Every Hamas member is a dead man, Netanyahu says

Social Media

25 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I would think it would be worth a try to attempt to subdue Hamas and the Palestinians, by simply stopping all land encroachment on their territory, and allowing them freedom of water, food, medicine, fishing rights, and a chance to lead a peaceful life.

But that's the optimist in me.

Israel does not 'encroach' on any Hamas controlled territory (ie the Gaza Strip).

The Gaza Strip was not always under blockade - this gradually became a thing due to Hamas actions and agenda. Each time the blockade is eased, or even with each reconstruction period post-fighting, Hamas finds ways to restock it's rocket storage, dig more tunnels (but not bomb shelters for the general populace).

They had a chance for a fresh start when Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip. They squandered it.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, impulse said:

You've just described asymmetric warfare.  But I'd revise your statement to read "the big guys follow the rules, the little guys can't afford to".   History will decide who the good guys are, after all the killing is done.

BTW, that's how Israel won statehood.  Bombing and terrorism, until the Brits gave up and went home.  But I say that not intending to open that line of discussion.  That's history and we're discussing current events.

Thank you impulse.

Not only historical facts but existential insight from you.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Haha 1

Perhaps I digress ... but it seems to me the next few words from me are apropo of all the conflicts of mankind.

An awareness came to me, perhaps from the collective conscious Jung spoke of.

I thought of the words of Lennon in that haunting, yet childlike simple song 'Imagine'.

Imagine if we took the resources, the trillions of dollars, the waste of humane life, of nature, of all that could be achieved in our human struggle (journey) if we were to redirect, into a world free of wars, that money and all the human energy and time that goes along with it towards the uplifting of all humanity equally, and thus the planet and the fragile ecosystem we all share. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

ute Netanyahu's bold declaration is unfortunately taintedy escape with the inevitable mass deaths of non Hamas members . The instruction/ advice given to refugees to depart Gaza has been contradicted  by the bombing and closure of the of the border crossing into Egypt.

At this moment at least the expected ground invasion is on hold. Maybe because the level of less than totally sympathetic international  response has not been in Netanyahu's favor?

Inside Gaza are a significant number of long term humanitarian personnel who even now are providing some sanctuary for children in places like UN schools.

Israel undoubtedly has the military capacity to bomb Gaza into  dust using the proliferate US supplied weaponry and the stock piles of US maintained munitions.

Of  course that dust would contain the  blood and guts of  many  genuinely innocents.

Israel undeniably has the right to defend itself. It  does not have the right to retaliate in  kind to the extremist actions of the Hamas radicals.

From news reports it seems Biden has copied similar fiction as GW Bush Jnr. did when  he (Bush) claimed he had seen the video of the first plane hit the Twin Towers. There was no such video available if ever. Biden made a statement that he has seen confirmed  images / video of  butchered infants. This is apparently based on emotional hearsay IDF statements but in reality not at all confirmed.

Such distortions are a sad component of modern "warfare". Global media distribution of images with intent to distort reality under the guise of genuine "intelligence" but in reality propaganda is not at all exclusive to the "badGuys". More often than not  the "badguys" lack the influence  with  msm to counter the proliferate output from monopolistic dictators.

A moment of consideration should perhaps be given to the fact that the  assault on Israel  with  missiles has not been a one day  flash in the pan event as has often been reported in historic events.

A mass invasion by IDF  would/will face totally  unknown resistance.

If Hamas has achieved the capacity  to unleash thousands of missiles who knows  what resources they possess to counter  troops?

Interestingly it has been claimed that the arms  taken from defeated Hamas fighters are of US  origin. Further to that claim is to path of origin? Ukraine features in such question.

It is at this point I would suggest that there is  very little difference between the ideology of  extremist factions regardless of religion that are often utilized, manipulated, dictated.

The outcome is most often not the winners perse'.

It is so often the "compensated".

Has/is  Israel about to divest the remnants of it's compensation?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Israel has has lots of internal political problems. Perhaps Mr Netanyahu should not be in power now, but I don't think it will take too long. The US is not happy with him, but still supports Israel, not Mr Netanyahu. The question is do you really think Mossad was not warned about this attack ?  

Edited by The Theory
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Israel has has lots of internal political problems. Perhaps Mr Netanyahu should not be in power now, but I don't think it will take too long. The US is not happy with him, but still supports Israel, not Mr Netanyahu. The question is do you really think Mossad was not warned about this attack ?  

Mossad wouldn't have much to do with it. That's not their part of the intelligence picture.

There were, reportedly, warnings from Egypt, and some signs which weren't correctly interpreted. Hamas managed a good campaign hiding this - they had a lot of experience being a target for surveillance, must have learned how to deal with it over the years.

• Like 1