Where should I go next?

bignok

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Over the weekend I went to the Phu Langka Resort which was right on the Phayao-Nan border. Lovely quiet place with views for miles. Mist in the mornings and cool temps in the low 20s. Certainly will be going back later and exploring more.

image.thumb.jpeg.02e27edfee2c2c7cb3970bf9824838d8.jpeg

Nice

Just now, PJ71 said:

I've been on bike trips up here a few times, it's nice although accomodation is a bit sparse, unless you like tents.

yeah so there were lots of resorts in this one little mountain top but after that it was very sparse indeed. We traveled from CM to Phu Lanka, which was about 6 hours and then we stayed in Phayao one night on the way back just to break it up. Next time will stay there again and go on to Nan to find the next rest stop. 

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

yeah so there were lots of resorts in this one little mountain top but after that it was very sparse indeed. We traveled from CM to Phu Lanka, which was about 6 hours and then we stayed in Phayao one night on the way back just to break it up. Next time will stay there again and go on to Nan to find the next rest stop. 

Phayao i also like.

Lovely to sit and have a few beers by the lake on a evening - very nice.

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Phayao is a dump

I can see that but the lake is very nice and the valley itself has tons of great views but it's extremely rural unless that's your thing.

Today on the way back home I stopped up at this temple deep back in the forest and it has a really great view of the lake and city. Extremely pretty with steep and narrow winding roads. Worth checking out if you're ever passing by.

image.thumb.png.26228175b072c590571f662539a1c1d6.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

I can see that but the lake is very nice and the valley itself has tons of great views but it's extremely rural unless that's your thing.

Today on the way back home I stopped up at this temple deep back in the forest and it has a really great view of the lake and city. Extremely pretty with steep and narrow winding roads. Worth checking out if you're ever passing by.

image.thumb.png.26228175b072c590571f662539a1c1d6.png

Yeah i went to the mountain temple. Nice. 

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

Yeah i went to the mountain temple. Nice. 

In fact I have a story about it. So here's a crappy picture of the gates from Google during March when it's all dried out but today it was lush green and beautiful. Everything covered in moss including the road.

Some absolute bunch of morons parked their truck right at the apex of that hill right in the middle of the road. The road is extremely steep and you can't stop on it but we are able to just barely slip our car into the woods on the side of the road until they came out and left.

I went walking in deeper with my dog to look for them but when I came back they were just getting into their truck and driving off before I wasn't able to run quick enough to ask them what the hell they were thinking. Sadly my wife was in the car and she didn't have the good sense to yell at them either. <deleted> idiots almost got us in trouble and all because they were too stupid and lazy to park properly. Only in Thailand.

image.png

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 8.19.44 PM.png