Being a loner in retirement

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

Make a will??

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Surely that is under your control?

If you want no one to get it , it is impossible.

And to get back to the topic : maybe the only downside of being a loner (with no kids) , is the things you leave behind after you die.

Yes it has been said already , this subject is becoming morbid. 

23 minutes ago, FlorC said:

If you want no one to get it , it is impossible.

And to get back to the topic : maybe the only downside of being a loner (with no kids) , is the things you leave behind after you die.

Yes it has been said already , this subject is becoming morbid. 

Nothing morbid about estate planning.

As I said before, none of us get out of this adventure alive; so enjoy the time you have left and make sure that you take steps to ensure that the people whom you care about, are taken care of.

Interesting range of responses.

My way of coping with loneliness is to do P4P in Pattaya.

I am retired Asian-American sexpat, age 70.

Yes, I am a dirty farang grandpa who pays for young pussy (which is getting goddamn expensive!)

I am OK with living alone and dying alone -- as long as I can still boom-boom.

No,  I am not truly happy.

I could die right now and it will not affect anyone's life.

But I've made my peace with it.

Some here have posted that it is "off topic" to discuss having a live-in girlfriend to ease loneliness.

Really?

For the celibate loners, I ask you this:

You have a dick. 

Does it still work?

Do you have boners waking in the morning?

What do you do about it?

Seems a shame to have a dick and not use it.

Or maybe sex is not important to you in your old age?

Don't you want to feel the touch of another human once in a while?

Edited by Tonko
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:51 PM, spidermike007 said:

I tend to agree. I was solo for nearly two decades. Dated a bit. Had a few relationships, but nothing serious. Then, I met my current Thai woman, and after being with her awhile, I realized I had really missed being with a wonderful woman. For me, nothing beats a quiet home, with an outstanding woman who is a great mate, a fun person to be around and always has your back. 

Every day with her is a very good day. She is the same lovely woman from one day to the next. She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning. Never experienced that in the states. Some Thais manifest that unbearable lightness of being, that is so delightful to be around. I cannot really get enough of that spirit, and feel so blessed to be around that, and to have found such a well adjusted and delightful creature.

I don't know if it gets any better than that. Sure beats living alone in the desert. For me, anyway. 

Having the sense to realize the woman will make you happier than chasing new highs is difficult here.  Too many great women have slipped by while I was chasing something fresh.  How I manage to realize the woman I've been with for 3 years was special is beyond me but stupid me figured it out within a week and I became the best man I could be in her eyes.  Two loners that have had quite an adventure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tonko said:

Yes, I am a dirty farang grandpa who pays for young pussy (which is getting goddamn expensive!)

Some here have posted that it is "off topic" to discuss having a live-in girlfriend to ease loneliness.

Really?

You have a dick. 

Does it still work?

What do you do about it?

I see you're a NEWBIE here, 70yo. ????

Where have you been all these years. 

Keep up the funny stuff. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, Tonko said:

Really?

You have a dick. 

Does it still work?

What do you do about it?

Have you got a regular "girlfriend"?  about your age seems sensible to get someone to take care more than the usual STs

It's a personal thing. Some people love to be alone (like me) as there is no one to bother them, make demands, tell them what to do, etc. Doesn't mean I like to be alone ALL the time. I'm just comfortable in my own skin and don't need other people around. I have plenty of friends and acquaintances to hang with when I want but am happy being alone as well. 

On the other hand, I know plenty of people who simply either hate to be alone or are afraid of being alone. My brother is a prime example. He's been married 3 times and jumped into the next one months after the previous one ended. His first wife was twice as big as him, his 2nd was twice as old as him and the third/current is twice as ugly as him. Once I was visiting them and his wife pulled into the driveway and got out and I thought it was a man. YUCK! 

I'd rather be castrated than have to have ANYTHING to do with any of them in the bedroom. I often tell people that my parents had another son, but I don't have any siblings. I can't accept that I'm in any way related to that guy.        

14 hours ago, JayClay said:

Make a will??

Yes, a will is imperative for everyone. One for your assets in each country where they reside. As for me, I don't want to leave money to anyone so I put most of my money into an annuity that will stop payments when I die and not be continued to anyone else. It's best to check with a good lawyer to have the document put together asap. You never know when the next day will be your last.

