Are the 90 day online reports taking longer to approve?

giddyup

I remember when I first started using online reporting (2 years ago) I had approval within a couple of hours, then always within the same day. Now it's been 4 days since I submitted my report and it's still pending. Is it because more people are using the online method?

Over 2 years or so I've been doing 90 day online reporting reporting with Jomtien IO, like you it was fast in the past, 24 hours or less, now I'm averaging 4 business days. I'd guess it's because more & more people are using the online method.

• Thumbs Up 1

For my last 2 it was 4 days for each, then this one I did my marriage extension and it was due 2 days after I submitted and they just took it out of my passport and said dont worry and after the over a month wait with the extension I got that approval and a new 90 day in my passport. This was Buri Ram.

I always do in person as it's my time to get out, listen to music and drive to Jontien alone, hand over PP and in 20 minutes leave and have breakfast..This week arrived and was handed a TM-47 form, fill this out and bring copies of PP page, latest visa, ..where is a pen? over there.. (FYI Over there is next building).. and 3 pens and only one had ink..Then to the photo copy place and back to 90 day desk...Yea looks like online will be the future... and I've been doing this and living in same place for 3 years....I was ok sitting under tent and not having to supply more paperwork....one step forward and 3 steps back

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, yankyoakum said:

I always do in person as it's my time to get out, listen to music and drive to Jontien alone, hand over PP and in 20 minutes leave and have breakfast..This week arrived and was handed a TM-47 form, fill this out and bring copies of PP page, latest visa, ..where is a pen? over there.. (FYI Over there is next building).. and 3 pens and only one had ink..Then to the photo copy place and back to 90 day desk...Yea looks like online will be the future... and I've been doing this and living in same place for 3 years....I was ok sitting under tent and not having to supply more paperwork....one step forward and 3 steps back

Take a pen next time! I must admit to getting annoyed when people ask to borrow a pen in  there, where did they think they were going... for a beer! I have been hearing  a lot of comments that turning up just with the passport isn't enough these days, and more paperwork is being asked for.

Doesn't seem long since there was talk of getting rid of the TM47 reporting!

19 hours ago, bbko said:

Over 2 years or so I've been doing 90 day online reporting reporting with Jomtien IO, like you it was fast in the past, 24 hours or less, now I'm averaging 4 business days. I'd guess it's because more & more people are using the online method.

The one I did in April was so quick it had to have been automated. Acknowledgement at 14.07 and approval at  14.09.

Website submission ref. Reference Number: TM47-20-20230404140735969

I did my first online in 2015 and  that was a couple of days but in recent years it has generally been within a couple of hours.

38 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Always one hour,but I use BOI office in Chonburi

It wouldn't matter where the submission was made, the primary key on a TM47 submission is the passport number.

I live in Mueang Chonburi and it is normally about an hour, other than what I said in previous post.

That may have been a trial and an indication of things to come.

I don't know if this will be the case for others (hopefully not) but I just got my email notification from Immigration that my 90-day due date was coming up.  I noticed that the due date was not 90 days from my last due date but 90 days from the time I submitted my last online application to notify the kingdom of intent to stay longer than 90 days.  So effectively my 90 day period has shrunk, and will continue to shrink to 75-76 days unless Immigration fixes or reverses this policy.  Not a big deal as long as online reporting works but disingenuous. 

Regarding online appointments is anyone else having issues with the new site?  It now requires us to confirm our email with a OTP code before selecting an appointment date and time.  I've tried two email addresses, different domains multiple times over the last 24 hours and each time nothing is sent (yes I checked junk/spam).

• Thumbs Up 1

I also had to fill out that paper when I did my 90 day report this week...I have no idea what it was for?...

Will this be a once-year thing or will that paper have to be filled out every time a 90 day report is done?....

I am confused..

20 hours ago, lelapin said:

Do you live in the immigration office?

People tell me how they do these things quickly, they usually have a Jomtien condo! I am out by the driving licence place and it is a bit of a drag to get to immigration....I always used to drive past and down soi Watbun, and onto 2nd Rd, (avoiding messy old Threppasit).. I hear that is not possible now.