BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

here

IMG_0880.jpeg

That looks more like a portable/granny charger in the 10-12A ballpark versus a 32A wall charger.  But I know some 32A chargers do come in this design/shape.

Edited by Pib

1 hour ago, mistral53 said:

Here ya go......... that blue bar is actually a slider that allows you to select the charging current from 6 to 32A

2024-05-12_17-27-57.png2024-05-12_17-33-16.png.9bb18daf4753f32b37f628f005df7c05.png

My app looks nothing like that, is it TerraConfig you are using?

1 hour ago, Pib said:

That looks more like a portable/granny charger in the 10-12A ballpark versus a 32A wall charger.  But I know some 32A chargers do come in this design/shape.

I have both, they look identical just thicker cables, one has a conventional Thai style (Schucko?) 16 amp plug and is configurable 6, 10, 13 & 16 amp, it has a 10m cable on it.  I got this for traveling for hotels/motels and the like.

The broken one has a 32 amp industrial blue plug and is switchable 10, 16, 24 or 32 amp, it is this one which has failed.

51 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

My app looks nothing like that, is it TerraConfig you are using?

Terra Config is just used to install and configure 'ChargerSync' - which is the app I use for the ABB charger.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mistral53 said:

Terra Config is just used to install and configure 'ChargerSync' - which is the app I use for the ABB charger.

Thanks, I have configured by time of day so I get the maximum charging current if I start during solar power production.

12 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Is this app specifically for the ABB chargers that came with the Seal?

Posted (edited)

Hello Guys!

1. Anyone do the software downgrade for install sideload apps? If yes after that was easy to update back by OTA?

2. Someone here who disconnect the rear seat occupancy sensor?

Thanks for the answers!

Edited by dpeti73

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I did the downgrade, side loaded a load of apps and then upgraded a couple of days afterwards, zero problems and very happy with the results, since January 9th.

Short story: mid December.

I saw on FB a guy advertising a rear view mirror that is a front and rear camera with 24 hour parking surveillance designed especially for the Seal.( search Sinjet on FB ). I fancied it and went to see him in BKK , he fit the cameras and also the BYD front camera which i had bought previously.

Together in the deal was unlocking of the screen for sideloading apps but i wasn’t that clued up about this and forgot to ask him anyway so it didn’t get done. ( page 12 this thread ).

Fast forward to Jan 9th.

After some failed attempts to side load with others on this thread I returned to BKK and the guy downgraded, loaded whichever apps i wanted FOC and i upgraded a few days later. ( see page 21 this thread ).

The OTA returned me back to the latest version as I had already done an OTA around end of Dec.

Added YouTube, Google Maps, Waze, Brave browser, Google, YouTube music and GBox ( which allows other apps to be downloaded from within GBox ) also Lazada and FB and some others.

Google Maps can now be used in portrait or landscape not available in Apple CarPlay and i also added the charging station overlay.

Unlike the BYD browser which can only be used in gear P all apps can now be used on the go including YouTube and anything streamed from the Google or Brave browsers ( not that I would advocate watching videos with the car in motion ).

I can strongly recommend the Sinjet guy ( as well as his rear/front camera setup ) particularly if you are in BKK, he also has a colleague working from Chiang Rai.

If interested PM me and I will pass on his contact details.

Thanks for the detailed answer!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A video doing the rounds on FB explaining how to upgrade via a flash drive attracting the usual attention, it’s all in Thai so i can’t comment on its authenticity but it was posted by the guy who downgraded and side loaded apps for me. He seems to be in the know about all things BYD but even so i will wait for the OTA.

can you share the FB link ... thank you.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Open air con settings using 3 fingers on touchscreen ( 3 fingers on screen in any mode, slide up and down to adjust temp, left and right to adjust fan speed

Even if this becomes available after a new OTA upgrade, I'll continue to adjust temperature and fan speed using the voice control. Easier and works perfectly.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Even if this becomes available after a new OTA upgrade, I'll continue to adjust temperature and fan speed using the voice control. Easier and works perfectly.

If am on an application that doesn’t show the air con shortcut button on info screen I use the steering wheel buttons to adjust temp or fan speed.

It would appear this latest update to change fan/temp is over the top as we already have:

Voice commands 

Steering wheel shortcut 

Info screen shortcut 

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:43 AM, motdaeng said:

can you share the FB link ... thank you.

What did you make of it @motdaeng ?

I think it is the official update from BYD just not delegated to Thailand yet, the guy who posted the video seems to get a lot of insider info from China.

As an OTA it seems very small:

As mentioned the 3 finger air con trick is superfluous.

Wireless Apple CarPlay is handy.

Vehicle location on the app is also handy.

Presumably there’s some additional tweaks.

Still no shortcut to seat memory although I guess OTA programmers are designing BYD updates rather than Seal specific.

Personally I would like to see some sort of Sentry Mode application, so the 360° cameras can continue to record for a set period after the car is locked.

