I don't recall lumping them all together, bit then accuse me of something I haven't done as apposed to accepting the obvious.

As for back peddaling, look at all my posts. I have been constant in my views. 

So post the statements that show him refuting her claim..

Put up or shut up….

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Insults now. How obtuse.

Pathetic. Show me where you were insulted.
You were simply requested to put up the evidence that backed up your claim that he has refuted her claim or to stop claiming that he did. 
Your wriggling is so clear and obvious to all concerned. You are doing everything you can to deflect from admitting that his actions in that instance amount to clear evidence of an ‘indecent exposure’, a sex offence. 
Following on from that, the question to ask yourself is, was it the only time he has behaved in that manner?

So you carrying on denying for him. It’s clear to all and sundry. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

Pathetic. Show me where you were insulted.
You were simply requested to put up the evidence that backed up your claim that he has refuted her claim or to stop claiming that he did. 
Your wriggling is so clear and obvious to all concerned. You are doing everything you can to deflect from admitting that his actions in that instance amount to clear evidence of an ‘indecent exposure’, a sex offence. 
Following on from that, the question to ask yourself is, was it the only time he has behaved in that manner?

So you carrying on denying for him. It’s clear to all and sundry. 

I don't recall ever suggesting he refuted her claim.

Let me know where you saw that.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I think that was a direct challenge, not an insult.

Claiming an insult in response to a direct challenge is a deflection, or swerve if you prefer.

To tell someone to "shut up" is an insult.

It's not the first time his language has been derogatory either.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't recall ever suggesting he refuted her claim.

Let me know where you saw that.

You stated the accused stated one thing whilst the accused stated another. So provide the evidence that this has occurred. Actual evidence as opposed to “it’s obvious” ☺️
Your attempts to deflect and obfuscate only serve to illustrate your malfunctioning moral compass. 
What you are doing is choosing to ‘ignore’ the undoubtable ‘indecent exposure’, choosing to only focus on a possible accusation of ‘rape’. It’s disingenuous act and only highlights poor character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn’t tell you to shut up… You had a choice. Put up OR shut up ????

• Confused 1

I think the comment was ‘put up or shut up’.

But I might be mistaken.

It’s often a response to someone making assertions they refuse to backup.

Perhaps a little brusque but not an insult and easily negated by ‘putting up’.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

You stated the accused stated one thing whilst the accused stated another. So provide the evidence that this has occurred. Actual evidence as opposed to “it’s obvious” ☺️
Your attempts to deflect and obfuscate only serve to illustrate your malfunctioning moral compass. 
What you are doing is choosing to ‘ignore’ the undoubtable ‘indecent exposure’, choosing to only focus on a possible accusation of ‘rape’. It’s disingenuous act and only highlights poor character. 

I am doing no such thing. Stop the trash talking.

You don't agree with my view that someone must be innocent until proven guilty. That's fine. No need for the derogatory language.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

You don't agree with my view that someone must be innocent until proven guilty. That's fine. No need for the derogatory language.

I say that you are covering up for a sex offender. 

This is a board where people express their opinions. There are no legal ramifications for RB. Therefore ‘innocent until proven guilty’ is not valid in this discussion. You continue to try to ignore the clear evidence of his actions, including an actual admission and instead lie in suggesting that ‘you would be the first to condemn him if found guilty’. Guilty of what? Indecent exposure? No one has prefaced the rape accusation here. So what is it that you are discussing. 
You are crawling so low here that it’s not possible to see any light underneath you. 
Give it up and crawl away…

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It’s EXACTLY what you are doing ???? 

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

I say that you are covering up for a sex offender. 

This is a board where people express their opinions. There are no legal ramifications for RB. Therefore ‘innocent until proven guilty’ is not valid in this discussion. You continue to try to ignore the clear evidence of his actions, including an actual admission and instead lie in suggesting that ‘you would be the first to condemn him if found guilty’. Guilty of what? Indecent exposure? No one has prefaced the rape accusation here. So what is it that you are discussing. 
You are crawling so low here that it’s not possible to see any light underneath you. 
Give it up and crawl away…

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s EXACTLY what you are doing ???? 

So, you can read minds and see into the future. That's quite impressive. Well done.

