Flash Express denies allegations of staff exodus and warehouse crisis

webfact

image.jpeg

Flash Express, a prominent delivery firm, has refuted allegations of widespread employee resignations and troubling working conditions. The company confirms it’s addressing issues of package backlogs in some branches, but denies an overall warehouse crisis.

Flash Express clarifies that any staff resignations are isolated incidents and not a nationwide phenomenon.

Today, Flash Express issued a formal statement in response to the negative news circulating on social media platforms.

The company, which ranks among the top couriers in the market, prides itself on delivering top-notch service at competitive prices. Over its five-year operation, the company has consistently strived to maintain a high standard of service to inspire customer confidence despite varying market conditions.

In its statement, Flash Express acknowledged an increase in package volume, resulting from its partnerships with e-commerce platforms, online shops, and general customers. The rise has led to package backlogs in some branches, but the company insists it doesn’t equate to a warehouse crisis. To manage the situation, they are urgently hiring more staff to clear and deliver packages to customers promptly.

by Nattapong Westwood

Photo: brandinside.asia

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

COD is not a good idea.

You have to sign and pay before opening the parcel.  If it’s not what you ordered, good luck in getting your money back, because it’s not held by a trusted source, who needs you as a customer, it’s held by an intermediary.

There is also a scam going round, where you sign and pay for the item only to find it’s a house brick, and let’s say you ordered it from Lazada, Lazada will tell you that you didn’t buy any products through their platform, and Lazada is correct, you have just been scammed. 
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

This kind of pressure is created by the huge online shopping behemoths like Shopee

Suddenly there's a shift in business from one courier to another and they have double the business they had the week before - with the same number of staff.

I've seen it here in Hua Hin, which is a smaller place and they do seem to be handling it at the moment

However about a month ago franchises of J&T seemed to get at least partially ditched by Shopee, one of the alternatives is Flash.

Growing a company too fast often ends badly.

Worst delivery company I have ever encountered.

Their warehouse is only 3 turns from my house, yet they have never delivered a parcel to my place. Each and every parcel I have to go pick up at the warehouse.

I follow the tracking online, and at a certain point it will show " recepient rescheduled delivery", however they never called.

When I then look at the flash website it will show a 10 second phone call was made. How can anyone answer and reschedule in 10 seconds?

The following days it will be the same, until I go pick up, and then they will have to search the floor to find the parcel.

I once had to return a 65" LCD because of slight damage. Flash picked it up and literally threw it in the back of the pickup.

They then delivered to the wrong address, and it took them 3 days to correct the issue. When it arrived at the sellers warehouse it was completely destroyed.

Another time, in November last year, I had a return of an item. As of today the item is still listed as pending pick up.

After much complaints Lazada has refunded me in July this year.

A seller from who I bought frequently on Lazada, his orders always Flash was selected, with all consequences. Seller has no option to select the logistics, so I started ordering from him through Shopee, as then it would be delivered by Shopee express.

Since this week Shopee has switched to Flash, with 2 deliveries due. I have informed them already.

damage return.jpeg

Edited by BenStark

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Ditto (minus Isaan )

Never had a problem getting C.O.D. money back on faulty or wrong goods when using Lazada.

There is a scam going around where the seller never ships your order through Lazada’s system and sends you a house brick direct.  Ultimately Lazada cancels your order, Lazada quite rightly says you never ordered through their platform and can’t help with a refund.

On another occasion, I got a free washer dryer because Flash lost the item but delivered to me later. Lazada told me to keep it.

I only buy through Lazada and from my experience it's up to the vendor to determine which logistics company they use.

I've had items delivered by some guy on a bike with side car from a  company I've never heard of??

Edit:- In saying that the service was acceptable.

Edited by bdenner
To add

Back in the day i use to work for FEDERAL EXP, Ups, Dhl and Many many freight companies ,as a delivery driver!

As a employee , it was a rat race to the cheese!

Hurry Hurry and not fast enough !

What took you so long!

Permission to stop for lunch Sir!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, bdenner said:

I only buy through Lazada and from my experience it's up to the vendor to determine which logistics company they use.

I've had items delivered by some guy on a bike with side car from a  company I've never heard of??

Edit:- In saying that the service was acceptable.

I have sold through Lazada, they don’t give me a choice of which company to ship through, they do give me the address of the buyer, which I think is a mistake as it enables COD scams.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, bdenner said:

Had nothing but GREAT service from Flash out here in the rice paddies of Isaan, normally 2 days (ex Bangkok) from online purchase to delivery at my front door.

AND as above I ONLY use COD. No COD option, then it's off to another vendor.

Tha's  total nonsense.  We  have had at least  one delivery  a day,  for the last 6 or 7 years, all prepaid as  we a appreciate the delivery flexibility. And guess what? ZERO issues.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ben Zioner said:

Tha's  total nonsense.  We  have had at least  one delivery  a day,  for the last 6 or 7 years, all prepaid as  we a appreciate the delivery flexibility. And guess what? ZERO issues.

Me too, although not as regular as you. My Mrs only likes COD as she thinks it ensures fast delivery and the correct items.... myself, I too like the flexibility, and not having to find the right money for a guy in a hurry, or be pressed into a round up tip.. cheap, yes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here in Nonthaburi I haven't had any issues with any delivery services, all of them deliver without issue, and the only missed shipment (Lazada - delivered to wrong address) was quickly fixed the next day. I've always prepaid, and never had an issue, probably a thousand shipments in the last 7 years.

On 10/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, JBChiangRai said:

COD is not a good idea.

You have to sign and pay before opening the parcel.  If it’s not what you ordered, good luck in getting your money back, because it’s not held by a trusted source, who needs you as a customer, it’s held by an intermediary.

There is also a scam going round, where you sign and pay for the item only to find it’s a house brick, and let’s say you ordered it from Lazada, Lazada will tell you that you didn’t buy any products through their platform, and Lazada is correct, you have just been scammed. 

Exactly, the contents of the parcel is nothing to do with this article, the deliveries or flash express. I am always confused by posters who distrust paying for goods - I always pay for the goods, I always receive the goods, maybe a day or two later than I expect from some carriers, but that's nothing to do with the vendor. It's due to bad logistics management. If there is an issue with the quality of the goods I always get a refund, that's nothing to with carrier.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Me too, although not as regular as you. My Mrs only likes COD as she thinks it ensures fast delivery and the correct items.... myself, I too like the flexibility, and not having to find the right money for a guy in a hurry, or be pressed into a round up tip.. cheap, yes!

Forgot to  say that I  have a long  list of suppliers, all  flawless:

Lazada,

Shoppee,

Ikea,

Powerbuy,

Jib,

Advice,

Wine Now,

Banana IT,

Apple store,

Homepro,

Best pump,

Bankok Drugstore,

Pulse clinic

And a few more, sorry for not naming them.