Why did you choose Thailand?

Flyguy330

I'm not a full time Thai resident, but I've obtained my LTR Visa. I'm living in Malaysia, and while I'm happy here at present I like to have a bolt hole, in case plans change.

So for me, Thailand is just an alternative home in Asia.

How about you? Why did you choose to live in Thailand rather than any other country?

• Like 1

Recommended by a friend because of low cost of living and good food, warm all year around and with the same quality of services we are used to at home e.g. reliable water and electricity supply, public transport options from baht buses to NakonchaiAir plus railways (albeit infrequent and slow). Came for a holiday and indulged myself in LK Metro and also on the more relaxed 'dark side' of Pattaya and decided he was, of course, absolutely correct. When I discovered that my criminal record was no bar to obtaining a Non-O (Retirement) Visa and subsequent extensions I couldn't believe my luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyguy330 said:

I'm not a full time Thai resident, but I've obtained my LTR Visa. I'm living in Malaysia, and while I'm happy here at present I like to have a bolt hole, in case plans change.

So for me, Thailand is just an alternative home in Asia.

How about you? Why did you choose to live in Thailand rather than any other country?

The answer is very simple. Thailand is the place number one in the world for elderly single farangs

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1