Ear Buds.

NoshowJones

I have posted about this before, am I the only poster who cannot keep earbuds in my ear? I have three sets and they have all fallen out of my ears from time to time.

Now this time one fell out and landed on the tiled floor and broke. Is it possible to replace one earbud, or do I have to replace the full set?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a similar problem but found on Lazada some memory foam replacements which have solved my fitting problem. 
My wife lost one of hers a couple of years ago and was able to order just one replacement, make sure that you know if it’s the left or right one though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Superglue works a treat...never a problem again 👍

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:sorry:

I know you are trying to be funny but maybe your idea may work as the earbud is still working although it's in two parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I have sent for it Thanks.

Sorry....I didn't have time to add any commentary. You will have seen that these are 'bone conduction' and the speaker sits just outside the ear.

I haven't had chance to make great use of mine yet, but they seem effective - and comfortable.

• Like 1

People around you can get annoyed if you have those bone conduction earphones when you play your music loud as they can hear it too.

Try something like this. Never falls out. Oh, and this particular one is probably fake as mi doesn't manufacture this afaik. 

image.png.6b29e425567a04ee64e8b7efb4a3251e.png

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 6:13 AM, gargamon said:

People around you can get annoyed if you have those bone conduction earphones when you play your music loud as they can hear it too.

Try something like this. Never falls out. Oh, and this particular one is probably fake as mi doesn't manufacture this afaik. 

Beats make some that are a similar design.

image.thumb.png.94936ada86ae2705b047f015dd01951a.png

On 10/22/2023 at 12:08 PM, NoshowJones said:

Is it possible to replace one earbud

Of course, you can. It is required by international treaty that every manufacturer allows it. The bad news is that it cost the same as buying a new pair. The good news is that you get a free spare with every order just in case it happens again 😉

Edited by Wuvu2

Hearing aid wearers have been dealing with this problem for years... and solving it.

Go to a hearing aid shop and ask for 'sports retainers' for your devices. They are silicon strips that curl around inside the outer ear shell, locking the device into the ear canal.

(The retainers shown here are still straight because they are unused. Normally they would be curled into a 'c' configuration following the shape of your ear) You can see them attached to the bottoms of the hearing aids in the picture. 

They even hold my hearing aids in place putting on and taking off my motorcycle helmet.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:18 PM, Purdey said:

I have the same problem, which is why I only use wired earphones. Why would you keep replacing them?

Same for me, wired or wireless buds both. The slot in my ear is wider than most people's I found years ago.

I just buy wired headsets with ear clips at 7 and replace them every two years. I only use them for infrequent telephone calls, so no real problem.

Anything with batteries, i.e. almost everything these days, is eventually an expensive headache.

Don't even get me started on electric vehicles. At my age I hope to never buy one.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2023 at 8:13 PM, gargamon said:

looks quite an attractive option. can you provide a link? and yes, I do hear reports about fake electronic products on Lazada. Its reliable seller of ''soft'' products, like shoes, vitamins for my dogs. Ive just bought a Kingston product and the advice i got from a learned friend is, in order to avoid fake electronic products, is to buy on Lazada (i) from the genuine/official store, not the ''mall' and (ii) if it says ''warranty by vendor'' - run. 

8 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Same for me, wired or wireless buds both. The slot in my ear is wider than most people's I found years ago.

I just buy wired headsets with ear clips at 7 and replace them every two years. I only use them for infrequent telephone calls, so no real problem.

Anything with batteries, i.e. almost everything these days, is eventually an expensive headache.

Don't even get me started on electric vehicles. At my age I hope to never buy one.

Agreed, about (some) electric cars.  Scottish friend bought a Tesla, left it parked overnight at home.. came back and the battery was dead - due to rain water damage, according to Tesla. Not covered by warranty. new system is costing him 20+k quid.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Hearing aid wearers have been dealing with this problem for years... and solving it.

Go to a hearing aid shop and ask for 'sports retainers' for your devices. They are silicon strips that curl around inside the outer ear shell, locking the device into the ear canal.

(The retainers shown here are still straight because they are unused. Normally they would be curled into a 'c' configuration following the shape of your ear) You can see them attached to the bottoms of the hearing aids in the picture. 

They even hold my hearing aids in place putting on and taking off my motorcycle helmet.

Could contain:

Could contain:

thanks !! I am in the market for buds and soon, for a hearing aid (my wife says I never listen to her).

2 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

Of course, you can. It is required by international treaty that every manufacturer allows it. The bad news is that it cost the same as buying a new pair. The good news is that you get a free spare with every order just in case it happens again 😉

One poster was being funny saying I should use superglue, but I did and it is fine now but who knows for how long. I assume I will have to contact the earbud manufactor which is Nubwo.

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:
  4 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

One poster was being funny saying I should use superglue, but I did and it is fine now but who knows for how long. I assume I will have to contact the earbud manufactor which is Nubwo.

Such a tragedy to see well-crafted sarcasm gone to waste 😉 

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2023 at 12:28 PM, hotandsticky said:

i bought this from Lazada, cannot get it to work, no instructions. the + - button will not move. The other button just alternates between red and blue when you switch it on, and yes, I have tried to charge it, but it makes no difference.

34 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

i bought this from Lazada, cannot get it to work, no instructions. the + - button will not move. The other button just alternates between red and blue when you switch it on, and yes, I have tried to charge it, but it makes no difference.

The cheap copies of Bluetooth headsets with mic are not very good. You need a good brand like plantronics. I just use wired now.

• Like 2