12 Thais may have been killed in Hamas attack in Israel

webfact

18 hours ago, chrischronic said:

Will the Thais likely be freed, or what is the typical outcome when dealing with Hamas and captured prisoners from non-conflict countries? If they are all executed, what will Thailand do? My other half is highly upset about this and has been focused on YouTube videos of the history of the conflict since the news dropped.

If hamas do what they usually do, they will place the hostages in buildings and fire rockets and/or sniper attacks and leave knowing the Israelis will hit it killing the hostages then take the world press to take photos of what the barbaric Israelis have done.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, champers said:

Surveillance wasn't too hot on Saturday morning. I don't understand how it has improved since then to the extent that Hamas operatives can be identified in a city reduced to rubble by a bombing campaign.

The terrorists may have videoed themselves dispatching the Thai workers. 

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I was surprised to read the number of Thai reported working in Gaza, I assume agriculture like in Israel. Palestinians in Gaza shun farm work despite the unemployment? 

Before the Intifadas, Israel was flooded with Palestinian workers. Then followed security curbs, work permits, quotas on work permits etc. With Hamas getting control of the Gaza Strip, restrictions became even harsher for Palestinians in Gaza wishing to work in Israel. There are (or, after yesterday, were), I think, about 20-30 thousands issued work permits (including traders) in Israel, with most employed in industrial estates near the border passes.

It's not that they do not want to work - Hamas policies and Israel's security concerns are in the way. Thai workers largely became a 'thing' in Israel as a replacement for Palestinians.

On 10/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, animalmagic said:

Hamas is A Sunni fundamentalist Islamic organisation and it would be unlikely that they operate at the direction of Iran as that country is Shia and supports Hezbollah, a Shia fundamentalist Islamic organisation.

Islam's Sunni-Shia Divide, Explained | HISTORY

Yes thats right but Hezbollah have recently been assisting Hamas against a common enemy and will possibly become more involved as time goes forward. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I don't think you understand how dictatorships work. Of course the ordinary person doesn't want war and violence but they'll fall into line pretty quickly once the dictator gives the marching orders.

Why do you think the West is so keen to keep stirring up trouble in the Middle East? Once Islam reaches "critical mass" then it's game over for the normal folk. Just look at Iran where they're killing young women for not observing the "peaceful" imposition of wearing a black bag over their head in the hot sun.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. If you really believe that the average moslem is all for suicide attacks, bombings, hackins and slayings then you're absolutely delusional because it's them who pay the biggest price for it because they're the ones who get the dirty and suspicious looks out in public on a daily basis. They want peace and just go about their daily lives just like anyone else! Islam is not a bad religion per se, but just like any other religion it can be used maliciously. Just look at what went down in Ireland a few decades ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. If you really believe that the average moslem is all for suicide attacks, bombings, hackins and slayings then you're absolutely delusional because it's them who pay the biggest price for it because they're the ones who get the dirty and suspicious looks out in public on a daily basis. They want peace and just go about their daily lives just like anyone else! Islam is not a bad religion per se, but just like any other religion it can be used maliciously. Just look at what went down in Ireland a few decades ago. 

Maybe you need to familiarise yourself a little more with Islam before making these comments, whilst there are many good Muslim people as there are Christians, Budahists etc Islam has a rather nasty twist to its ideals which so often become apparent!

8 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Maybe you need to familiarise yourself a little more with Islam before making these comments, whilst there are many good Muslim people as there are Christians, Budahists etc Islam has a rather nasty twist to its ideals which so often become apparent!

I'm very familiar with the subject matter! Yeah, it's public knowledge that the  Quran can be twisted to justify atrocities, but so can the Bible. You might wanna look into that. It's quite surprising who should die or get stoned or whipped or get an eye for an eye according to the old testatement! By the way, Islam is based on Christianity. They have much more in common than most people think! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

I'm very familiar with the subject matter! Yeah, it's public knowledge that the  Quran can be twisted to justify atrocities, but so can the Bible. You might wanna look into that. It's quite surprising who should die or get stoned or whipped or get an eye for an eye according to the old testatement! By the way, Islam is based on Christianity. They have much more in common than most people think! 

Ah, yes, the bane of international Jewish terrorism....Or maybe not so much?

17 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

When it comes to religion anything can be construed! I am an atheist so no axe to grind for any faith! Take a look at most terrorist organisations and tell me what there faith is? As I said Islam has a rather satanic twist to it, remember non islam believers are infidels! 

19 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

When it comes to religion anything can be construed! I am an atheist so no axe to grind for any faith! Take a look at most terrorist organisations and tell me what there faith is? As I said Islam has a rather satanic twist to it, remember non islam believers are infidels! 

I'm an atheist, too. If you look at recent history it might seem that Islam is the most evil one because they commit the most attacks, but if you look at past centuries, you'll find that Christianity has more than enough skeletons in its closet. Inquisition, witch burning, burning down entire cities, raping and killing all in the name of the Lord. Look at the IRA in Ireland. Now one could argue that this is centuries in the past for the most part, but then again, a large part of the Middle East still lives like we did centuries ago. They live very primitive lives and education is essentially non-existent. These people are very easy to manipulate and are used by very evil people who twist Islam to get them to commit their evil deeds for them. But it's not the religion itself that is bad. It's bad people abusing it for their evil purposes. 

