Cyber Police Raid ‘Big Joke’s’ Residence

webfact

As the top dog in the largest pyramid scheme, his protestations of innocence, are falling on deaf ears. His self built crusader image never convinced me. And as a top official of the RTP, you are guilty until proven innocent. And finally this man was passed up for the job, so maybe we will see just what he has been up to, and find out about the fortune he has stashed away.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

Is the full commando gear really necessary for a so called gambling raid?

You wouldn't expect the highest ranking members and his team to be heavily armed in a Junta regime while committing crimes? Good thing you are not responsible for protecting cops lives.

He knows (or should know) how this works. For them to show up in full gear to raid the house of such a high-ranking police officer, they must have had either extremely damning evidence or the backing of someone extremely powerful. Either way, he's toast, his protestations of innocence will get him nowhere. 

29 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Some people are asleep at 3am. Anyways I’ve heard a few stories of involvement in illegal gambling. Don’t be naive ????????????

Don't assume what the subject in the thread is. Your assumption is wrong. 

Are you saying you've heard stories about Big Joke being involved in illegal gambling? PLease share the details.

Edited by scorecard

52 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Don't assume what the subject in the thread is. Your assumption is wrong. 

Are you saying you've heard stories about Big Joke being involved in illegal gambling? PLease share the details.

We can assume anything we want on a public forum. This isn’t Na!!! Germany. Share details? ????????????????????????????????????

14 hours ago, geisha said:

Yes, it does ring a bell, he was a multi millionaire in his own rights before entering politics. Surachate has had a very successful career and has steadily climbed the ladder since age 24, ( 30 years) and is married to a very successful lady.  Try reading the info, it’s all online for you.

I was replying to somebody who claimed that Surachate would not be corrupt because he was already successful. My point was that there have been plenty of rich and apparently successful people who wanted more and were prepared to commit crimes to do so. Thaksin was just one example, relevant to Thailand, but there have been plenty of others. Alan Bond, a multi millionaire and Australian folk hero for taking the America's Cup ended up in jail for financial crimes. Bernie Madoff in America. The president of Samsung in Korea. And plenty more around the world.

And as for Surachate's career success, some people wonder if it has anything to do with his family connection to Thaksin's, his ex-wife Khunying Pojaman in particular. That's also online for you.

15 hours ago, geisha said:

Yes, it does ring a bell, he was a multi millionaire in his own rights before entering politics. Surachate has had a very successful career and has steadily climbed the ladder since age 24, ( 30 years) and is married to a very successful lady.  Try reading the info, it’s all online for you.

I was replying to somebody who claimed that Surachate would not be corrupt because he was already successful. My point was that there have been plenty of rich and apparently successful people who wanted more and were prepared to commit crimes to do so. Thaksin was just one example, relevant to Thailand, but there have been plenty of others. Alan Bond, a multi millionaire and Australian folk hero for taking the America's Cup ended up in jail for financial crimes. Bernie Madoff in America. The president of Samsung in Korea. And plenty more around the world.

And as for Surachate's early and rapid career success, some people wonder if it has anything to do with his family connection to Thaksin's family, especially his ex-wife Khunying Pojaman (principal in the dirt cheap land corruption case that helped bring Thaksin down). That's also online for you.

Edited by MikeN

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Some people are asleep at 3am. Anyways I’ve heard a few stories of involvement in illegal gambling. Don’t be naive ????????????

You have heard a few stories.  5555555555

I have told a few stories in my 79 years, but that does not mean that I did not embroider a few.

Heard, told, etc are totally meaningless unless they can be backed up.

What you have are allegations, guesswork, Chinese whispers and nothing else.

23 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Fairly well-known that people in his staff are connected to a major online gambling set-up, according to the crime editor of Manager. Whether this will be the end of it or whether the money will lead to Big Joke is what he's waiting to see. BJ maybe set this off with that raid some months ago on police officers in Chonburi who had milked an online gambling operation for 140 million baht. It could be retaliation for that. Also the politics involved in the appointment of the new police chief and an opportunity to finish off any chances he had even if he can't be directly connected. 

What is manager

Until the name names and prove it there is nothing unless proven.  also we don't know if the involvement was part of the case to break the rings.

15 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

a tarnished organization trying to tarnish an individual who is also part of that same tarnished organization...

thank you the BiB, you are never boring :jap:

Plus they seem to be quite experienced at such strategies.

On 9/25/2023 at 6:15 PM, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

You Americans have to make everything about yourselves.  Reminder, this topic is about a raid on a Thai senior policeman.

Yeah read today's healine too that he was chatting and laughing with the gambler at a party so that must make him guilty.  I was only comparing our senior folks with the locals.  Sorry you got upset, you must be one of the many hate-Americans here.  Too bad, your loss.

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

Big Joke was a protege of Prawit.

Nuff said.

Big Joke lost his job and disappeared for months only to be suddenly reinstated. 

Reading that post he must have used at least 50 million of his own money this year alone.

That is great, isn't it?

He must have a money tree in his garden, otherwise where does he get that money from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Reading that post he must have used at least 50 million of his own money this year alone.

That is great, isn't it?

He must have a money tree in his garden, otherwise where does he get that money from?

It's true his wife is heiress to a fortune but Big Joke wouldn't use his or his wife's money unless there was a return on it. 

Rumours surfaced a few years ago regarding his wealth as he owned so many houses.

His disappearance was allegedly connected to his task of looking after a very large sum of money deposited in Singapore. Money that disappeared!

And then out of the blue he was reappointed, no questions asked!

Or perhaps no questions allowed.

Two weeks ago, Thai PBS had a news story saying another deputy police chief by the name of Torsak -- and not Surchate -- was headed toward being named the new national police chief.

Now yesterday, I see the BKK Post also has its own news story saying the same guy, Torsak, is headed toward being named the new national chief, especially after the recent raids this week on Big Joke and his subordinates, attributing that to a source in the Police Commission.

Curiously, apart from the online gambling involvement claims, the Post report also has an item saying "a majority of the Police Commission" doesn't support Surachate because he's been accused in the past of unfair transfers of junior officers, which "upset several in the force" -- whatever that means.

So, either it's looking like BJ is going to be passed over for the top job, OR, someone/someones in the police hierarchy are working very hard to make it appear that BJ isn't a viable candidate for the top job anymore.

We shall see....