Thai tourism bodies urge government to rebuild confidence with Chinese tourists

webfact

It's not the government which can provide tourist safety; and not even the police can do that fully. Accidents, disasters and crime are happen all over the world; and you can't fully prevent it. Scams are going on for centuries in Thailand, and the operator which are now complain are never learn and change. Tourism are shifting all the time and there is NO guarantee this will last forever 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) and the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) called on the government to restore confidence in Chinese tourists via mainland tour agents, emphasising that this approach can guarantee tourist safety.

Guarantee their safety ? One got shot and killed the other week, there are kidnappings , robberies, etc. Talk about bull of a guarantee with a gun heavy nation out of control just as a girl talks to a man !

Better idea would be to send any killer or robber of Chinese to China to sentence 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Part of the problem for Thailand is the Chinese tourists that are coming here at the moment are more of the younger independent travellers as opposed to the perhaps older generation tour groups. The youngsters are tech savvy, so while the Thai govt has teamed up with several large Chinese media corporations to try and control / (sugar coat ?) the narrative, I doubt it's going to stop the reality of people's holiday experiences getting out there via other social media channels. 

Judging by the Chinese arrival numbers to Oct 22nd mentioned the other day they must be seriously worried that their easing of visa restrictions is having little to no impact so far in the lead up to a crucial few months.

I know of one flight that was cancelled Friday evening from Shanghai to Phuket somebody I know was booked on it, the reason I don't know yet, if they will get here today im not sure, 

Is this an admission that visa free for the Chinese tourists hasn't worked out as expected,well I'll be blowed who would have thought it. 

Thailand don't you think it time to start looking after your foreigners on retirement visas before they up and leave and you loose their lucrative income.  

Edited by Hardcastle P
Delete a word
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

With PM Srettha applauding the 24 hour Chiang Mai Airport operating hours,

the myopic PM fails to realize that Burning Season will start soon and the

runways will become invisible.  That and the arriving passengers will see all

the pollution while on descent and take the next flight out.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1