Lotus’s go pet-friendly shopping paw-tnership in 100 stores in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Lotus's Thailand opening themselves to lawsuits: Pitbull attacks shoppers 

Yeah, I want to see the stroller or bag that holds a pitbull back. Reminds me of someone I knew over in Thonglor who took his St. Bernards into a pet store and asked for plastic dog carriers.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

This is nothing more than big corporations trying to increase their ESG scores so that the big stock market hounds and hedge funds will promote their brand in the marketplace. If their scores plummet, then so does their stock value. It's all part of the New World Order's plan to control the populace and destroy the world's economies so they can enter into their Great Reset! We have got to start pushing back against this nonsense. Just wait until a customer gets too close to a shopping buggy with a dog in it, and the dog takes a chunk out of their body. It's highly probable! It's happened to me before. 

Environmental, Social and corporate Governance

Environmental, social, and corporate governance is an approach to evaluating the extent to which a corporation works on behalf of social goals that go beyond the role of a corporation to maximize profits on behalf of the corporation's shareholders. 

No problem, just fit your dog with a tinfoil hat, that will put the mockers on the "New World Order's" cunning plan!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good afternoon ???? 

the question would be , Are the  pets fully vaccinated ? And how will you control pets with behavioral problems with people and other pets.

I hope you are prepared Tesco ???? I would worry about those questions I asked to avoid legal liabilities: ???? Hopefully ???? You’ve thought of those things ???? 

Nothing to do with Tesco who left Thailand having sold their stores to you-know-who.

• Thumbs Up 1

confirmed as i saw some dude with his lap dog in on the other day and I was like wtf...

being someone that works in food business I find animals being around food for sale is a FU to customers from the people that bring these animals inside a store...it can very well sit outside for 5 mins if you are too fragile to leave your therapy animal at home while u run errands..

But I suppose this applies to the bratty kid in a store --if you can act right..just feels wrong that they had this fluffy white dog which seems to shed easily right next to the raw meat coolers....

it cant blame and animal but surely dont appreciate selfish people....esp in airplanes.... as i pay alot for an air tix and i dont wanna be seated next to a dog or a screaming baby.....but i cannot blame pets or babies,,,,,,i blame those that choose to have them and force them upon me(plane)

and b4 you reply yes I think planes should have baby+pet flights, similar to the quiet adult trains

(forum now open for flaming)....gentle reminder is MY opinion, unless im not allowed to have one

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Haven't been there in a while, but I remember K-Village being open air.

The entrances don't have doors, but other than that it's enclosed. Habito Mall, 101 True Digital Park, Central Festival Eastville, all allow dogs, but I don't know them well. We only go to K-Village because we specifically go to use their dog park.

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

????Bing bong????   "Will the owner of the dog humping my leg, please come to Checkout 6, that's Checkout 6 thank you.''

bravo good sir...can you please provide location as i need a good humping...also is it free???

bonus for the bing bong.......forgot the "Hello..Welcome".....as i sing it back on entry and would put a gun in my mouth if i worked there

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pets must not walk around inside Lotus’s.

the d*ck I saw 2 days ago already violated this with his fluffy white pooch...good to know

was only on leash...cant wait for kids to scream when they see the devil dogs approach....

this is a bad idea as it opens the door to problems....meanwhile soi dogs collect to save up for a carriage....party down in beer aisle....will the dogs be able to use phones to pay for beers? ID?

• Haha 1

I hate this Crap , they can’t even take care of their pets at home and now all on 12 foot leashes or god knows how long , you trip over leashes in USA it’s absolutely ridiculous and I’m sure the dogs will urinate and poop all over and they walk away it’s totally unsanitary 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

The information on their website says dogs won't be able to go in the supermarket zone, so it sounds like they can only be in the mall part of the building, not around the food.

i was in the express one the other day and getting raw meat as i looked down at a fluffy(shed) dog on a leash..no basket......Ive worked as a Chef 30+ years and is against health code to have animals inside a place where food is made or sold as there is raw meat--veggies and fruit mere feet from this shedding hair into open raw meat coolers.....even I have wear a hair net and shave it if handling food or cooking in open areas....but seems to thais shedding animals are fine even ones that may be protective of owners or maybe nip a kid that tries to pet it or someone carrying an item that the dog wants a good whiff of......this reeks of problems as the one i saw was not in a basket and was simple on a leash so in essence the owner already broke the rules and i dont see a thai employee scolding them for doing it..which they didnt........good grief..smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

The entrances don't have doors, but other than that it's enclosed. Habito Mall, 101 True Digital Park, Central Festival Eastville, all allow dogs, but I don't know them well. We only go to K-Village because we specifically go to use their dog park.

+1  Been there dozens of times.  Never once had a problems with the pooches.  It was nice to talk to the owners and some of them let us pet the dogs.  Quite a contrast and a very welcome change from soi dogs.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

being someone that works in food business I find animals being around food for sale is a FU to customers from the people that bring these animals inside a store...it can very well sit outside for 5 mins if you are too fragile to leave your therapy animal at home while u run errands..

On the spectrum of disgusting things I've seen in Asian markets, stores, and restaurants, dogs don't even make it into the top half.

If K-Village is any indicator, they may increase foot traffic, even quite a bit. 

Of course, anyone who doesn't like dogs may want to do a hard pass.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

My Lotus has the chicken and other meat uncovered, laying out where you pick it up with tongs to put in a plastic bag. I'm not going to buy something that may have been licked, bit, chewed, or slobbered on by some stinky hound.

I agree.

The worst part if how uncovered meat gets to those places.

I saw at opening time that some employees arrive with sealed packages of meat. And then they open those packages and put the meat in the open all tother with no cover.

The worst I saw was in an exclusive supermarket chain. In the morning they put some of the meat products, which was in the refrigerator on the wall, on unrefrigerated tables in the aisle. And in the evening, they put the rest back in the fridge. I never bought anything that should be refrigerated in that shop again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

That's what the Lotus hypermarket I go to does. It takes frozen meat and puts it in metal pans on the aisle open to the air. At least the nearest Lotus Go Fresh has a glass lid over their's. Can say that Foodland apparently does much better. Meat is always behind a glass covered counter and when I buy chicken they usually open up a sealed package before they bag it.

I go since forever to Foodland. I never had a bad experience in any of their stores. 

Worst case the MARS is out of stock, which is obviously annoying. But that's about it. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Cake Monster said:

Animals have always been restricted from Food Stores ( eccept helping Dogs )

And its for a very good reason

They are unhygienic, and could potentially carry diseases

Yuk !

Who wants to eat food from a store that allows a@@e licking Animals to wander into them

The dogs do not go into the food store, there is a separate store for animals...............????..........................:coffee1:

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I go since forever to Foodland. I never had a bad experience in any of their stores. 

Worst case the MARS is out of stock, which is obviously annoying. But that's about it. 

Can't imagine Foodland or Gourmet Market ever letting dogs even get near their entrances. Foodland always tries to be on top of things and is my number one choice. GM comes in second. The FL is just 3.5km away and the GM is a little over 1km away. Were the distances reversed, I would never go to GM.

Edited by John Drake