Dan discusses his Pattaya Bargirl relationship and advises others to not do the same.

Goat

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

vloggers choose pattaya because other locations don't get views on a monetized channel

I think Dan was in Pattaya before vlogging was a thing.

Interesting to hear from Dan why he ended up in Pattaya of all places in Thailand as a 30 year old.

Must have been love.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Thats right Peter. It just keeps happening.

What I found interesting about Dan Cheeseman's relationship with his Pattaya bargirl was that he was living here and in his early 30s. I can understand an elderly expat or a younger two week millionaire, but a young fella in his prime. Living in Thailand?

Dan dicusses older fellas falling for them when advising against it, and quite strongly.

But i think the vast majority of farangs who move here in their 30s avoid bar prostitutes like the plague.

Firstly because especially at that age you shouldnt be paying for sex, that is just pitiful. And he says that the reason that he thinks fellas do end up in love with prostitutes is because of pity which I thought was a bit ironic.

Secondly because there are literally tens of thousands of hot single available friendly girls in Thailand. Why would you even waste time with a hooker? Why did Dan choose Pattaya of all places? Not a place where the younger crowd gravitate to. Back twenty years ago Koh Samui, Tao, Phangnan were the places to be for the younger crowd.

Was Dan sponsoring his Pattaya hooker full time? Or did he let her work and he just shared. He said it was a longer term relationship and he mentions "taking care" of extended family so I assume he was paying her not to work.

So Dan's 'fell in love with a Pattaya prostitute" story isnt the usual "middle aged and got divorced in UK and found love in a Pattaya Bar"

With a second name of Cheeseman, what do you expect?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BarraMarra said:

With a second name of Cheeseman, what do you expect?

He cant help that.

But he really should lay off the botox, especially as a vlogger. The expressionless face makes it hard to now if he is angry, happy or being sarcastic.

I suspect he is getting it done at a  Pattaya "clinic" by an untrained "doctor".

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Goat said:

I think Dan was in Pattaya before vlogging was a thing.

Interesting to hear from Dan why he ended up in Pattaya of all places in Thailand as a 30 year old.

I ended up in Thailand in my early 30s (after a long holiday there). Pattaya was the place I lived at for the first year. It had to be there, or Phuket, but Pattaya was way more fun back then.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Doubtful trans....wishful thinking more likely 🤣

Well yeh, I have had visions of him as a Quasimodo double, sitting in a field in Auss, on his iPhone, tending and servicing a herd of "stunning" sheep, though I don't understand why he chose Goat over Ram, but that might just be a cover..................... 😘

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rumak said:

I have always suggested that the older a man gets he should make adjustments to the age of the ladies he is selecting.

Most important to consider is that the older the lady the slower they walk to the ATM . 

I'm sure its a pain trying to keep up with the younger ones.

They just take the scooter to the ATM!  I agree with your first suggestion.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Well you have been here 40 years, and still fooling around in girlie bars, so I don't think you're in a position to talk about anyone's choice, you should stick to what you are used too, which from your posts, I don't think we want to hear about..........😯

Yes we live in the same country but have had different experiences.

I came here firstly as a kid, you after your UK wife divorced you.

You settled down with the first lady you met here and moved to Ubon to take care of her and her children. I have been through a couple of hundred and as such have seen a lot more.

I am fluent in Thai, you havent got there yet.

Keep trying mate, it aint rocket surgery. Even the 3 year old Thai kids can do it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I ended up in Thailand in my early 30s (after a long holiday there). Pattaya was the place I lived at for the first year. It had to be there, or Phuket, but Pattaya was way more fun back then.

Ok, did you do what Dan did and fall for a Pattaya prostitute?

Or did you find normal girls like you would have if you were still in your home country?

Would Dan have dated a prostitute back in England? Unlikely. It is weird how some people do that in Thailand. Self esteem issues?

• Confused 2

Despite the derision expressed here, the vast majority of "romances" with bar girls end poorly.

I differentiate between bargirls with an ATM and those with real boyfriends (most of those are young hansum men). If the lady is supported by a sponsor, then she is fair game. Most such bargirls have zero reservations about having relations with customers, or Thai men.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Good advice.

I think you previously said you also met your gf in the adult entertainment industry?

What did you think about Dan's advice.

I don't have a problem with Dan's advice, except to say not all bar girls are bad. I spent some time in bars, and there were some who were in it as gold-diggers, others who were looking for a longer-term relationship. Dan may be right in asserting a pity element.

My GF's support requirements are modest, and her honesty has passed the tests of it with flying colours.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1