Immigration and Police Conduct Nightlife Security Sweep in Nana Area

webfact

2 hours ago, phetpeter said:

They should now pop down to Pattaya and check on the Indians who seem to be running lots of nightclubs in walking street and the huge number of Indian restaurants plus selling on stalls everywhere.

The thais are getting fed up with Indians, according to some thais i spoke to 

2 hours ago, Docno said:

Maybe the 23 Thai hostages held in Gaza at the moment? (Not to mention all those murdered on Oct 7). Given the large presence of Thais in Israel and Thailand's past record in the Far South, crazies like Hamas and their supporters may see Thailand as being 'on the other side'. 

Thailand has a history of rolling over in seconds when other countries get offensive.

I honestly believe that criminal gang activity is growing exponentially in Thailand, and it is now just broaching the surface. I also believe, that Russians, Chinese, and Indians are making a sure foothold in Thailand, and the police are now having to deal with this rising threat to the country. Because maybe the payoff envelopes are not coming due to the gangs being bigger and more violent than the police can deal with.

This is a big rising and emerging g problem for Thailand, and if they are not careful, will lose control if it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Funny how readers read Nana and immediately think of Soi 4 and post responses relating to that, when the report and photos clearly show they targeted Soi 3 and 3/1, the area favoured by Arabs. Maybe a sensible idea, considering the little skirmish going on the the Middle East.

Exactly. All the comments about prostitutes/mongers/drug dealers are completely irrelevant as this is obviously about the Middle East thing.

1 hour ago, Jiggo said:

So they never made it to Soi13 to arrest some real criminals.

Yeah, all those mean dangerous expats in luxury(?) condos are a real threat to society. Sure, there's ladyboys and African drug dealers on the corner of soi 13 and Sukhumvit in front of Hyatt, but the soi itself is quite quiet.

2 hours ago, RickyJB said:

If they looked hard enough they'd find arabs with well underage young boys and girls. 

Do you have anything to back up what you say, or is it something you dreamed up with no proof whatsoever. I for one have never heard of Arabs being found with underage girls. Americans, Germans, Brits, yes. Arabs, no. Perhaps you have any cases or reports to give us. Or are they hidden so deep that no-one has found them. If so, how do YOU know of it? Or is it just racist talk based on nothing more than that.

• Sad 1

Tourism is down.........right so let's get out there and hassle some guys in Nana, just to make sure they are not enjoying their holiday too much.

Anyone remember when they started raidinng nightclubs in Sukhumvit and drug testing both Thais and foreigners? If you couldn't produce your passport you were locked up until someone brought it for you.  My taxi was pulled over at Askoke lights and my passport checked. An hour later I was asked to show my passport again and had to provide a urine sample for drug testing - I'd just walked in the place!!

All tourist friendly stuff.

If they actually want to make some genuine arrests for things that matter, I'm sure more than a few here could point them in the right direction.

Edited by MangoKorat

6 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

I hope they inspected some of those garish Chinese-made 'massage devices' on sale at stalls all round that area to ensure that they don't electrocute the user. 

These Chinese devices are also sold in Western countries. Do you think that Western countries manufacture those devices? I doubt very much. Even your iPhone is made in China. 

On 11/10/2023 at 7:35 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

And in a subsequent post as you likely have done in the past you will no doubt complain about "racism" and discrimination directed at white westerners by Thai people, as you sit here literally promoting ethnic discrimination against darker skinned people. 

Is it really  racism to call someone by their nationality, example as in running * Indian nightclubs* ? Just a question.