**Urgent Help Needed/Advice For Thai Work Permit**

I am in talks with a Local Muay Thai gym & they would like to hire me to help with managing their customer bookings online (remote working position). 

A Thai person can do that, no problem.

why they need you.

Think they are after your cash, or they have no idea of what employment is about for a foreigner.

Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudi OD said:

They are happy to give me the job role so I can be granted a working permit visa to stay out in Thailand.   

Run Forest Run.

It's a scam .....

BTW you do not have a "3 months SETV" 

That visa grants 60 day permission of stay and you can obtain 30 day extension at immigration. 

Clearly under 50? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

So, it is highly unlikely they will pay you enough (50k minimum salary), have enough registered capital, enough registered thai employees (paying social security, etc.) at a local Muay Thai gym. It is too much of a headache for them. If they don’t care it won’t get done.

This is probably the only realistic option if you wanted to do it, which you probably won’t. You need to start your own company with 4 minimum salary thai employees. Then pay yourself through that company. That company could then contract to manage the remote bookings through a contract or whatever other work. This will require a significant amount of work, time, and up front costs but could lead to permanent residence.

I wouldn't say it is impossible. If you have a company that are ready to hire you, and that company has a few people employed. Then you "might" be able to get it to work. Yes, at least you need to pay taxes on a 50k or 60k salary (depending on where you are from) and registered capital for the gym might be an issue. But also remember that in Thailand things are not that black and white. I can tell you as much that you need professional help with this (there are plenty of companies with the right expertise, some more legit than others). If you can't get a work permit I am very sure there are tons of other options for getting a visa. A general advice would be that whatever you do, this will not cost you much, if someone claims that it does, it is a scam. 

• Confused 1

It will take about 1 ft and a half of paperwork in height and many many trips back and forth and back and forth unless the mai tai Jim is ready with all the documents I don't think you'll get a work permit for them or I mean a Visa a Visa will probably be harder to get

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flaxx said:

A general advice would be that whatever you do, this will not cost you much, if someone claims that it does, it is a scam. 

Define "will not cost you much".

Lots of documents, lots of forms to fill, lots of laws and regulations to follow, and it takes time.

It's almost impossible to do this without professional help. 

And you want to make sure you don't only get the first business visa and work-permit, you want to make sure you can get these for years. That is work for a professional accountant or lawyer.

• Like 1

You'll need a non-immigrant type-B visa to obtain a work permit, and thereafter extension of stay based on work. You might need to apply for the non-B visa abroad, I'm not sure if your can change domestically. There will be some level of paperwork to fulfill the applications for both visa and extension of stay.

Your employer needs a registered capital of not less than 2 million baht and 4 Thai employees. Furthermore, you salary must be of not less than 50,000 baht per month to obtain extension of stay based on work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

You'll need a non-immigrant type-B visa to obtain a work permit, and thereafter extension of stay based on work. You might need to apply for the non-B visa abroad, I'm not sure if your can change domestically. There will be some level of paperwork to fulfill the applications for both visa and extension of stay.

Your employer needs a registered capital of not less than 2 million baht and 4 Thai employees. Furthermore, you salary must be of not less than 50,000 baht per month to obtain extension of stay based on work.

Thank you!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rudi OD said:

Thank you!

Your parallel thread that lists detail 20 yr old etc and inquiring about ED visa has more details that this thread.

This job offer is a scam.

Hey I'm not putting you down.

Actually thinking for your age I could never have the balls to do what your doing. 

The ED visa is option for a year after that...

Look into a revolving (shared) stays in Thailand and other countries such as Vietnam.

If you spend couple months out of Thailand then visa exempt into Thailand more possible.

Obtain 30 day extension.

Wash and repeat. 

Jealous.

Good luck. 

Edited by DrJack54

I wish you luck OP. Just one comment in addition to all other replies: if they really need you, it's them (the Gym) who have to find out what is needed, not you. Because of language, and because they will be held legally responsible for things done wrong. They obviously have never hired a foreigner before, so chances are that they have no clue.

When I was hired by a reputable and relatively large research organization many moons ago, I was their first foreigner, and I cannot tell you how stressful the learning process was for them - and for me in the first year.

Edited by arithai12
  • Confused 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

Run Forest Run.

It's a scam .....

BTW you do not have a "3 months SETV" 

That visa grants 60 day permission of stay and you can obtain 30 day extension at immigration. 

Clearly under 50? 

"...They are happy to give me the job role so I can be granted a working permit visa to stay out in Thailand. "

It's not based on the opinion of the employer, there are specific Work Permit laws / regulations which must be complied with.

You need to understanding that there is no such thing as "...working permit visa...".  It involves 2 different / but linked items:

a) WORKING IN THAILAND. Gaining a Work permit which of itself gives you permission to work in Thailand but does not give you permission to phsyically be in Thailand.

b). PHYSICALLY BEING ON THAI SOIL. Using the work permit to apply for a specific type of Visa which on approval gives you permission to physically be ON THAI SOIL BUT HAS NO BEARING WHATEVER ON WORKING IN THAILAND. 

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It's not based on the opinion of the employer, there are specific Work Permit laws / regulations which must be complied with.

Don't understand the reason to quote my post.

The OP is a 20 year old digital nomad.

The "offer" of job is a scam.

In his other thread he inquires about ED visa 

I posted above that since he wants to live in SEA and cannot afford a PE Visa that living in Thailand part time and equal balance in other countries would be an option. 

Assume he does not have qualification to teach.

Edited by DrJack54