What are you having for Dinner tonight?

bob smith

49 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Get a Load of this bad boy!!!

IMG_0007.jpeg

Many years ago , I used to , in the cooler months of Dec/Jan/Feb train for Spring Marathons (London & Boston) up in a remote part of Loei Province , near Chiang Khan.

Once a Week I used to drive in to Udon Thani , about 140km, away , mainly for a fry up just like this at Irish Clock Hotel and a supply of 2nd hand books from FuzzyKen's bookshop , Nice Photo???? 

Edited by a3tsw
inaccurate information supplied
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, marin said:

Rustic pork stew, been cooking slowly since 11am. Pork butt, pearl onions, baby potatoes, green beans and carrots. Nice crusty loaf of sourdough and a green salad to go with it. Looks like lots of leftovers to freeze up.

IMG_20210314_164656.jpg

The stew looks great but serving it with a green salad?

That dish is crying out for some buttery mashed potatoes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bob smith said:

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

not sure I agree with that.

I could actually survive OK on a sandwich for lunch cheese, tuna and mayo  + glass of milk,                                                  'dinner'  2 big Leo followed by a different sandwich, and a plain yogurt with a chopped banana init.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'Finally tried out the legendary Vegan place, Aum, down a deep alley just outside of CM Old City.

Old wood house, totally packed out. 100% tourists. Def in my top 3 Vegan CM places to date.

Had:

Tempura pumpkin

Burmese tea leaf salad

Tofu Jungle Curry

Green Curry fried purple rice

MInt Lassi (so hard to find)

Watermelon Shake (520 baht all in)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Prubangboy said:

'Finally tried out the legendary Vegan place, Aum, down a deep alley just outside of CM Old City.

Old wood house, totally packed out. 100% tourists. Def in my top 3 Vegan CM places to date.

Had:

Tempura pumpkin

Burmese tea leaf salad

Tofu Jungle Curry

Green Curry fried purple rice

MInt Lassi (so hard to find)

Watermelon Shake (520 baht all in)

Sounds different! Hope you enjoyed it mate 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

lets see them mouth watering food photos then!!

Happy Sunday folks 

No photos yet, but a 'Friend' said he might have a 'spit roast' tonight and asked if I'd like to join him. :unsure::whistling::giggle: your wife is invited. :cheesy:          :sorry:

Edited by brianthainess

24 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Thanks, Khao Soi was my favourite regular dish when I lived in Lanna. I will be enjoying it again during a return trip to Chiang Mai this coming November - delicious!

Mae Sai Khao Soi is the undisputed, Youtube'd to death option. Go at 11:30. At noon, there's a line.

I also like Khao Soi Nimman, which has the full Lanna menu, done very well. Tons of Japanese Instagrammers at this very pretty, fern-drenched place (with a/c).

For Vegan Khao Soi, Goodsouls in the old city -actually, that's my face Khao Soi of any description in CM.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

The stew looks great but serving it with a green salad?

That dish is crying out for some buttery mashed potatoes.

On top of the new potatoes that are in the stew? Long slow cook on those so creamy. Sourdough buttered up with both the salad and the stew all the way. 

17 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I know mate. I wonder how many calories are on that plate!

That's why this type of breakfast is strongly associated with those who work in the building trades or do hard graft like digging ditches or spreading tarmac , as the high calorific content provides the needed energy for carrying out those tasks..