Sweden gangs: PM summons army chief after surge in killings

Social Media

image.png

Sweden's prime minister has summoned the head of the armed forces to help curb a surge in gang killings.

The two men and the country's police chief will meet on Friday to discuss what role the military could play.

It comes after a bloody 12 hours that saw two men shot dead in Stockholm and a 25-year-old woman killed in a blast at home in a town north of the capital.

"We will hunt the gangs down and we will defeat them," PM Ulf Kristersson promised in a rare televised address.

Armed forces chief Micael Byden told Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter he was prepared to assist police efforts.

It is not clear exactly how the military might get involved but previous talks suggest soldiers may take over certain policing duties to allow officers to free up resources for crime-fighting.

Some critics have described the proposed measures as superficial, arguing they treat the symptoms rather than root causes of the violence.

So far this month, 12 people have been killed in gang violence - the highest number since December 2019, according to Dagens Nyheter.

Swedish media have connected the recent surge to a conflict involving a gang known as the Foxtrot network, which has been rocked by infighting and split into two rival factions.

Mr Kristersson said Sweden had not seen anything like it before and that "no other country in Europe" was experiencing this kind of situation.

He stressed that children and innocent bystanders were increasingly being caught up in violence across the country.

The overnight explosion in Fullero, some 80km (50 miles) north of Stockholm, killed a woman thought to be a neighbour of a person with connections to organised crime.

She went to sleep "on a completely ordinary evening but never got to wake up", the prime minister said.

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

What's vague about it?  Globalists want to ship labor around the world as if it's a commodity like iron ore.  To that end, they're jiggering immigration policy and enforcement.

The problem is, unlike iron ore, that labor comes with needs, and with beliefs that may and may not line up at all with where they're shipped.  That seems to be what's happening in Sweden.  Swedish law is not designed for gang warfare and child soldiers.  (from PM speech, above)  But it's real common where their problematic immigrants came from.  Hardly surprising that one group isn't compatible with the other.

And no, I'm not dismissing the collective colonial guilt behind allowing west Africans to flood into France, and...  and... (and probably Kurds to Sweden. too)

It sounds like you are against Immigration.

Ever hear of the Chinese Exclusion Act?

• Confused 11
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

What, exactly, does that have to do with gang killings in Sweden?

Sweden will take care of its crime problem.  Many countries have had to deal with the unique nature of immigrants before assimilation of immigrants into local culture.

Your agenda, however, does not seem to be about how to deal with immigrant culture, but to exclude them from entering the country.

There is nothing wrong with legal immigration.

• Confused 12
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far as I know, Sweden has no history of colonization since the days of Vikings. So I doubt they have a reason for white guilt.

AFAIK, you're correct.  I suspect (but I don't know) they've been pressured to take in some of the refugees from the mess that Bush/Blair made of Iraq et.al.

Honestly, this is the first I've read that it's gotten so bad in Sweden, though there have been rumblings.  And I haven't delved into the wingnut conspiracy sources completely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Farangs that pay large and go through the hassle of legally living in LOS are in no way comparable to the people that are the problem in so many western countries.

Also, most farangs are merely long stay tourists as have to renew permission to stay every year.

So, immigration and globalism are not the problem, it's the people who are immigrating. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Confused 3