Are you guys aware our governments give us free money according to Thais?

Scouse123

They're right in a way.

It depends on where you're from.

In Australia, you can qualify for the Old Age Pension regardless of whether you've worked.

Also, a few Thai's I spoke to couldn't believe the amount you can get on unemployment benefits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patman30 said:

As i said
"it has been paid for"

we all pay at some point or another.......VAT

You are perfectly free to believe that the VAT paid by professional scroungers comes close to a lifetime of NI and income tax, plus VAT.

Social security benefits come from income tax so if you have never paid income tax they are effectively free.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are perfectly free to believe that the VAT paid by professional scroungers comes close to a lifetime of NI and income tax, plus VAT.

Social security benefits come from income tax so if you have never paid income tax they are effectively free.

i never said it was
but your statement said "those that NEVER pay"
you were not specific to a single tax.
i was also not referring to "benefits" i said "anything"

another 🤡 on the ignore list

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you get free money from the government and you pay VAT, you just get less money from the government. You still pay nothing as you havened earned anything.

i never said the receiver of funds have paid
i said "it has been paid for"

my ignore list getting full of 🤡

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

In the UK we get one of the lowest pensions in the western world and are one of the world's biggest aid donors.

In Asia, you are not accustomed to putting money into the country, nor paying tax and VAT or corporation tax, inheritance tax, wealth tax,  etc

We only take a bit back for what we have put in, most of you guys in Asia put nothing in.

Three members of my family never made 60 years old and paid in from 16 years old.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

What percentage of your wages are paid in to government pension fund compared to other European countries? When I had a German gf and used to visit regularly she used to say that a big percentage of her salary went into tax and social benefits. 

And she also had a private pension, I think the German government pension goes on what you've actually paid in over the years .

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

In Western countries, you get a wealthy pension after you reach 67. In Asian countries, you work until you die!

In Western countries you pay into a State Pension for 30-40 years and get a small proportion back on a weekly basis and pay 20% tax on the money.  That's more the realty. Pensions earned are based on contributions paid not age. Frozen pensions become nominal very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1