savannakhet now require bank statement (400k) for 1 year multi visa (non-O marriage or Thai family)

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Here we go, "I've got more money than you"!

Have no clue about that. What I know, is that I can live up the the requirements without worries or the need for shortcuts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If you will be traveling regularly, negating the need for re-entry permits can more than cover the extra cost of the multiple entry visa.

Won't I need the re-entry permits anyway? I had a 90 day non-immigrant B visa for 5 years based on what i had a wp and I could choose if I wanted to make re-entry every time before leaving the country or to pay for multiple re-entry that costs 3800thb.

I still don't understand what are the advantages of possessing one year non-immigrant O over 90 days non-immigrant O visa if a wp is issued based on each as both of them are getting extended based on the wp anyway.

Just now, WebGuy said:

I still don't understand what are the advantages of possessing one year non-immigrant O over 90 days non-immigrant O visa if a wp is issued based on each as both of them are getting extended based on the wp anyway.

Your permission to stay is not extended based on a work permit, though a work permit is one of the requirements for an extension of stay based on working. The work permit simply allows you legally to work. If you have a multiple entry visa, you have no absolute need for either extensions or re-entry permits (they are optional). If you have an extension, but also an unexpired Non O visa (based on Thai spouse) you have the option of either returning on the visa (fresh 90-day permission to stay) or buying a re-entry permit and returning on that (keeping the same expiry date for your permission to stay).

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you have a multiple entry visa, you have no absolute need for either extensions or re-entry permits (they are optional.

Thank you but I am still confused. Let's try to understand by usin an example.

The current visa i have is one year non-immigrant O marriage visa and the date of expiry is 31st October 2024. I should have my WP issued on 8th November 2023 and it will be valid until 7th November 2024.

Regarding extensions, let's say my employer wants me to work minimum next 5 years for his company. What am I doing next year before my visa expiration date? Don't I get an extension based on my employment? 

Regarding leaving Thailand for business trips and coming back multiple times during the next year, are you saying I don't need to get the re-entry permit from the immigration every time before I leave Thailand and pay them 1000 thb or pay at once for a multiple re-entry valid for one year but I just come and go?

34 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

Regarding extensions, let's say my employer wants me to work minimum next 5 years for his company. What am I doing next year before my visa expiration date? Don't I get an extension based on my employment? 

You can either acquire a new multiple entry visa, and continue doing 90-day border bounces; or you can apply for an extension of your permission to stay. The extension of your permission to stay can either be based on working; or can be based on Thai spouse. In the former case, apart from the work permit, you will also need a minimum salary from your Thai employment to qualify for the extension. For an extension based on Thai spouse, the requirements for the extension are different. The requirements for multiple entry Non O and multiple entry Non B visas are again different. A multiple entry Non B visa is usually difficult to get unless you are a director of the company. If you want to continue to use multiple entry visas, a fresh multiple entry Non O based on Thai spouse will probably be best.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WebGuy said:

Thank you but I am still confused.

On that we agree 😮

Let's try it one more time slowly AND let's leave the work permit out of it completely 😕 because a work permit doesn't let you STAY in thailand it lets you WORK in thailand when you have the correct VISA or extension of stay from a visa..
So if you're married to a thai, there are two paths to take

Y
ou either
1 - get a 90 day Non-O visa THEN a year extension based on marriage from the IMMIGRATION OFFICE in thailand by meeting the proof of funds, etc. On this year extension you do not have to leave the country, if you're in country for 90 days you file a 90 day report (for free) at the immigration office AND if you want to exit/re-enter thailand you BUY a re-entry permit at either the airport when you fly out or at the immigration office where you got your extension issued.   
OR
2 - you find a consulate that will issue a year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage, (by meeting what ever requirements the consulate you're buying it from HAS) This visa is good for a year from the date it's issued, it's good for unlimited entries during the validity and every entry gets you stamped in for 90 days. When that 90 days is up you go to the border, stamp out of thailand, stamp in-n-out of another country and right back into thailand. You do that for the whole year the visa is valid for and you can stay 15 months (in 90 day increments) on a visa that lasts a year (you can actually stay 17 months if you get the 2 month "visit thai family" extension on the last entry you make on the visa.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just a quick follow up to the topic at hand

It appears that the thai consulate in Savannakhet is not at all concerned about any seasoning of the funds. You can show the funds just hit your account and they'll accept it. It also appears they will accept either a thai bank account in your name only OR a foreign bank account with the equivalent of 400K baht in it as well. They will also take financial proof that's a day or so old.. So you can update your thai bank book before you go and it'll be accepted.

