Chonburi Governor Launches Operation in Pattaya to Crack Down on Crime Ahead of High Season

webfact

In the last four decades of living in Thailand I keep on reading always the same headlines referring to "the Chonburi Governor launching yet another crack-down-on-crime operation in Pattaya".

Tourism Authority tells us of double and triple digits increases of holiday makers visiting Pattaya for its nature as a family resort - also for decades.

When I go to Pattaya I see garbage roadside everywhere, traffic jams second to Bangkok, rude and disinterested staff in restaurants and hotels and, well, nature and family-oriented issues ....... that is another thing. What I also see is the sheer endless "bar beer" outfits with overweight women (I assume that at least) staring into their phones while dogs and cats sneak around those bar stools for leftover food or having a second look in all those torn garbage bags and buckets. 

Crack down - my foot 😉 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

kick-off ceremony to initiate a joint operation to address various social issues in Chonburi, including drug abuse, human trafficking, possession and carrying of firearms, gambling, and influential figures causing problems and breaking the law.

Isn't this a Stupid operation,For Satans Sake it's Their Job 24/7 that what they get Paid for.

Is this an statement that they Actually going to do something like their job that they haven't been doing for all those years.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Isn't this a Stupid operation,For Satans Sake it's Their Job 24/7 that what they get Paid for.

Is this an statement that they Actually going to do something like their job that they haven't been doing for all those years.

As I have just said in another post "Copy and paste" for future use!

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 6:33 AM, bob smith said:

another crackdown?

how many is that so far this year? i'm losing count 😄 

Since it was revealed – again and again, after numerous crackdowns – that there is no prostitution in Pattaya, the authorities need to find something to crackdom at in Chonburi, so they are not redundant...:whistling:

On 11/2/2023 at 12:33 PM, bob smith said:

another crackdown?

how many is that so far this year? i'm losing count

I am surprised they didn't mention prostitution. Yes I forgot, since a few years  there is no prostitution anymore in Pattaya

If I see the words "Crack Down" anymore, I'm going to CRACK UP!  

Perhaps someone in authority could spare the time to look-up the meaning of Crack Down, and implement a plan that will avoid the need for further crack downs.

So I’m guessing Pattaya will be losing almost its entire police force? I mean, the RTP are involved up to their eyeballs in almost all crime in Pattaya, so if there’s going to be a real crackdown (not the token ones they keep having), it will decimate the ranks of the RTP. 

• Like 1