Witch hunt against 'Big Joke' persists: Police probe rental properties linked to top cop

webfact

13 hours ago, garygooner said:

New head of police will be named today apparently. Don't think it'll be BJ.  

I think your right, he's got to be out of the limelight, but he can still help, by advising with his experience which is valuable to the police force, just as another high figure is about to do, or become PM Incognito. 

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...and where there isn't smoke, there isn't fire.

Unless it's a Plazma fire......

The bottom line is that a flame only becomes a plasma if it gets hot enough. Flames at lower temperatures do not contain enough ionization to become a plasma. On the other hand, a higher-temperature flame does indeed contain enough freed electrons and ions to act as a plasma. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

Used to be easy to get retirement visa based on earnings letter from Consul until Big Joke stopped it for no reason, keep hunting witches,couldn't happen to a nicer person.

He doesn't make the laws and extension requirements....if you don't know what you are talking about, better not to comment. Best information is the Embassies themselves refused to supply letters when actual verification  was stipulated. 

So far his defense has consisted of:

he's too rich to take bribes

he doesn't need his paltry salary

If he did take bribes he'd take more than 3.6 million baht

"they" are out to get me

he uses money from his wife to pay for police operations

threatening lawsuits

"I paid those reporters because I felt sorry for them."

IMO, he would be better off addressing the issues, maybe with a few of his beloved vinyl displays.

He got into trouble in 2019, and somehow got away with it. And he has advanced in rank far ahead ( 3+ years) of his classmates, allegedly as a result of Elephant Tickets.

No clue why so many foreigners are fan bois of what they claim is the only honest cop in Thailand?

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

And, it seems you don't read / comprehend very well, the houses don't belong to him, so any comparion to he salary is not relevant in any way. 

He said, in an interview (according to the OP) that he paid rent for two of the houses, rent that it appears amounted to considerably more than his salary.

Maybe a bit less of the smart Alec comments on reading or comprehension skills? We all are left in no doubt that you are jolly clever and extraordinarily well informed anyway.

Edited by herfiehandbag

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Unless it's a Plazma fire......

The bottom line is that a flame only becomes a plasma if it gets hot enough. Flames at lower temperatures do not contain enough ionization to become a plasma. On the other hand, a higher-temperature flame does indeed contain enough freed electrons and ions to act as a plasma. 

Gawd...

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The owner wasn't collecting rent and Joke's family are billionaires.

Big joke himself confirmed he was paying 50,000 baht per month to rent two units, one for him and one for his father. So who is telling the truth? I'll submit that the truth and any member of the RTP, are not synonymous.

• Thanks 1

There have been multiple and varying accounts of just what's been going on with the 5 houses here in BKK...  But the latest version in the OP here has three of the five houses being given rent-free for BJ's subordinates.

"He rented two houses from Tam, one for himself and one for his father, for 50,000 baht a month. Big Joke did not explain why Tam also let his subordinates live in the other three houses."

11 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The owner wasn't collecting rent and Joke's family are billionaires.

Big joke himself confirmed he was paying 50,000 baht per month to rent two units, one for him and one for his father. So who is telling the truth? I'll submit that the truth and any member of the RTP, are not synonymous.

The same article reported that rent was not being collected from him.

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's no reason, whatsoever, for his rental arrangements to be "publicly declared or disclosed"!

Gifts of considerable value (gifted housing) given by a taxi industry businessman who's industry comes under regulation by the Thai police?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's no reason, whatsoever, for his rental arrangements to be "publicly declared or disclosed"!

Gifts of considerable value (gifted housing) given by a taxi industry businessman who's industry comes under regulation by the Thai police?

Gifted rent.  No, he has no obligation to make that information publicly available.   Since when has the taxi industry been "regulated by the RTP" and not the LTD?  Is that a new shift of regulatory authority?

23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...and where there isn't smoke, there isn't fire.

correct. it is perctly normal for not actually related business people with respected family status to  take responsibility for community fees totalling 142k per year and then provide housing rent free for subordinates and hangers on. 

obviously there is a reasonable explanation.

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

So far his defense has consisted of:

he's too rich to take bribes

he doesn't need his paltry salary

If he did take bribes he'd take more than 3.6 million baht

"they" are out to get me

he uses money from his wife to pay for police operations

threatening lawsuits

"I paid those reporters because I felt sorry for them."

IMO, he would be better off addressing the issues, maybe with a few of his beloved vinyl displays.

He got into trouble in 2019, and somehow got away with it. And he has advanced in rank far ahead ( 3+ years) of his classmates, allegedly as a result of Elephant Tickets.

No clue why so many foreigners are fan bois of what they claim is the only honest cop in Thailand?

This Sir hits the nail bang on the head, thankyou!!

I too struggle with people who don't understand that he is a general in the RTP so he cannot conceivably be anything other than corrupt to the core,

Whether he is less openly corrupt or better than others is completely beside the point, it's like saying Hitler was better than Stalin or vice versa. They are both horrible bastards!!

Absolutely the only way to get that position is through being, arrogant, corrupt, entitled and very cunning. I have no doubt he more than ticks all those boxes and his defence and actions illustrate this admirably

He's a big fish swimming in a cess pool and if you swim in a cess pool you are going become tainted!!

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 12:15 PM, Scottie12 said:

Used to be easy to get retirement visa based on earnings letter from Consul until Big Joke stopped it for no reason, keep hunting witches,couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Bravo, Scottie.  HIS “witch hunt” against farang retirees has never let up for a moment. Most of us don’t have wealthy wives to protect us.