There is abso-tively, posi-lutely NO ISSUE at all getting a 90 day single entry Non-O based on marriage or raising thai children without any proof of funds. So if people can't show proof of funds, get the 90 day single entry, then once you're here take the 60 day visit thai family extension at your immigration office for 1900baht for a total of 5 months stay. It's better than nothing 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, vinny41 said:

This thread was started 10 days ago on October 24th so anyone before October 23rd would have received a ME non-o without any financials

I know - I was planning to travel on the night of the 25th, to renew on the 26th!

"Child of unmarried fornicating parents"!

14 hours ago, sunchaser said:

A cynical person may think this is a plan to get more people to use agents.

14 hours ago, transam said:

Doubt it, it's the consulate that may suffer financially over this........🤔

Of course, there may be agents in the Mukdahen/Savannaahket area who either have or are even now formulating close links with the consulate!

On 11/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, WebGuy said:

Guys, the latest report from Savannakhet:

I submitted the documentation for non-immigrant O visa based on marriage today at 9:15am. I also provided my child's birth certificate and copy of tabian ban as well as KR2 paper and it was taken by the immigration officer.

When I said I would like to apply for one year non-immigrant O visa, she immediately said I needed financial requirements proved. She accepted the copies of my bank book and also had a detailed look at my original bank book.

That was all. The money wasn't seasoned but was transfered to my bank account yesterday.

I think I should receive my visa tomorrow and I not, I will inform you here.

Why would you provide a copy of your Childs birth certificate if you're applying for a marriage visa? Doesn't make sense. 

41 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

If now applying for the Visa based on being married to a Thai....

If now you HAVE to show 400K in a Thai Bank.....

What is the advantage today of going to Savannakhet?

Why not just rock up at Thai Immigration as you still require 400K in the Thai Bank account??

1.  The funds do not have to be in a Thai bank.  They can be in a foreign account.  It appears no seasoning of funds required.

2.  The paperwork required at Savannakhet is minimal whereas if you apply in country the paperwork is voluminous.

3.  No under consideration period or home visit.

4.  No re-entry permits or ninety day reports required.

Doubtless there are other benefits but those are off the top of my head.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

You can either acquire a new multiple entry visa, and continue doing 90-day border bounces; or you can apply for an extension of your permission to stay. The extension of your permission to stay can either be based on working; or can be based on Thai spouse. In the former case, apart from the work permit, you will also need a minimum salary from your Thai employment to qualify for the extension. For an extension based on Thai spouse, the requirements for the extension are different. The requirements for multiple entry Non O and multiple entry Non B visas are again different. A multiple entry Non B visa is usually difficult to get unless you are a director of the company. If you want to continue to use multiple entry visas, a fresh multiple entry Non O based on Thai spouse will probably be best.

I found it very easy to get non-B multiple entry visas until a few years ago. I was getting them from a consulate in Australia using a non-Australian passport. However, as I no longer travel to Australia very often and they've tightened the criteria to get one, I no longer get my visas that way. 

That being said, the last time I got a non-B multi, my application had to be approved by Canberra and this occurred within 2 days. Whether they're still doing it this way I don't know.

During that same year I got married and subsequently started going to Savannakhet. 

13 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Can you provide a link that states " officially, a non resident cannot hold a Thai bank account."

as many Thai banks do offer bank accounts to non residents and Thai nationals that work overseas are classed as non resident 

Thai banks don't distinguish between resident and non-resident Thais. They distinguish between Thais and foreigners. Non-resident foreigners can still get an account in some cases. Thais, no matter where they live can apply for a bank account with no questions asked, because they're Thai.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:05 PM, megapix said:

Another report from Facebook group says that you need to season the money for 3 months. 

Not sure if this is in case of overseas account or Thai one. Waiting for answer.

Could contain:

3 months of statements doesn't mean 3 months of seasoning. You could place the money in there the day before applying.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Well done Gotty, having a pop at those "Considerable poorer than you".......😂

You really are a class act...........😆

I bet I'm not far wrong with below, just for a laugh though Gotty..

