12 Thais may have been killed in Hamas attack in Israel

webfact

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

quick,  get those Thai's back here safely so they can spend their salary at the market and lottery vendors.

From what the article says they weren't getting paid very much. 50K bath per month for driving trucks around Israel seems like a really rotten deal given all the money that lot have.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Hamas is also the enemy of the Palestinians, just most of them are either too scared, to stupid or maybe brainwashed to acknowledge this fact. Hamas know Israel will retaliate plus some and that wont be good for all, especially the Palestinians of which many just want to get on with life! Probably instigated & assisted by Tehran with other eastern Europe influence! Putin would love to give the allies another headache to take the heat off Russia so he can win the war! 

What a sad sorry disgusting bunch we have become as homosapien's.

Hamas is A Sunni fundamentalist Islamic organisation and it would be unlikely that they operate at the direction of Iran as that country is Shia and supports Hezbollah, a Shia fundamentalist Islamic organisation.

Islam's Sunni-Shia Divide, Explained | HISTORY

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

How can this official say Thailand remains neutral and then advocate a two state solution, the ultimate view of total outsiders? Hamas doesn't want a two state solution, they've shown that over and over. They want one state, with every Jew dead; it's part of their charter. But they may get what they want ironically because Israel now has little choice but to incorporate Gaza as the only path to any sort of security; they can't keep letting this happen over and over. But if Hamas is allowed to survive this, will Thailand want any of its citizens to stay in that area? Is removing them neutral?

If Israel does that, it would be tantamount to declaring war on the entire Arab world, and could be the beginning of the end of Israel as a nation. The extremists Netanyahu has allied himself with are destroying the country. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

Israel's karma

From this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hamas

With its takeover of Gaza after the 1967 war with Egypt, Israel hunted down secular Palestinian Liberation Organization factions, but dropped the previous Egyptian rulers' harsh restrictions against Islamic activists.[16] In fact, Israel for many years tolerated and at times encouraged Islamic activists and groups as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the PLO and its dominant faction, Fatah.[16][17]

The sources [16][17] are a 2009 article in the Wall Street Journal and a 2006 book by Matthew Levitt, forward by Dennis Ross, so should be reliable information.

16 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Hamas is A Sunni fundamentalist Islamic organisation and it would be unlikely that they operate at the direction of Iran as that country is Shia and supports Hezbollah, a Shia fundamentalist Islamic organisation.

Islam's Sunni-Shia Divide, Explained | HISTORY

One thing that unites conservative Muslims, Shia or Sunni, is the increasing settler & extreme Orthodox encroachment on the Temple Mount/Haram al-Sharif in Jerusalem. This link explains the formation of the relationship between Hezbollah and Hamas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hamas

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

How can this official say Thailand remains neutral and then advocate a two state solution, the ultimate view of total outsiders? Hamas doesn't want a two state solution, they've shown that over and over. They want one state, with every Jew dead; it's part of their charter. But they may get what they want ironically because Israel now has little choice but to incorporate Gaza as the only path to any sort of security; they can't keep letting this happen over and over. But if Hamas is allowed to survive this, will Thailand want any of its citizens to stay in that area? Is removing them neutral?

You are completely wrong! Hamas extremists want this! The majority of Palestinians, especially in the West Bank, like much of Israeli society, want a two-state solution! Israel's extremist government does not want a two-state solution. So we have a situation that shows what happens when extremists subjugate a country!

Edited by ujayujay

1 hour ago, Iamloki said:

I am by no stretch of the imagination an authority here... but I think only one book says to kill any who will not convert. I kind of doubt Gaza will get nuked... those on shore breezes would be deadly for Israel - not to mention Israel could not then occupy Gaza...

