Tourism confidence in Thailand plummets amid economic jitters

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourism confidence index in Thailand has taken a hit, with figures sliding from 91 in the same period of 2019 to 69 in the third quarter of this year, according to the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT).

And still sliding.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

Let's pretend this bs is real. 

I think it is but it is also real that Thailand no longer provides a family experience that people are looking for at the same price as 2019.  For single guys the bars are the same but last time I went to a walking street there were a lot of closed bars.  Just imagine what it is going to be like after all the prices start to rise with the new wage increase.

Somebody can correct me but I am under the impression that the girls in bars get min wage guaranteed is that correct?

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Every time i read such articles i find myself scratching my head as to who writes such rubbish, nowadays they can write anything and it will be taken as the gospel truth while we all know too well that the only people who knows the truth probably either bend it or keeping it from us...

The scribes that are producing all the BS just don't understand that Thai press is distributed globaly, accordingly travellers will weigh up their options and go elsewhere. 

19 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Look to the future, tourism is going to decline. Economic problems in the US, Europe and China. The c40 cities loonies in the west plan to limit flights. At the same time the Thai establishment tax plans will impact expats. Time to set up that plan B.

Look at the dollar ffs