Stip all rhis petty childish bickering

I've been watching RB's YouTube channel off and on for a year or 2.  And some of his rumble videos.   At first he seemed left leaning but has quite a maga following on rumble lately based on the comments.  

3 points I want to make. 

1. How many of us in this World could pass full media scrutiny.  I doubt many.  Did you ever send or willingly receive a R or X rated text with or without pictures?  Any driving infractions involving alcohol? 

Any run ins with police?

Tax records for past 20 years all perfect? Any undeclared income?  I doubt many US kids by 18 could ever become a politician in this day and age. 

2.   I think what was once common sexual happenings and expectations for rock stars, famous people,  and rich people  is now taboo and holding people accountable for acts from 10-15 years ago isnt ok.   Russell was an admitted serious drug addict in the past.  The guy is very witty and intelligent.     He did walk in pretty exclusive circles.  I'm pretty sure there would be some groupies who would have regrets the next day or when they sobered up. It was a different time 15 years ago. " Grab em by the pissy!"  Comes to mind.  Most men who have visited Thailand could easily be cast under the bus. 

3.  I do think RB has revealed and talked about some very real corruption and control by the wealthy, governments and media.   He has shows revealing lots about vaccine decisions during covid and who financially benefitted.   The hidden negative outcomes, etc.  

In this day and age where mainstream media are losing viewership at a high rate to streaming media I think we must be cautious of main stream medias motives.    

36 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Stip all rhis petty childish bickering

I've been watching RB's YouTube channel off and on for a year or 2.  And some of his rumble videos.   At first he seemed left leaning but has quite a maga following on rumble lately based on the comments.  

3 points I want to make. 

1. How many of us in this World could pass full media scrutiny.  I doubt many.  Did you ever send or willingly receive a R or X rated text with or without pictures?  Any driving infractions involving alcohol? 

Any run ins with police?

Tax records for past 20 years all perfect? Any undeclared income?  I doubt many US kids by 18 could ever become a politician in this day and age. 

2.   I think what was once common sexual happenings and expectations for rock stars, famous people,  and rich people  is now taboo and holding people accountable for acts from 10-15 years ago isnt ok.   Russell was an admitted serious drug addict in the past.  The guy is very witty and intelligent.     He did walk in pretty exclusive circles.  I'm pretty sure there would be some groupies who would have regrets the next day or when they sobered up. It was a different time 15 years ago. " Grab em by the pissy!"  Comes to mind.  Most men who have visited Thailand could easily be cast under the bus. 

3.  I do think RB has revealed and talked about some very real corruption and control by the wealthy, governments and media.   He has shows revealing lots about vaccine decisions during covid and who financially benefitted.   The hidden negative outcomes, etc.  

In this day and age where mainstream media are losing viewership at a high rate to streaming media I think we must be cautious of main stream medias motives.    

Receptionist wasn’t a ‘groupie’. Nice try. 

If he tells the truth, we’ll support him if his intentions are good. Of course if he is willing to put his neck on the line in revealing some ‘truths’ that should be revealed, he should be supported.  He did wrong. Everyone can make mistakes. I’m not referring to any allegation of rape, since I’m not privy to that information. 
But the continuing attempts to whitewash does him no favours. 

Even 15 years ago I would expect a receptionist would have felt there was an HR person to report this sort of activity?  I was at a company and 30 yesrs ago HR was on top of most things sexual.   I bet it was a different thing in the high flying world of big media. 

Edited by Elkski

5 hours ago, Elkski said:

Even 15 years ago I would expect a receptionist would have felt there was an HR person to report this sort of activity?  I was at a company and 30 yesrs ago HR was on top of most things sexual.   I bet it was a different thing in the high flying world of big media. 

HR person? A completely ‘retarded’ comment IMHO.  What do you think an ‘HR person’ would be able to do to Russell Brand at the time?

Another thing being pushed by the deniers on this board, quite apart from the MSM conspiracy theories, is the time factor. The assumption that no complaints were made at the time nor prior to this year. 
Google ‘Katherine Ryan’ in relation to Russell Brand. She ‘outed’ him in 2018 on the show “Roast Battles”. Her remarks about him were removed from the final cut of the show. There was also the mention of him having “good lawyers”….