On the plus side, they wouldn't have to worry about repairing the street lighting...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

RIP.  I am not pro Israel or Palestine but Al Jazeera is calling this attack “The Gaza Israel War”.  Some on the Palestinian side are calling this a “Military Operation”.  Other media outlets are calling it the :”Hamas Israel War. Innocent civilians from many parts of the world have been killed and some have been taken hostage so this might be a new definition of a military operation.  The video of the civilian women being dragged into and out the SUV was hard to watch.  Her hands were bound behind her back and the “soldier” was dragging her by the hair.  

This might last a while and it will get bloodier. If the airspace into Tel Aviv is closed then it will be difficult to get so many out in a timely manner.  At best 200 to 300 at a time can be evacuated per aircraft.  How many large transport aircraft does the RTAF have?  The Thai Government might have to commander a few Thai Airways B777 into service.  I doubt any of the Thai Airways A380’s are in airworthy condition? 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.png

As many as 12 Thais may have been killed in the Hamas attack on Israel, according to Deputy Foreign Minister Jakkaphong Sangmanee in his post on X Sunday night.

Parading around in a captured Israeli vehicle like that is remarkably silly.

One aircraft.

One laser target marker.

One bomb.

Edited by herfiehandbag

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How much would they get paid for the same work in Isaan?

I picked up your antisemitic trope BTW.

Isaan is not Israel. Pretty sad state of affairs if the rich you-know-who's can't pay a proper wage for what turns out to be a very hazardous job. 

As for being "antisemitic", no I'm not anti I just don't believe the propoganda anymore. Both sides in this conflict are hard-headed, full of themselves, unlikeable people and neither side has the moral high ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

RIP.  I am not pro Israel or Palestine but Al Jazeera is calling this attack “The Gaza Israel War”.  Some on the Palestinian side are calling this a “Military Operation”.  Other media outlets are calling it the :”Hamas Israel War. Innocent civilians from many parts of the world have been killed and some have been taken hostage so this might be a new definition of a military operation.  The video of the civilian women being dragged into and out the SUV was hard to watch.  Her hands were bound behind her back and the “soldier” was dragging her by the hair.  

This might last a while and it will get bloodier. If the airspace into Tel Aviv is closed then it will be difficult to get so many out in a timely manner.  At best 200 to 300 at a time can be evacuated per aircraft.  How many large transport aircraft does the RTAF have?  The Thai Government might have to commander a few Thai Airways B777 into service.  I doubt any of the Thai Airways A380’s are in airworthy condition? 

Netanyahu explicitly said this is WAR not a military operation.

It sounded like a snide dig at Putin to me, though likely uintended.

It's definitely the Israel - Hamas war.

Israel wants to eliminate Hamas, not Gaza.

It will definitely be very bloody and it will definitely take quite a long time.

Why?

The hostages.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

No, Islam was created specifically for nefarious ends namely a worldwide caliphate. It doesn't need to be "hijacked" because it is a template for war and the subjugation or death of the kufr. It must be resisted at all costs, If you believe otherwise you are surely deluded.

The only delusional one here is you! Most Muslims I've ever spoken to about this subject matter want peace and for all the Islamic related violence to stop! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

The only delusional one here is you! Most Muslims I've ever spoken to about this subject matter want peace and for all the Islamic related violence to stop! 

That may be true but most Palestinian Arabs want Israel to stop existing. Naturally Israel has a problem with that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Docno said:

No delusion here. I'm an atheist reading the Qur'an for a third time at the moment (with commentary by Robert Spencer, if you know him), so I know very well what it contains. Do you?  It's certainly not a 'religion of peace', but I know many Muslims (most of whom have never read the Quran in a language they understand, much less the hadiths), and they don't have values different from you or I. You have to understand that what believe is different from what can be found in their holy books. Want a template for war and war crimes -- read the Old Testament some time (which is the template for Quran, btw). But you won't find many Jews today advocating the enslavement of war captives, the destruction of whole peoples, etc (all of which is in the OT) 

You're wasting your time on that guy! Trust me! I wouldn't be surprised, if he is Israeli because of his rethoric! Sounds totally brainwashed to me! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1