Just now, KhunLA said:

Spend it 

I'm not a "spender". Never have been. That's how I was able to retire at 59. As Warren Buffet says.... once a saver, always a saver. I have more income than "outflow" so I suspect you are right and I'll need to start cutting some of it loose on frivolous things or living a fancier lifestyle than I need. 

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Yes, a will is imperative for everyone. One for your assets in each country where they reside. As for me, I don't want to leave money to anyone so I put most of my money into an annuity that will stop payments when I die and not be continued to anyone else. It's best to check with a good lawyer to have the document put together asap. You never know when the next day will be your last.

You must hate everyone. Not 1 friend to give money to?

Just now, bignok said:

You must hate everyone. Not 1 friend to give money to?

WOW! Unfortunate comment. No, I don't hate everyone. Everyone I know has plenty and don't need anything from me. Your mind certainly works in a very strange way. Thanks for jumping to conclusions. Personally, I don't think anyone "deserves" to be left money. Many rich people are leaving their kids the bare minimum, so they hold a job and contribute to society. I agree with them. I didn't work my tail off for decades to makes someone else's life easy. 

Edited by HuskerDo2

1 minute ago, HuskerDo2 said:

WOW! Unfortunate comment. No, I don't hate everyone. Everyone I know has plenty and don't need anything from me. You mind certainly works in a very strange way. Thanks for jumping to conclusions. Personally, I don't think anyone "deserves" to be left money. Many rich people are leaving their kids the bare minimum, so they hold a job and contribute to society. I agree with them. I didn't work my tail off for decades to makes someone else's life easy. 

Then the government gets it. Very strange thinking you have. Lots of poor people out there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

WOW! Unfortunate comment. No, I don't hate everyone. Everyone I know has plenty and don't need anything from me. You mind certainly works in a very strange way. Thanks for jumping to conclusions. Personally, I don't think anyone "deserves" to be left money. Many rich people are leaving their kids the bare minimum, so they hold a job and contribute to society. I agree with them. I didn't work my tail off for decades to makes someone else's life easy. 

Rich people are often weirdos. If you are worth $50b and give your kid $1m thats sad. Give the kid $50m at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bignok said:

Then the government gets it. Very strange thinking you have. Lots of poor people out there.

Yes, and the poor WILL get some of it. I bought an annuity so it will all go away when I pass. Thanks for being so judgmental. My money and my decision as what to do with it. You seem to think people need to follow YOUR rules when it comes to THEIR money. Doesn't work that way cowboy. Sorry!!

Just now, bignok said:

Rich people are often weirdos. If you are worth $50b and give your kid $1m thats sad. Give the kid $50m at least.

Once again you think people should do things YOUR way. This "conversation" is over. Enjoy your day.

By the way, if a kid can't get by with $1m in addition to their income from their job then they have an issue.

8 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

WOW! Unfortunate comment. No, I don't hate everyone. Everyone I know has plenty and don't need anything from me. Your mind certainly works in a very strange way. Thanks for jumping to conclusions. Personally, I don't think anyone "deserves" to be left money. Many rich people are leaving their kids the bare minimum, so they hold a job and contribute to society. I agree with them. I didn't work my tail off for decades to makes someone else's life easy. 

Many can't earn money and do need assistance that govt and society seem to ignore.  

There are many true charities out there, so why leave it to the state or bank.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Yes, and the poor WILL get some of it. I bought an annuity so it will all go away when I pass. Thanks for being so judgmental. My money and my decision as what to do with it. You seem to think people need to follow YOUR rules when it comes to THEIR money. Doesn't work that way cowboy. Sorry!!

Free speech is allowed. Im allowed to think whatever I want. You are allowed to make silly decisions with no will. 

Just now, KhunLA said:

Many can't earn money and do need assistance that govt and society seem to ignore.  

He is too selfish. Giving it to goverment instead who pay themselves. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

WOW! Another one who wants to decide what I should do with MY money. Incredible.

Just now, bignok said:

Free speech is allowed. Im allowed to think whatever I want. You are allowed to make silly decisions with no will. 

I have a will for the cash in the bank and all my personal belongings but THANK YOU for your opinions. End of conversation on this end but you can continue to ramble if you want.