It's like saying guns are evil, when in reality it's the people who pull the triggers who are evil! 

Edited by pacovl46

I did not read ALL of the 6 pages.

Just read the first couple of posts and fast forwarded...

I am surprised at the number of Laughing emojis and a couple of sarcastic posts.

(where as we observe a vast amount of sad and confused emojis on the joke threads)

The post title says "12 Thais may have been killed in Hamas attack in Israel".

Does it under any circumstance qualify for fun and smart Alec sarcasm?

Sadly, the human species is going down very fast...

Just my 2 ¢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2023 at 2:30 PM, Jingthing said:

That may be true but most Palestinian Arabs want Israel to stop existing. Naturally Israel has a problem with that.

Most Palestinians no doubt realize that Israel is here to stay. The question is whether they will have some justice whether by a viable independent state or by the end of apartheid in an Israel encompassing the West Bank and Gaza.

Ironically all the turmoil this year over changes in the "Basic Law" has totally ignored the plight of Arab citizens of Israel, not to mention Palestinians in the West Bank beset by settlers. It was a tragic mistake when Israel's founders chose not to create a constitution and to give control of fundamental civil matters over to Orthodox authorities. Now everyone is paying the price.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, crazykopite said:

New York has 1,000s of Jewish residents in its community dare I say it might well be the largest community outside of Israel 

There were more before a bunch moved to settlements on the West Bank.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ToolKit said:

That was the birthplace of Judaism if I am not mistaken.

The Second Temple was demolished by the Romans in 70AD, after an uprising. The birthplace of Judaism is somewhere around the Graden of Eden, I guess.

19 hours ago, ToolKit said:

The status quo was sought after by Palestinian rulers because it filled in their big pockets. They had plenty opportunities at various Camp David sessions to have a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as capital but they rejected everything, all the time. At Khartoum conference, ALL Arab states rejected  Israel's offer to return all territories for a global peace treaty. Learn history.

Someplace I have a study by William Quandt of the 2000 Camp David negociations. On the bottom line the offer to Arafat was a Swiss cheese state, i.e. bantustans between the settlements, significant areas continuing under Israeli control. Clinton promised Arafat not to blame him for the talks failure, then reneged on his promise. 

15 hours ago, nightfox said:

There is no capturing and extradition when it comes to coward terrorist's who kidnap infants and the elderly. A bullet to the head of the scumbags seems like a more reasonable outcome.

Extrajudicial execution of journalists is another IDF practice. Shireen Abu Akleh RIP.

14 hours ago, Johpa said:

I am not surprised by the number of Thais killed or taken hostage given the large number of Thais who work in Israel in the agricultural sector, especially on the Kibbutzim.

As for the bigger picture, my own humble and worthless opinion is that both sides have long been, and still are, in the wrong.  Pick a side and now you are now in the wrong as well.  I highly doubt that a two state solution is viable only because the West Bank is simply not large enough to be a viable independent nation-state.  A better solution, again in my worthless opinion, would to be to merge both the left bank and Gaza back into Jordan.  Jordan is a "Palestinian" state as the people on both sides of the Jordan River share identical language and culture.  Gaza could become the Mediterranean port for Jordan and with UN and Israeli financing the building of that port could employ many an unemployed Gazan and offer some hope to the Gazans.  Unless the global community seeks out an alternative solution to the long standing horror of living in Gaza, dating back to the Egyptian occupation decades ago, the suffering on both sides will not end.

It's an interesting solution, especially since Palestinians comprise around 70% of Jordan's population anyway. They fled there after the 67 war. The original Jordanians are culturally distinct from Palestinians.

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

And executing innocent civilians including, women and children is an Hamas practice....You must have been a big fan of Isis.

Their attack plan was so brilliant, yet this massacre of civilians threw away any sympathy they could have gained. How pathetic.

ISIS was/is something else - not only all the killing, but intentional destruction of Iraq's and Syria's cultural heritage.

5 minutes ago, placnx said:

Their attack plan was so brilliant, yet this massacre of civilians threw away any sympathy they could have gained. How pathetic.

ISIS was/is something else - not only all the killing, but intentional destruction of Iraq's and Syria's cultural heritage.

Yes, your right, how pathetic your supporting terrorist scum like Hamas who have no remorse for humane life and obviously doesn't give two _____ about their people. Keep justifying them like Isis as something else...lol, what about the Nazi's, what's your excuse . 

Israel are renowned for taking decisive military action against any and all perceived threats to its sovereignty or citizens, what did Hamas expect to happen? Ok they encroached onto Israeli territory caused panic and devastation for a few hours but what kind of victory have they achieved. All that is going to happen is condemnation from the rest of the world, and either the total destruction of Gazza or its occupation and annexation by Israel, and they can do it with the rest of the world thinking that Hamas brought it upon themselves  

• Thumbs Up 1