No Need for 90 day's reporting ?

Find out yesterday, October 24 when I was going to do my 90 day's reporting to Immigration, I was told by the officer that there was no need for that , due to I'm under consideration for extension of my marriage visa. So that went very smooth but also little confusing, has anyone else experienced that ? I did the application September 29 and current extension expire November 2 and I was asked to come back December 2 

25 minutes ago, spetersen said:

I was told by the officer that there was no need for that

At my IO, they stick your passport in the scanner, print out a paper, and that's it. 5 minutes max.

I save myself those 5 minutes now by doing it online. Sent on Monday afternoon, receipt back at 09.15 Tuesday morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

Some offices do the 90 day report when someone does an extension. 

In reality 90 day reports have nothing to do with extensions. 

Looks like from the OP's user profile that it's the dreaded Jomtien office in his case!

My immigration office (Rayong) reset my 90-day reporting clock when I last sought a retirement extension there, but kindly omitted to tell me that they had done this. I only found out after an online report based on the previous due date was rejected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

Some offices do the 90 day report when someone does an extension. 

Mueang Surin (Surin City)

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Looks like from the OP's user profile that it's the dreaded Jomtien office in his case!

My immigration office (Rayong) reset my 90-day reporting clock when I last sought a retirement extension there, but kindly omitted to tell me that they had done this. I only found out after an online report based on the previous due date was rejected.

Thanks for letting me know , we just moved to Surin, and I have forgotten to change Location. Meant Surin it was...

15 hours ago, OJAS said:

Nothing has changed it has always been reset when you do your extension. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

In Phuket office when I go for an extension, if it's within a week or so of my 90 days reporting (or even passed a few days), she does the 90 day as well, and stick a new paper slip at the back of passport for it, she also always tells me that she has done it..., nice touch...! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spetersen said:

Find out yesterday, October 24 when I was going to do my 90 day's reporting to Immigration, I was told by the officer that there was no need for that , due to I'm under consideration for extension of my marriage visa. So that went very smooth but also little confusing, has anyone else experienced that ? I did the application September 29 and current extension expire November 2 and I was asked to come back December 2 

I think that may be wrong, back in July I applied for my marriage visa ext'n and like you got the 30 day under consideration date. When I returned on the date in August they said the paperwork had not been completed.

At this time my 90 days report was due, they did this at the immigration office and told me to return the following week for the visa stamp.

Technically your 90-day report is an address check and nothing to do with your visa?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, arick said:

When you go to do your extension that counts as reporting for 90 days. So you won't not go until 90 days after your extension visit weather waiting for it or not . 

That is not really true.  90 day reporting is totally separate from extending your permission to stay.  At most offices you will end up paying a fine for late reporting if you assume an extension resets the 90 day report.  Although people report some offices doing a 90 day report for them when they extend.

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, arick said:

When you go to do your extension that counts as reporting for 90 days. So you won't not go until 90 days after your extension visit weather waiting for it or not . 

No.

Perhaps in your immigration office but no so at places such as CW 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is not strictly true. If you enter the country on a 90 visa and go to extend that visa for 12 months the 90 day report will be due at the same time.

The first 12 month extension on a new 90 day visa is taken as a 90 day report. Done it several times. I got caught out one time. My wife went to collect passport with extension stamp and she asked and was told in 90 days, should have been told 90 days from date of application.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, arick said:

He he, Down here the 90 day reporting has Nothing to do with ones Extension 

For the last 12 years the 2  dates from  90 day reporting and the Extension  dates were never together and Never reset or done at the same day the closest one I had was 3 weeks apart past my extension due date.

On 10/25/2023 at 3:03 PM, spetersen said:

So that went very smooth but also little confusing, has anyone else experienced that ?

Yes, this happened to me with my last marriage extension, I too was confused and as someone has mentioned above, the 90 days has nothing to do with the extension, so carry on, they will give you a new 90 day extension when you pick up your stamp in your passport.

The above said, my extension is due on the 2nd December and my marriage extension is due on the 31st January, when I apply for the 90 days online it will only go up to the 31st January and I won't be getting another one until I pick up my stamp, usually around 1 March, so I will be without my usual 90 day reporting paper till then, but in the event of any dramas, anyone can contact my immigration office and they will sort it.

5 hours ago, arick said:

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Not universally true... at least not true in Chiang Mai IO

It's not the case in Hat Yai either.

Depending on the local immigration office. At some immigration offices the 90-days report period restarts from zero when doing an annual extension – "my" office do that – whilst by other immigration offices the 90-day periods are counted from original entry date, independent from the extension of stay.

Edited by khunPer
typo

2 hours ago, arick said:

Then I suggest you report them and make a complaint. 

Yeah right.

Renewing my 1 year marriage extension this year the wife had to go and make a TM30 report because I'd recently travelled to Bangkok, the law changed recently and it's now supposed to be unnecessary, the response when I raised this was "this is Songkhla not Bangkok" - no arguing with that really - well you might try, but it will do you no favours.

The 90 day report isn't really an issue, if you know what applies in Hat Yai - Songkhla you won't have a problem, and a 'complaint' will likely elicit the same response  "this is Songkhla not Bangkok" .

As with many inconsistencies in Thailand, you're better off saving your breath and simply adapting. 

Edited by Stocky

On 10/26/2023 at 7:18 AM, observer90210 said:

Different office, different officer at the counter = different rules (that can naturally get re-invented tomorrow).

Yep, sums up Rayong's attitude towards resetting 90-day reporting clocks at annual extension of stay time perfectly in my experience. Happens some years but not in others. Depends on the particular officer you deal with, as you say - plus, crucially IMHO, which side of the bed they had got out of that morning.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 3:55 PM, spetersen said:

Thanks for letting me know , we just moved to Surin, and I have forgotten to change Location. Meant Surin it was...

Hopefully you haven't forgotten to let Surin have a completed TM30, though!🙄