Whats the meaning of life?

bignok

To continue waking up every morning with a boner and smile, then tap the wife on the shoulder and hope that it's going to be another great start to another great day, for without a boner and an accommodating wife, life is over, that is the true meaning of life, I say 😜  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

It's the same as asking if god exists.

nobody knows, so people invent gods.

and nobody knows what they're meant to be doing with their lives, so people make things up.

like for instance, controlling other people.

ever encounter a control freak? they're bringing meaning to their life by controlling YOU. 

edit: they removed the Location thingy. aseannow no longer cares where you're located. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ravip said:

There are two schools of thought around Life purpose/passion.

1. One says pursuing what you love, made famous by Steve Jobs.
  2. The other says “Follow your passion is flawed and can be harmful — leading to frequent job/career changes and anxiety/angst,” said by Cal Newport.

Somewhere in between should be ok.

My father worked for 40 years in a job he hated. It made me determined to work in something I enjoyed, and I did.

If I could, I would still be working, albeit part-time. Corporations are dumb when they pass on years of experience, after investing in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

It's the same as asking if god exists.

nobody knows, so people invent gods.

and nobody knows what they're meant to be doing with their lives, so people make things up.

like for instance, controlling other people.

ever encounter a control freak? they're bringing meaning to their life by controlling YOU. 

edit: they removed the Location thingy. aseannow no longer cares where you're located. 

Control freaks are insecure

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Life means take care of it. That means your life, not others. Stop that daily booze. Quite smooking. Avoid over use of hookers in massage parlours and unprotected oral. Eat at home regularly. Stop stuffing yourself with those snaks, beers and sandwiches at the heya-mate sports bar. Exercise as often as you can. Avoid toxic people (that would mean most of the bitter, sour farangs). Stay away from Dr Qwack who will prescribe antibiotics just for the common cold. And once again, get rid of all those people around who are sour and bitter...which could mean even people like meself !!!

Edited by Sigmund
  • Love It 1

There's no cosmic meaning unless you believe in tales (religion). The Earth and life on it have a finite duration. Everything of human value/meaning to individuals and Societies will vanish.

You can however generate terrestrial meaning in your life, in the sense that your life can have meaning for other people and vice versa. However this form of meaning ("you give me some meaning I give you some") has something circular about it and is weak. It features strongly in today's popular culture and has a high virtue-signalling coefficient.

People who want to sound educated often come up with concepts from biology, like "DNA replication" etc. There's no meaning or purpose to be derived from such technicalities. They just say how life operates.

Question: "why did DNA multiply on Earth"?

Answer: "because it could".

Meaninglessness is central to Life, not meaning.

Edited by JackGats

Passing on genes, in a narrow sense and a broad sense, is my best guess; your concious self is just a bewildered passenger on its brief journey from an awakening awareness to oblivion. You can, of course choose to ascribe other meaning but, assuming there's no God, it really has no foundation and melts away into nothingness upon detailed examination. There's a lot to be said for living your life in blissful ignorance rather than torturing yourself with these metaphysical speculations that lead nowhere, though, I suppose you could argue they are a pleasant diversion, if not taken too seriously.

12 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Life means take care of it. That means your life, not others. Stop that daily booze. Quite smooking. Avoid over use of hookers in massage parlours and unprotected oral. Eat at home regularly. Stop stuffing yourself with those snaks, beers and sandwiches at the heya-mate sports bar. Exercise as often as you can. Avoid toxic people (that would mean most of the bitter, sour farangs). Stay away from Dr Qwack who will prescribe antibiotics just for the common cold. And once again, get rid of all those people around who are sour and bitter...which could mean even people like meself !!!

Without massages and booze? Gee thats half a life

• Haha 1

Camus asserts that life has meaning when we live it well and make the most of our limited time on earth. He says that our lives have meaning when we are true to ourselves, take responsibility for our actions, and make the most of our time. Camus emphasizes that we should live our lives with purpose and meaning in mind.