Thaksin Had Four Shoulder Incisions: Paetongtarn

webfact

Thaksin and this and that and he needs to be in hospital for this and that reason...

Is there maybe one investigative journalist in Thailand who is able to find and publish a couple of statistics from inmates? Like:

How many of them are considered seriously ill so that they have to be treated in a hospital?

How long do they stay in average and maximum in hospital?

How much money is spent on the treatment of the prisoners?

Do they get same, worse or better treatment when they are inmates compared to ordinary Thais who work and pay for social security?

Just publishing this information should give us all an idea if Thaksin is just one of those sick prisoners who get great medical care or if he is the exception. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thaksin and this and that and he needs to be in hospital for this and that reason...

Is there maybe one investigative journalist in Thailand who is able to find and publish a couple of statistics from inmates? Like:

How many of them are considered seriously ill so that they have to be treated in a hospital?

Do they get same, worse or better treatment when they are inmates compared to ordinary Thais who work and pay for social security?

Just publishing this information should give us all an idea if Thaksin is just one of those sick prisoners who get great medical care or if he is the exception. 

And those that do get sent to hospitals outside of the jail, how many are 'living' in rotal suites at the police or any other hospitals?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm calling BS.  As I posted yesterday, the earlier procedure, and the latest one, were to pierce his ears, specifically those wonderful lobes that were just made to sport wonderful diamond sparklers.  He's not fooling anyone by posting a pre-pierced ears photo--there's a Christmas tree in the background, for heaven's sake! 

I once again consulted--no charge to any of you for my time--with his superstar ear-piercing surgeon to the stars and he assures me he should be fully recovered and out of hospital by no later than February, or possibly even earlier depending on how certain 'get out of jail free' cards are dealt, which can so often help a patient psychologically and contribute to an extra speedy recovery after traumatic surgery such as this--and under the knife not once but twice!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So you get your statistics and they show that seriously ill inmates sometimes get special treatment and you will say, "I told you so."

or

You get your statistics and they show that seriously ill inmates hardly ever get special treatment and you will say, "I told you so."

What difference does it make if the former PM is or isn't getting preferential treatment? This is STILL Thailand, and it doesn't matter.

Seriously, there's a whole lot of other stuff that can impact my life and that of my family and none of it is remotely connected to this former PM or any of them.

24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So you get your statistics and they show that seriously ill inmates sometimes get special treatment and you will say, "I told you so."

or

You get your statistics and they show that seriously ill inmates hardly ever get special treatment and you will say, "I told you so."

What difference does it make if the former PM is or isn't getting preferential treatment? This is STILL Thailand, and it doesn't matter.

Seriously, there's a whole lot of other stuff that can impact my life and that of my family and none of it is remotely connected to this former PM or any of them.

I have a little hope, just a little, that if such journalists would exist in Thailand, and if they would publish information like that, that then more people would ask why things happen the way they happen.

I am pretty sure now, mostly through social media, there is already more exposed than years ago. Some politicians and influential people still get away with it. But others, also high up, go to jail. And for me it seems like more is exposed and more people, who used to be untouchable, go to jail.

So there is hope that things will get better. 

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a little hope, just a little, that if such journalists would exist in Thailand, and if they would publish information like that, that then more people would ask why things happen the way they happen.

I am pretty sure now, mostly through social media, there is already more exposed than years ago. Some politicians and influential people still get away with it. But others, also high up, go to jail. And for me it seems like more is exposed and more people, who used to be untouchable, go to jail.

So there is hope that things will get better. 

Journalism... in Thailand? I thought the papers wrote what they were told to write....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Just released from Neurosurgical ICU for a few ‘shoulder incisions’. They wouldn’t be playing this up for any reason, would they? For all we know, he had his eyes tested. 

They could not pry the wallet from his hand so loosened the shoulder muscles🙄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Anything to keep the knowitall-but-can't-do-nothing-about-it farangs beating their gums!

And yet you couldn't resist beating your gums too. 

For the record, I think you mean "flapping your gums".

It's a discussion forum. Do we need to explain what that means?

• Thanks 1