My front and rear cameras record in this mode ( sensing motion ) but due to 12v battery worries use 1 FPS and for a max of 24 hours. All round recording would be great if even for a short period.

On 3/12/2024 at 4:06 PM, mistral53 said:

Couple of questions:

1. Do the retaining holes of the driver side floor mat fit and clip into place? in my case, the floor mat holes are too small and cant clip into the pins, so the mat constantly moves.

2. Do your cars make a 'farting noise' around 150km/h? I read this in a few forums on FB, so it seems to be pretty common. Cant believe in this day and age this could happen, although one guess is that the airflow is so maxed out to get to the cd 0.219, it probably takes next to nothing to lose the optimized air flow somewhere....... my guess is the leading edge of the roof glass.

3. Do you follow the charging instructions per manual? always to 100%? and 10 to 100% every couple months? Because I charge from solar, I prefer to charge just for a few hours every day, but maybe that is not ideal.........

Floor mat saga continues: I finally got around to visit the dealer to check on my driver's side floor mat holes not fitting (not snapping into the plastic retaining pins). I went through cars in their showroom, one Seal and several Atto 3s - they all had the exact same problem: The holes in the carpet did not snap into the plastic pins, the holes are too small or the pins too fat. I checked some demo cars, all had the same problem. A tech was told to check my complaint, he was surprised by my problem (as in what is wrong with me!) of course could not fix it, shrugged his shoulders, and for him this problem was solved...... gawd I love these kind of staff!

Apart from realizing this is a mind blowing FUBAR, as it seems to me all BYD cars delivered to Thailand are afflicted with this fitment problem - it is a safety issue! I am just waiting for the first fatal crash stemming from a carpet blocking the brake pedal and a pedestrian or motorcycle driver getting killed........

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-lexus-consumer-safety-advisory-potential-floor-mat-interference-with-accelerator-pedal/

Does BYD scan these boards? BYD was the 9th largest car producer in 2023, time to step up to the plate to play like the big boy...........that probably starts with denial that they have floor mats in their cars  🤪

10 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Floor mat saga continues: I finally got around to visit the dealer to check on my driver's side floor mat holes not fitting (not snapping into the plastic retaining pins). I went through cars in their showroom, one Seal and several Atto 3s - they all had the exact same problem: The holes in the carpet did not snap into the plastic pins, the holes are too small or the pins too fat. I checked some demo cars, all had the same problem. A tech was told to check my complaint, he was surprised by my problem (as in what is wrong with me!) of course could not fix it, shrugged his shoulders, and for him this problem was solved...... gawd I love these kind of staff!

Apart from realizing this is a mind blowing FUBAR, as it seems to me all BYD cars delivered to Thailand are afflicted with this fitment problem - it is a safety issue! I am just waiting for the first fatal crash stemming from a carpet blocking the brake pedal and a pedestrian or motorcycle driver getting killed........

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-lexus-consumer-safety-advisory-potential-floor-mat-interference-with-accelerator-pedal/

Does BYD scan these boards? BYD was the 9th largest car producer in 2023, time to step up to the plate to play like the big boy...........that probably starts with denial that they have floor mats in their cars  🤪

That is surprising, as i said before mine fit fine, if only i could stop the little lady’s side from sliding forwards.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

That is surprising, as i said before mine fit fine, if only i could stop the little lady’s side from sliding forwards.

So your drivers side floor mat hooks onto the pins and 'clicks'....?

How about those motorcycles driving in the wrong direction that nobody expects when pulling out of a soi, since we are busy checking for traffic driving in the proper direction..........? of course, no insurance to top off the idiocy.

IMG_20240518_153536c.jpg

• Sad 4

7 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Thank you very much - this is very different from the floor mat I have. I wonder whether the floor mats are sourced locally, even on the dealer level, and my dealer just mucked this little detail up in the most glorious way.

Looks like the “ pin “ in the floor is tapered ?? Plus the mats have a steel ring whereas on mine it is rubber !

I believe you got yours earlier than mine ? mine was delivered Nov 30th.

Wonder what other early adopters pins and mats ( i avoided using the word ring for obvious reasons ! ) look like ?? @macahoom ?

Either way i should show your dealership my video .

• Thanks 1

@mistral53

I had a closer look at mine as it appears your pin is tapered and i assume mine is concave.

Well my pins are the same as yours:

IMG_3893.thumb.jpeg.c79337636bae02624cdf5df81a54f39f.jpeg

But the mats underneath have the locking part :

IMG_3894.thumb.jpeg.da45bc26a5b45138d908be02be2e835a.jpeg

So your mats appear to be the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Just updated my Dolphin over the air. Look what little goodie I got.

image.thumb.jpeg.8880b1a697fb0a2fa7442a55a575138d.jpeg

Vehicle position, yay! Now my wifey can see where I am… oh wait, that’s not good, is it?

Did you get wireless Apple CarPlay and the unnecessary 3 fingers adjustment of air con settings. ?