Former PM Thaksin Shinawatra to be eligible for parole next year

webfact

How is he up for release so soon doesn't he have be in prison and serve time to be released,,, Thai what a joke and speaking of jokes how is Thailands top copper doing,, Big Joke has he been arrested yet with the other 8 top coppers and maybe they will get to visit Taksin in the next bed for there sentences too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question 1.  How many other convicted and sentenced prisoners have been treated in the Police hospital in recent years, how many of those were flown by helicopter and how many got to stay in a private room? ( i ask because a guy i know was allowed to die in the hospital wing of the prison without and special treatment)

question 2. If his sentence has been cut because he is old and seriously ill why is the prime minister already talking about him having a place as a government adviser, surely if he is too sick and old to serve his sentence then he is definitely to frail to be involved in politics 

question 3. How is a politician who fled the country and was later convicted and sentenced on various corruption charges allowed to legally have anything to do with politics again?

question 3. Why was his sentence cut? Why not let him be released under house arrest with monitoring bracelet? 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, mark131v said:

So the bloke who inherited shares in a defunct company ain't allowed into politics but yet another convicted jail bird is. That seems very, very Thai to me, how intelligent people put up with this is a mystery to me....

Not an abundance of intelligent people here and those whom are are silenced...one way or another. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Never heard of a prisoner being air lifted to hospital hours after arriving

Never heard of a Thai prisoner getting around the clock care

Never heard of a Thai prisoner being moved to a luxury hospital wing

Happened with a Chonburi politician a few years ago. Exactly the same. Spent about one night in prison and then..... Then, of course, it vanished from the news so he probably either spent the rest of his prison term there or, more likely, was quietly released out the back door when no-one was looking.

But then we would expect nothing else, would we.

Well that seems pretty clear cut doesn't it!!!

Only the most blind and deluded can think his treatment is the same as other similar aged and sickly prisoners!

Never heard of a long prison sentence being commuted within hours of arrival before the convict has served any prison time

I bet these hypocrites struggle to lie straight in bed....

Just because you never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, everyday in every country.  Wake UP ... it's a reality.  

I'm guessing, he is footing the bill for his comforts.

• Haha 1

Anybody else pick this up in the linked article - 

Thaksin had just undergone surgery for an incurable disease and the prisoner had the right not to disclose the symptoms and details of the treatment to the public.

Specifically "incurable disease".......

Considering how little is being revealed, supposedly due to privacy, I am surprised that was slipped into the report..... 

• Like 1

The whole situation is an absolute joke this guy has spent less than 12 hours in prison yet will be eligible for parole in February 2024 whilst he lives in luxury in his own private suite at the police hospital . There is one rule for fugitive billionaires and one rule for those with little or no money Thailand has become an embarrassment to the rest of the world 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mark131v said:

So the bloke who inherited shares in a defunct company ain't allowed into politics but yet another convicted jail bird is. That seems very, very Thai to me, how intelligent people put up with this is a mystery to me....

Since you bring up the subject of intelligence, please note that the bloke who inherited many years ago shares of a TV company should have known very well after the Future Forward leader episode that they were poisonous, that they were worth nothing, and had all the time to get rid of them but preferred to keep blogging and taking selfies. You tell me the IQ level.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

No mystery if you think about where you are and who are involved and who pulls the strings  in this ongoing nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only the most blind and deluded can think his treatment is the same as other similar aged and sickly prisoners!

Never heard of a long prison sentence being commuted within hours of arrival before the convict has served any prison time

I'm sure the warmth generated from the brown envelopes eases any pain in their nightly struggle of sleeping. 

21 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Hmm - 6 months in"detention".

I wonder if that was the initial agreement, or has there been some backpedaling on the deal?

Will the 6 months detention be in the luxury royal wing of the police hospital or at klong prem jail?

Or perhaps home detention? 

Edited by scorecard