He says he earns 500k baht per month from legitimate sources. Bow before his greatness, peasant!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Wow! That was much at the same time. The bottom line is not if it´s wise or not to have 400k in a Thai bank. The fact is that it is the requirement as Savannakhet is no longer an option for the penniless. As I have said many times. Moving abroad is not for everyone, and it seems like more will learn that the hard way.

I am not penniless, I earn more than the Prime minister of Thailand (excluding brown envelopes, just his base salary) each and every month.

The difficulty is I also own a house that I am paying for, student loans, a car, a family etc. This means I don't have 11,000 USD to put in a bank for two to three months. I easily meet the monthly requirements, but they make it so damn difficult to prove. The IO could see how much money I make, but he said the problem is that I can't prove where the funds originated from. I could be zig-zagging funds from within Thailand. 

Why is it that foreign women do not need to show any proof of funds?

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Forget Gotty, he is floating around in his own weee bubble oblivious to other folks lives in LOS.........😏

Maybe I should start a new thread and ask for how monthly financials can be done. I don't think it can be done because my bank can't show that the payments originated from outside Thailand, is this right?

I'm hoping that I'll get a multi entry visa, open a new account with Kbank or Bangkok bank and send the transfers to the new accounts that show it as a foreign transaction over the next year. Then I can finally do a yearly extension in TH next year.

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Maybe I should start a new thread and ask for how monthly financials can be done. I don't think it can be done because my bank can't show that the payments originated from outside Thailand, is this right?

By law, all transfers into your account are supposed to be traceable back to their original source (money laundering prevention). Have you tried going to your bank and asking for the credit advice document associated with one of the transfers? You may be surprised at all the information it contains.

That aside, most immigration offices will accept statements from your overseas bank showing the transfers, matched with the receipts into your Thai account. Some officials can be a-holes, but most will accept reasonable proof.

4 hours ago, Madgee said:

Yup ....Sums me up in a nutshell.
I enjoy my 'white fluffy clouds' as opposed to the 'dark clouds' I left behind 15 years ago. When I go to meet my maker I'll have a smile on my face knowing that I've enjoyed my later years and not been a slave to money ..... Unlike some who just keep spouting on about it.😁

I have an acquaintance who is totally dependent on his Sav. Visa (marriage) to remain in Thailand with his wife and 2 kiddies. Nothing will change for him, I'll put 400k in a bank account for him for a couple of days, no big deal. He has spent most of his savings providing for his family and ensuring a good education for his kids, I'm not going to see him split from his family. Before anyone comments about trust issues, easy enough to have a hidden dual signature on a bankbook with no cards or Internet banking attached!

You are a Prince , to do that for 

a considered mate!

10 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I am not penniless, I earn more than the Prime minister of Thailand (excluding brown envelopes, just his base salary) each and every month.

The difficulty is I also own a house that I am paying for, student loans, a car, a family etc. This means I don't have 11,000 USD to put in a bank for two to three months. I easily meet the monthly requirements, but they make it so damn difficult to prove. The IO could see how much money I make, but he said the problem is that I can't prove where the funds originated from. I could be zig-zagging funds from within Thailand. 

Why is it that foreign women do not need to show any proof of funds?

So, if you have problem with meeting the requirements and can´t show origin of your funds. Then there are 2 options. You did not plan well enough, or you have shady income that you do not pay tax for or can show openly.

10 hours ago, transam said:

Forget Gotty, he is floating around in his own weee bubble oblivious to other folks lives in LOS.........😏

Not at all oblivious! Just feel the need to inform of things that should be natural to check before moving to another country. can it be that I hear some worries that you might not be able to meet the requirements anymore. Well, soon they will close the agent option as well. Bye bye to many that have lived in a bubble.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, FARANG KIWI said:

If now applying for the Visa based on being married to a Thai....

If now you HAVE to show 400K in a Thai Bank.....

What is the advantage today of going to Savannakhet?

Why not just rock up at Thai Immigration as you still require 400K in the Thai Bank account??

No advantage at all. Exactly as it should be. 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Well, soon they will close the agent option as well. Bye bye to many that have lived in a bubble.

That has been predicted for a very long time. And by many an "expert".

Don't get me wrong, it could happen, but where do you get the confidence from that it WILL happen SOON?

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No advantage at all. Exactly as it should be. 🙂 

The advantages are ( if you have the funds in a bank account )

1. the much less amount of paperwork needed.

2. how quick to process - no under consideration BS

3. no visits to your house

I will continue to visit Savankhett annually.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1