Chinese woman cycles 4,000 kilometres to Thailand from China to train Muay Thai

snoop1130

394821204_877243467102542_5897255656108627333_n.jpg

A Chinese woman went viral on the Chinese social media platform Weibo when she embarked on a journey of cycling 4,000 kilometres from China to Thailand to train with famous Muay Thai boxer Sombat “Buakaw” Banchamek.

Muay Thai has captured the imagination of others outside of Thailand recently, as highlighted in the case of a teenager in the United States.

The teenage American boy announced on his Instagram account, @reed_harringron23, that he would undertake a task suggested by one of his followers, once his follower count hit the magic 200,000 mark.

The teenage boy successfully hit the target and the follower, who received the most likes for a suggested task, asked him to learn Muay Thai in Thailand, win a competition in the Land of Smiles and return to the US to compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

Muay Thai idol Buakaw commented on the boy’s post and offered to take care of him during his training in Thailand. The boy is now raising funds for his tickets to Thailand.

Following the viral challenge, a 33 year old Chinese woman, Li Zhenxiang, took to social media to announce her commitment to Muay Thai training.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ Banchamek Gym (Buakaw Banchamek, บัวขาว บัญชาเมฆ)

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bobbin said:

Oh man..

The leg kicks this girl is going to be able to deliver!

I was thinking the opposite... keyboard warriors.

Wait till they get in the ring and have the cr*p kicked out of them, they'll re-think their future options.

• Like 1

"I will undoubtedly encounter challenges due to weather conditions, language barriers, different lifestyles and intensive training." 

Somebody obviously hasn't told her about the death traps. AKA roads. Good luck with that one, love. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i wish i could agree. just like koreans, they used to be disciplined and hard working... 30 years old and up still are, but the new generation is turning into mush. i used to tutor koreans and over the years i witnessed them becoming less and less disciplined and the parents wanted the kids to have fun, just like thais do. now i tutor chinese kids and the same attitude is starting to kill their drive. however, this lady is an example of what remains of what used to be a very hard working people

Well then let's hope for them that they will get some wisdom elsewhere then on Tik Tok,  once they reach the 30+ group.

And let's hope for us, that they never do 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

she embarked on a journey of cycling 4,000 kilometres from China to Thailand

Li revealed that she planned to spend 40 days cycling from Muanyang City in Sichuan province to Chaing Mai province in northern Thailand

But that's less than 2,500 km.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I was thinking the opposite... keyboard warriors.

Wait till they get in the ring and have the cr*p kicked out of them, they'll re-think their future options.

That is not how it works,that would kill the sport.

57 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Muay Thai is just a fake sport.  Slow telegraphed kicks.  So many rules you can barely move.  The slightest contact and the fight is stopped.  They wouldn't last a second in western boxing.

So why do so many western boxers, MMA boxers want to learn Muay Thai?

10 hours ago, bfc1980 said:

"I will undoubtedly encounter challenges due to weather conditions, language barriers, different lifestyles and intensive training." 

Somebody obviously hasn't told her about the death traps. AKA roads. Good luck with that one, love. 

I was thinking the same thing, there are several instances of professional bikers being killed on Thai roads. I would warn her against ever riding a bicycle on Thai roads, unless she has a death wish!

On 10/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, Chris Daley said:

Muay Thai is just a fake sport.  Slow telegraphed kicks.  So many rules you can barely move.  The slightest contact and the fight is stopped.  They wouldn't last a second in western boxing.

Are you an expert in Muay Thai?