Sourpuss Waitresses.

bob smith

Thais are perfect and never do anything wrong, so of course she was upset at your not accepting Thainess.

I remember having lunch with my wife and her brother. He and I both ordered the same thing. One meal came and I let him start. Mine came only after he had finished. We asked the waitress why they could not have been delivered together and she burst into tears.

You have to accept that many Thais act like petulant children, something they picked up at three years old and will never grow out of. That is also Thainess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:52 AM, Will B Good said:

Let me guess..... Fitzgerald's on BKK soi 4?

Haha there is one waitress in there who quite literally despises everyone who walks through the door. She literally snarls at customers. It's hilarious. 

On 10/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, bob smith said:

well I never

the bloody cheek

eggs well done??

whatever next..

then when she came back she literally threw the plate at me and almost spilt my tea all over me

she then started the obligatory bad mouthing me to her buddies in Thai..

Nothing compared to what the chef did on your egg... 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:55 AM, VocalNeal said:

Now known in that establishment as "Mr. Complain"🤔

Maybe going into competition with that new place that that bolshy cretni Gordon Ramsey's opening there. I learned early on that in this country, the customer isn't always right.

Edited by jesimps

On 10/19/2023 at 12:03 PM, ChipButty said:

I always ask for scrambled eggs, fried eggs either not done or all burnt around the edges, 

But for me scrambled eggs nearly always come overcooked and rubbery. So I go with the fried whether not done enough or burnt round the edges

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try imagining what it's like to have to put up with moaning farangs like you that don't bother specifying how they like their eggs and then demanding they get cooked again.

If I was that waitress I'd have poured the tea over you and rubbed the eggs in your hair.

I guess you never had a English Breakfast in Thailand or if you did it must have been at a really lousy joint. You don't tell them how you like your fried eggs done units unless your want something other than the standard which is two eggs, sunny side up as our cousin's across the pond call it.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

The waitress was correct in what she said. Eggs in an english breakfast are SUPPOSED to be runny/soft cooked YOU should have been more specific with your order.

Our Bob said the eggs were 'very runny' ie. not cooked to the standard you described. I've had loads of English breakfasts here in Thailand and have never had to specify exactly how the fried eggs should be cooked, they were cooked spot-on for the most part.

Presumably that's because the gaffer has trained his cooks properly and hangs around to ensure consistent quality. 

You'd also expect that the wait staff would be trained on how to deal with issues like this as no cook is perfect and everyone can have a bad day. 

Too bad that defamation laws prevent the OP from naming the establishment so that we can see for ourselves how the place is run. We could go en masse and really wind this waitress up! 😂

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

No, but maybe I should’ve..

Maybe she was waiting for you to give her your phone number Bob and got upset when you didn't. Perhaps she wanted a small tip for the breakfast service and a big tip later (according to you) from the hansum falang with the shiny Lolex.

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

you should tell that to the waitress who served me yesterday!

I didn't call her a sourpuss for nothing.

She could give a ghost a fright!

You should have showed her your rolex Bob 

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

I agree.

It's beyond pathetic. 

How they even manage to get through life is beyond me.

I'd love to see you deal with life if you started in the same place average Thais do with the same life options. Hell you had a huge leg up over them for options and look at the mess you've become

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 12:29 PM, bob smith said:

Adapt with politeness? 

how long have you been here? You sound like you’ve just got off the boat or are on a 2 week holiday..

Your logic is baffling to me.

your wife’s not a waitress is she? 😂

All the years I’ve been here, I’ve never experienced a rude vender or service employee. Though I’ve seen many raspy foreigners here get an appropriate reciprocal response by the locals. I’m sure the response you got was a well deserved reciprocation of your general demeanor😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, swm59nj said:

The attitude is nothing unusual.  Most service staff in the LOS are not very customer friendly 

If part of their salary relied on tips like in the States they might be more attentive.

in the U.K. most hospitality staff go on training courses when working in hospitality and have a vocational qualification.

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I often find here that Thai people can be very intuitive and very responsive to the attitude that you're projecting. If I walk in with a smile on my face and a pleasant demeanor and treat them nicely, that's usually what I get back. I don't find very many Thai waitresses rude at all, I get that in the states a lot but not in Thailand. I often find them to be very pleasant. 

So, perhaps it is a mere reflection? 

Agree with that 100%. Gosh, this is getting to be a habit, LOL.

They have a tough job putting up with arrogant farangs that treat them like <deleted> and working for a pittance.

It's a wonder to me that they are not all spitting at farangs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, ChipButty said:

I always ask for scrambled eggs, fried eggs either not done or all burnt around the edges, 

I actually like the crispy edges, different to what we grew up with. Each to their own. But then, they have no idea on how to cook a decent rasher of bacon 55