Trump sons deny knowing of financial statements at heart of $250m fraud trial

Social Media

image.png

Trump’s eldest sons claimed on Thursday that they had no knowledge of the financial statements at the heart of the family’s $250m fraud trial.

Eric and his older brother Donald Trump Jr claimed in court that they had relied on accountants and others to make sure their financial records were correct.

But lawyers for the New York attorney general presented evidence that the two brothers had been presented with paperwork that suggested they had prior knowledge of statements a judge has ruled “clearly contain fraudulent valuations”.

Eric Trump’s comment came as lawyers quizzed the brothers about their knowledge of the financial statements that prosecutors argue prove the Trumps were instrumental in a scheme to inflate the family’s perceived wealth for financial gain.

“I never had anything to do with the statements of financial condition,” Eric Trump testified.

In a sometimes tetchy exchange, Eric Trump was asked about emails that showed subordinates asking for information about Trump’s financial reports. “Hi Eric, I’m working on your dad’s annual financial statement,” read one email from Jeffrey McConney, the Trump Organization’s former controller, asking for details about a Trump property.

Eric Trump consistently denied specific knowledge and said he was “not very familiar with my father’s statement of financial condition”. At one point Eric Trump said “we’re getting tripped up” and said he had not realized at the time that he was being asked for information related to financial statements.

“People in the company have conversations with you all the time, and you provide them with answers when you can,” said Trump. “I think I was 26 years old,” he added. “I was not aware of it, I never worked on it, and I didn’t know about it until this case came into fruition.”

FULL STORY

Guardian.png

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It will be interesting to see if they also believe the Trump spawn are infallible.

If by some fiat he is barred from running do not be surprised if Djr steps forward.

I'm expecting the GOP to have an open convention.  Interesting times.

23 hours ago, heybruce said:

Senator Rick Scott was CEO of Columbia/HCA when it committed the largest Medicare fraud in history.  He claimed he didn't know what his company was doing, and not only was he not charged with anything, he left with over $300 million in stock and severance.  https://marketrealist.com/p/rick-scott-medicare-fraud-explained/

If someone who looks like Lord Voldemort can be judged to be too ignorant to be guilty, then the Trump goofballs should have no trouble doing the same.  I don't like it, but I think they'll walk.

Only rich people can get away with major crimes by pleading ignorance.  It doesn't work for the poor.

They are already found guilty, this is to asses what penalty they get, so they won't get away with this. Certainly not when they insult the people who diss out the penalty on a daily basis.

Bad memory seems to be a genetic disorder in DT's branch of the family tree.  When he talks about what a great memory he has he is forgetting this.  :biggrin:

Can't blame Melania for these three.

His niece seems to be the sharpest one to appear in the media.