Big Joke caught partying with leading online gambling operator

webfact

Another story headline full of nothing. Being photoed or video bombed while at a open event hardly constitutes partying together.

The reporters that conjure up headlines and stories out of nothing just for clicks should really learn how to be a reporter or find another job. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

I heard from a Thai that 4-5 other houses on the same soi were raided too.  These all belonged to Big Joke and he apparently rents them out to some of his subordinates.

I read that this evening on the Khoa Sod web site, my first thought was where did he get the money from, a police salary, to buy the houses, in Bangkok as well, it seems that he is not as clean as he seems.

Also, so the rumor mill has it, the gambling outfit? Gave him 2 million baht, for his mother, for a stay in hospital, that must have been a long stay ,in a very expensive hospital, he will be back to counting paperclips soon again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just part of the culture that Thais are so proud of. Corrupt from top to bottom. I'm not sure I would trust even my local noodle seller. If there's a scam to be worked then a Thai will work it.

The Thais should be proud that their culture is tolerant enough to put up with racist bigots such as yourself without deporting them. I've been here 10 years and the only troubles I've seen or had personally are with farang, mostly badly behaved Brits. It baffles one as to why you even live here, if you do. Did you come here because there weren't enough things to complain about in your home country? You should move (or go back to) to the US, they love people like you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Big Joke and others broke up the Online Gambling ring in July.

It seems immediately after some of his industrious subordinates started running the site themselves after seeing how much cash could be had.  That's a quick turnaround ... 

I heard from a Thai that 4-5 other houses on the same soi were raided too.  These all belonged to Big Joke and he apparently rents them out to some of his subordinates.

There's money in Real Estate. 

3 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

Could it be that Big Joke is related in some way to 

Thitisan Utthanaphon aka Ferrari Joe? 

Is it a genetic trate or are all the top cops as corrupt as one another? 

I think it's maybe that they all do their shopping at the same outlet. 

You can by, Rolexs, exotic cars and Real Estate. 

14 hours ago, bob smith said:

The loudest one in the room is usually the one with the most dirt under his fingernails.

The fact that big joke claims to be this whiter than white knight in shining armor is a huge red flag.

He should have stayed out of the spotlight and worked in the shadows if he truly wanted to fight crime in a meaningful, productive way. His big mouth and public persona may now be coming back to bite him hard on the behind.. 

The concept there seems to be that police officers can fight crime while also committing their own crimes.

50 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I think it's maybe that they all do their shopping at the same outlet. 

You can by, Rolexs, exotic cars and Real Estate. 

No, no , no  they were all trained by the same guy also arrested:

Police Major General Namkiat Teerarotjanapong
Commander of the Training Centre of the Metropolitan Police Bureau

6 hours ago, kickstart said:

I read that this evening on the Khoa Sod web site, my first thought was where did he get the money from, a police salary, to buy the houses, in Bangkok as well, it seems that he is not as clean as he seems.

Also, so the rumor mill has it, the gambling outfit? Gave him 2 million baht, for his mother, for a stay in hospital, that must have been a long stay ,in a very expensive hospital, he will be back to counting paperclips soon again.

He doesn't own those other houses as implied in some of the articles. 

15 hours ago, JoePai said:

Nice haul of bent cops  

I'm ignorant of the particulars, but based on Thai history, I'd say the most likely outcome is a few old thieves leave, and in comes a new bunch of thieves.  That's how it seems to work in most countries, including my native land, anyhow.  Meanwhile of course it's illegal for ordinary folks to directly criticize the very thieves here being investigated.  TIT baby! 

Looks like he's playing the old "do you know who I am?" card by filing a court complaint that is based on the premise that if the court had been advised in advance that he was the owner of the properties to be raided, the court would not have approved the search warrants. Oh yes, and the large force was used in the searches in a way that "tarnished his reputation".

As the (Thai) World Turns...

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

The Thais should be proud that their culture is tolerant enough to put up with racist bigots such as yourself without deporting them. I've been here 10 years and the only troubles I've seen or had personally are with farang, mostly badly behaved Brits. It baffles one as to why you even live here, if you do. Did you come here because there weren't enough things to complain about in your home country? You should move (or go back to) to the US, they love people like you. 

Thanks for sharing.

Now, can you get back on topic and comment on the actual subject matter here?

• Like 1