Protesters Urge Govt To Return Thaksin To Jail

webfact

3 hours ago, Deserted said:

I think they are acting out of self-interest rather than the good of the nation.

As these guys are 'professional protestors' getting paid for it, yeah, for sure it is in their self interest.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The anti-Thaksin activists said Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin would virtually run the country as a puppet allegedly pulled around by Thaksin if he agreed to let him stay longer at the hospital amidst hearsay that the de facto Pheu Thai boss had manipulated to keep himself from being put behind bars.

That's is Very close to the Truth.  I was  thinking that myself.

3 hours ago, Dcheech said:

As these guys are 'professional protestors' getting paid for it, yeah, for sure it is in their self interest.   

Why do you say they are 'professional protestors' and what proof of that do you have?

7 hours ago, Deserted said:

I think they are acting out of self-interest rather than the good of the nation.

No wonder you have got 9 or 10 confused with your post. How on earth does it help the good of the nation to have a convicted criminal doing easy time, instead of the extra lenient sentence  he got anyway,  8 years reduced to 1 year

and -I think we all know its a---just wait in comfort in this hospital for the kings birthday, when most prisoner under a year get released.--but whatever you do , dont actually get put into a prison cell..................................  "For the good of the Nation".......:cheesy:

• Like 1

Unless they can get a million people on the streets it’s not going to happen the fugitive is running the current government from his bedside soon his daughter will become the PM when the current one steps down through some form of illness 

• Like 1

A dozen activists....was it raining or something? The Thai people feel so strongly about Thaksin's malfeasance that a dozen anti-Thaksin people turned up. Maybe it is time to move on past the Thaksin era and focus on what needs to be done now, for the good and betterment of Thai people. Locking Thaksin up will not put food in any kids' bellies up in Issan, won't provide better medical care for the elderly, won't reduce crime, or improve education.....indeed it will achieve nothing except to act as a dummy for some of the toothless old grumps on Asean Now....a dummy to spit every time they hear the name 'Thaksin'. Oh and I forget it would gladden the hearts of those amazing dozen who defied everything and protested....a Nobel Prize for them?

Edited by retarius
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Yawn....

It does get old....same old endless rhetoric. 

Speaking of yawn - shouldn't the Shinawatra handlers begin to prep the public, and other circles, for her quiet return as well? 

Just wondering out loud. 

😘

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Must be a really sick man to spend all this amount of time in Hospital

20 years ago I had a serious problem, surgery for 12 hours. Part of my stomach removed and 52 staples from my the top of my chest to the bottom. Three days later I was sent home..  Even if you are dying and don't have but a few weeks to live they sent you home with pain medicine and hospice. They must be having to revive him every few hours for him to be in the hospital for that long.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And he is sickly, don't forget that!

OK but it seems plenty of Thais (and foreigners) are not convinced he's actually sick, and not convinced he needs to stay in hospital long-term and not convinced he needs to stay in the hospital high end luxury 'royal suite'. 

11 hours ago, retarius said:

A dozen activists....was it raining or something? The Thai people feel so strongly about Thaksin's malfeasance that a dozen anti-Thaksin people turned up. Maybe it is time to move on past the Thaksin era and focus on what needs to be done now, for the good and betterment of Thai people. Locking Thaksin up will not put food in any kids' bellies up in Issan, won't provide better medical care for the elderly, won't reduce crime, or improve education.....indeed it will achieve nothing except to act as a dummy for some of the toothless old grumps on Asean Now....a dummy to spit every time they hear the name 'Thaksin'. Oh and I forget it would gladden the hearts of those amazing dozen who defied everything and protested....a Nobel Prize for them?

He's a convicted criminal and his case wasn't heard in a kangaroo court.

If there's a case that his conviction / crime should be now just forgotten then there's probably several thousand others doing hard time who would be 'entitled' to 'let's forget it'.

Edited by scorecard
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

OK but it seems plenty of Thais (and foreigners) are not convinced he's actually sick, and not convinced he needs to stay in hospital long-term and not convinced he needs to stay in the hospital high end luxury 'royal suite'. 

And most of them don't really seem to care!