The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You asked me a question of how to differentiate between the two groups, I answered it in the most honest way I can then you go babbling on about the Marxist McDonnell, I take it you mean McDonnell and not McDonald?

Yea, which ever MP got in the heat, for suggesting peace in the area ...

... and some think he's the dimwit ... hmm

Spellchecker ... ??? :laugh:

Edited by KhunLA

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Don't be silly Chomper...

If I wrote in one of the various Biden/Trump threads "Chomper said Biden is doing a decent job and would do a better job running the US than Trump ever could" it would be an entirely accurate description of your position. I wouldn't need to provide a quote from you saying exactly those words in exactly that order for it to be accurate :laugh: . It's clearly an accurate summary of your position. 

Next level pedantry from you once again. :whistling:

Owned by your own lies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Most people know McDonnell for what he is, a hate filled Marxist intent on creating unrest every time he opens his mouth.  He is renowned for saying Margaret Thatcher should be assassinated, quotes Mao, derides Churchill, he promotes hate and not peace!

Opinions differ and you don’t speak for most people.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Opinions differ and you don’t speak for most people.

Oh and I forgot to mention McDonnells other quote, I paraphrase 'Labour councillors that refuse to meet Sinn Fein want knee capping', his quotes speak louder than your opinions, what a peaceful and understanding gentleman he seems.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Thanks for your reply.  Must be your full time job to read and post on this forum !   

Shame you did not have much to add.   

You accuse me of lying about what my friend told me about their experience at the recent march.  Up to you.  Seems an odd tactic of yours.

And you say the Guardian article is 'lame'.  No specific point objected to, no detailed, reasoned argument.  Just one word 'lame'.     Why bother posting that ?

JohnnyF does make a detailed response, which is useful.  Good to further the discussion.  I have responded to his post.

And ofcourse, in any march of diverse people, there will be some who will be more extreme.  Attract media attention, but the low levels of arrests show that most protesters were peaceful and not extremists.

Yawn - you don't seem to have issues with other posters commenting a lot about things, so long as supportive of your views. Guess that's the best you've got.

Not much to 'add' to your nonsense posts, they are quite amusing as they are.

I'm not accusing you of lying. You've already been caught lying on these topics, and admitted as much. Hence no particular reason to accept anything you say at face value. Other than that, on most discussions and forums, citing 'friends' is not usually considered much of an argument, or even a valid one. Certainly not when it runs against more solid evidence.

I am saying it's lame. Because it is. All the sophistry on offer won't change how the phrase is used today, in this context and by the people chanting it.

I don't feel compelled to engage on the particulars of every contrived argument offered, and offer them extra exposure. 

You made a general, unqualified claim about the protest and protestors. It was false. Now you backtrack some and pretend it never happened. Nothing new. The level of arrests do not necessarily show what you claim, of course, they just indicate how many were arrested. Whether this was right or not can be debated.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t see any thing wrong with people break the law getting arrested.

Arresting people who turn up at the Cenotaph looking for trouble is a definitely something the Met should do.

1. Really.............:unsure:

2. Correct.......:cowboy:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, In the jungle said:

I read in the news this morning that among those supporting the Met Commissioner's decision and the right to freedom of speech and peaceful protest are Nicholas Soames, former Conservative cabinet minister and grandson of Winston Churchill and also the charity arranging the ceremony at the cenotaph.

Quite right too. 

Even Winston made a few mistakes.

• Like 2

Posts with videos from unknown social media sources have been removed, please see our Community Standards

This notice is pinned at the top of this forum:

World News
Interesting, thought provoking and topical news stories from around the world. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

Also please take note of the following forum rule:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, transam said:

1. Really.............:unsure:

2. Correct.......:cowboy:

And if they protest elsewhere in the City?

There are always stupid people in any group (women are called Karen's, don't know what the men are called.

If they protest at the Cenotaph, simply arrest them, fine them heavily, and if they can't pay, toss them in jail until the fine is paid.

Internet search came up with this for male "Karens".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)#:~:text=Male context,-The term is&text=Numerous names for a male,Miss Ann was Mister Charlie.

Numerous names for a male equivalent of Karen have been floated, with little agreement on a single name.[31][32] ‘Richard’ is the most popular male equivalent because of his vulgar nickname, although 'Ken'[1][32][33][34][35] and 'Kevin'[36][37] are also names used. The Jim Crow era male equivalent to Miss Ann was Mister Charlie.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There are always stupid people in any group (women are called Karen's, don't know what the men are called.

If they protest at the Cenotaph, simply arrest them, fine them heavily, and if they can't pay, toss them in jail until the fine is paid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)#:~:text=Male context,-The term is&text=Numerous names for a male,Miss Ann was Mister Charlie.

Numerous names for a male equivalent of Karen have been floated, with little agreement on a single name.[31][32] ‘Richard’ is the most popular male equivalent because of his vulgar nickname, although 'Ken'[1][32][33][34][35] and 'Kevin'[36][37] are also names used. The Jim Crow era male equivalent to Miss Ann was Mister Charlie.

I think you missed the meaning of 'Karen'.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I personally think the protest march is a religious thing, they are not happy Israel can defend themselves, if it were the other way round, there would be no march.

Who on our special day wants to see the police fighting with protesters to arrest them, making a mockery of the whole solemn event.

Two minutes silence, with scrotes shouting religious insults, no waaaaay.  :sad:

But, it seems they will not be marching near the event, if any do, then they should be taken care of at an early stage....

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The demonstrations don’t start until over an hour after the Remembrance Silence.

And how is it religious with thousands of people from mixed and/or or no religious affiliation?

Seems like there's 2 x 2 minute silences.  Both at 11:00.

One in saturday, 1 on sunday.  I only knew about the sunday, poppy day one.  (My father worked at the Poppy factory in Richmond).

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/stories/two-minute-silence

He was stationed in Egypt, never saw fighting.  He hated arabs and jews.  Haha.  An anti-semite, anti-muslim for sure.   555.    Probably common in his era.

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

Even Winston made a few mistakes.

Winston made a lot of mistakes, as any Kiwi that knows about WW2 history will attest.

However, by keeping Britain from being conquered by the Germans he can be forgiven them.

Unfortunately for Winnie, they didn't want him as PM after.

Edited by thaibeachlovers