Teenage boy abandoned on roadside after he faints on Bangkok public bus

snoop1130

2012-51-820x547.jpg

A Thai bus driver and a ticket collector on the number 75 public bus have been fined for abandoning a sick teenager on the side of the road in Bangkok. The teenager had fainted on the bus.

A Thai woman who witnessed the incident urged a news platform on Facebook to spread the story to the public so the staff could be punished.

The woman said the incident happened on a pavement near the Wat Phraya Krai Police Station in Bangkok’s Bang Kho Laem district at around 6pm on Saturday, September 16. The woman explained that the ticket collector carried the boy off the bus and left him on the pavement before climbing back on the bus.

The boy was sitting on the ground and looked exhausted. The woman said she rushed over to check on him and learned that he had fainted on the bus. She gave him a bottle of water and some medicine and stayed with him until he felt better.

The boy revealed that he had taken the bus from Yan Nawa district to go home on Soi Pracha Uthit 27. The woman offered to help him contact his parents, but the boy refused, saying that his mother had died and his father was at work.

Another woman came to check on the boy and revealed that she had been on the same bus. She got off at the next stop to check on the boy. She added that she and other passengers were shocked to see what the staff had done to the boy. The woman later accompanied the boy home.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้ รีเทริน์ part 6

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

She gave him a bottle of water and some medicine and stayed with him until he felt better.

In the photo, it looks like a red-coloured fizzy, sugary drink.

Or is that classed as medicine?

And of course, someone took a photo.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 6

52 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

In the photo, it looks like a red-coloured fizzy, sugary drink.

Or is that classed as medicine?

And of course, someone took a photo.

I'm pretty sure that the green you can see over his right shoulder is the top of a water bottle.

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

They have such light penalties for this kind of behavior, it’s no wonder they are not afraid to do it. Sad

They do have harsher penalties.

My gardeners daughter was pushed of the bus and told to hurry up,the second time it happened the guy actually kicked her!

The third time my gardener was also on the bus,i assume the boy who kicked her will not be doing that again!

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A Thai bus driver and a ticket collector ............................. have been fined for abandoning a sick teenager

IMO, not only fined but ordered to attend (and pass) a first aid course before being re-appointed. This would be beneficial for other passengers who may sadly be taken ill on a bus. Maybe all bus drivers/conductors should take a basic first aid course. No further comment from me on this subject.