Where can I buy a cheap suitcase Pattaya? Or backpack

tremsy

As you post that you are looking for something cheap, I guess you do not demand a high quality. That kind of stuff you can find in bigger markets in Pattaya, also Lotus´s and Big C have for around 900 - 1 500 baht. To see the biggest stock and get the best prices, you could also chose home delivery with either Lazada or Shopee. I have also seen some fairly ok prices in Global.

Edited by Gottfrid

Suitcase and backpack: market on second road across View Talay 6 condo, before Central Pattaya Beach.

Fabric suitcases for less than 1,000. They actually last (surprise surprise) although nead a good clean now and then.

Backpack 200 (small) up.

Just bargain or walk to next seller, then walk back (works for me)

Mr DIY shop at Avenue Mall (McDonalds) between second road, and Buakhao 15 (Grand Avenue etc)

I purchased a medium size, rolling "clamshell" plastic suitcase at BigC for under B1000 6 years ago and many trips later, it's still rolling along.  Price doesn't necessarily buy longevity.

Most larger night markets have luggage sellers.  I noticed a large stand at the Pratumnak Soi 6 night market with many such bags under B1000.

Edited by dddave

21 hours ago, dddave said:

I purchased a medium size, rolling "clamshell" plastic suitcase at BigC for under B1000 6 years ago and many trips later, it's still rolling along.  Price doesn't necessarily buy longevity.

Most larger night markets have luggage sellers.  I noticed a large stand at the Pratumnak Soi 6 night market with many such bags under B1000.

I disagree.

I buy Thule or Samsonite only, it's expensive but good quality.

I know several people that have had cheap s**te and it's fallen apart at the airport, which creates a massive PITA.

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I disagree.

I buy Thule or Samsonite only, it's expensive but good quality.

I know several people that have had cheap s**te and it's fallen apart at the airport, which creates a massive PITA.

And I had a wheel of a less than one year old Samsonite come apart on an airport moving walkway. 

Astonishing coincidence

Literally only last night I walked from Top Soi 7 heading towards Diana. For my own reasons I wanted exactly what you're looking for and found a shop on right hand side before we reach Central Festival

I'd had few sherbets so took a photo to remind me where it was !!

Its mainly a shoe shop but on left hand side of photo they have a decent selection of the soft carry on bags but also the price is clearly marked and were cheap

I'd imagine exactly what you wanted because was exactly what I want as well

Am having wifi problems in Hotel......Will upload photo later OP (if I forget just remind me) but you cant miss it if you take a walk up there

Cheap quality is everywhere, this world is chock-full of cheap quality, everywhere you look you will find the low end suitcases and backpacks. Just bear in mind they're only going to last a few months, maybe one or two trips and then they will be tossed into the bin. You pay for good quality and you completely forget about what you paid, and use it for years, you pay for poor quality and it's almost always accompanied by regrets. 

OP...here

i liked the place because prices clearly displayed...am sure you could still knock some Baht off but you've got a clear starting point

The prices of bags though in Big C was literally obscene when I went looking few days ago

Could contain:

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1

If you are here for a few days---look at Lazada,  -I can see in the photo above a 1,300 baht suitcase I brought last week for 560 from Lazada.....Shopee also is doing a sale many things half price.

Edit.---if you are not staying for long---make sure it comes from a Thailand distributor.....The suitcase I got was distributed fro BKK wholesale got to issan about 38 hours after ordering.

Edited by oxo1947