Most things are boring

bignok

It's a subject that comes up from time to time when you reach a certain age. 

And the richer and more exciting your life, the duller things can seem. 

I don't have the answer to the question, but it brings to mind an artist I discovered recently. I must be living in a cave not to have discovered him sooner, or the YouTube algorithm must have judged that we weren't compatible (sic). 

- I invite you to watch the video and analyze your reaction. 
- Read the comments (many will feel less alone). 
- Watch videos of comments on the video (these are people who film themselves watching a video for the first time on the advice of their subscribers).  I avoid these channels in general, but especially for this artist, it's worth it. I particularly agree with what one person wrote in a comment: Through reactions, we try to re-experience what we ourselves felt the first time. 
- Finally, I invite you to learn more about this artist and what he's going through. 

DISCLAIMER : the subject and the way it is treated may seem shocking. It's not a slap in the face, it's a Mike Tyson left hook. 

For the record, this video made over 10 million hits in less than a year. 

The artist's name is Ren and the song is "Hi Ren". 

Enjoy. This would certainly deserve a dedicated topic. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

@bignok Not most things. Just you and your sometimes idiotic posts and threads. On the other hand, the Pai thread is like amazing.

Mr. "Justice of the Peace" has arrived. Bow down before him. Lick his feet or beware his wrath! You'll suffer his nasty jibes and lose your face! 

He and he alone knows which subjects are interesting and which are not! 

Hey man, just because your life is limited to the number of beers you drink every day and the younger and younger girls you look at, or because you don't have any perspective on life, that you don't ask yourself any questions, because your brain is more like mush than anything else, doesn't mean that at any moment you have to think you can allow yourself this kind of comment on a forum. 

It's the difference between saying "it's good / It's not good" and "I like / I don't like"
Do you get it ? 

#dondiegodelavega 😁

When I think that this continues while there was a message about the "new" moderation of the forum...nothing has changed and nothing will ever change, forums are in fact where jerks finally have the right to express themselves. And they don't hold back, to say the least. 
And the guy is an "advance member" with 5.6k messages sent...OMG

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I look at boredom as a luxury. Many people aren't so lucky. So a bit of boredom travelling around Thailand or in retirement means you have nothing to worry about which is nice. 

that's boring.

Being bored means someone is unsatisfied with life at that point, so change it

Edited by scubascuba3

7 hours ago, Marsupienemi said:

Mr. "Justice of the Peace" has arrived. Bow down before him. Lick his feet or beware his wrath! You'll suffer his nasty jibes and lose your face! 

He and he alone knows which subjects are interesting and which are not! 

Hey man, just because your life is limited to the number of beers you drink every day and the younger and younger girls you look at, or because you don't have any perspective on life, that you don't ask yourself any questions, because your brain is more like mush than anything else, doesn't mean that at any moment you have to think you can allow yourself this kind of comment on a forum. 

It's the difference between saying "it's good / It's not good" and "I like / I don't like"
Do you get it ? 

#dondiegodelavega 😁

When I think that this continues while there was a message about the "new" moderation of the forum...nothing has changed and nothing will ever change, forums are in fact where jerks finally have the right to express themselves. And they don't hold back, to say the least. 
And the guy is an "advance member" with 5.6k messages sent...OMG

Wait now! The only thing I wrote was that my opinion was that the OP was boring, and I see many of his posts like idiotic, as well as I also find some good. That´s my opinion. You find that so very bad, so you have to write a post like you did. Have you read what you wrote?

I have a mush brain and my life is limited to beer and young girls. I do not have a perspective of life. You do not think that can be considered at same level as my comment? Or are you above and have more rights?

After that, questions as "Do you get it?". That might just be a question you should re-direct towards yourself. I can also read that you have come to the conclusion that forums are a place where jerks finally have the right to express themselves. As you are a poster, I assume you will fit yourself into the same bracket then. Or, maybe you just float above others regarding that as well.

Edited by Gottfrid

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

that's boring.

Being bored means someone is unsatisfied with life at that point, so change it

It is a question of degree. If you are horribly bored all the time, and everything you think of doing fills you with disdain and boredom leaving a feeling of melancholy and unhappiness, there is a problem. However, if life is OK and you feel a bit bored sometimes, I think it's natural and you don't have to rush off to find stimulation and new challenges and excitement.

Suppose it depends on your personality. I think if you are fit and have a simple life you'll feel boredom sometimes but don't particularly want to fill it with stuff.

But as you say if Bignok is really bored with everything, including his pretty totally not imaginary young farm girl and with every new town and experience etc, then good to take action. 

I think getting fit and keeping life simple is a best first step rather than looking for excitement - that can come later after you have your stuff together to make good decisions. 

The wife is still fun 😎 

Along with simply cooking or dining out together.  Out part is more just getting out, though a couple restaurants are pretty good, or simply getting something that we can't or wont' bother making in house.   Pastry probably tops that list.  Two fold, either a hassle to make, or, make too much, and I really don't need to eat that much of it.

Full kitchen & comfy home, makes dining in quite enjoyable, especially since we're decent cooks, and usually better than most restaurants.  Really is easy to teach yourself.

Sites, been there, done that, comes into play, and not many I'd revisit, or have already.   There is nothing I can think of, hopping on a plane for, as dread even 2 hrs, let alone 6 hrs or more, on a plane if not in First Class.  And nothing is worth the silly price they charge for that, if even available now of days.

Activities, thrill seeking, did pretty much all I ever wanted to.  At 69, don't bounce like I used to, so glad all done and sorted.

Can't explain it, but what I do enjoy, is simply driving around, whether locally, <250 kms round trip, or an overnight, one night or 2 weeks.  Having the EV Really is a plus, and main reason we got the EV, as can do local, and not pay for petrol.  Gets us out of the house more, as buying petrol just to drive around is not really economical.

Like a bit of nature (short strolls, hiking) with a view, or simply a balcony with a view.  Landscape, viewpoints, and if a coffee shop or restaurant there, a major plus.

Only minor problem with that, TH is so small, we've been around it a few times.  And smog season limits the Northward direction from home/PKK a bit time limiting, and only good during rainy season.

Dog gets me out of the house everyday, to the park or surf, for a stroll.  Really don't know what I'd do without her.  Great therapy seasons also, and nice to have someone listen to you.

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Wait now! The only thing I wrote was that my opinion was that the OP was boring, and I see many of his posts like idiotic, as well as I also find some good. That´s my opinion. You find that so very bad, so you have to write a post like you did. Have you read what you wrote?

I have a mush brain and my life is limited to beer and young girls. I do not have a perspective of life. You do not think that can be considered at same level as my comment? Or are you above and have more rights?

After that, questions as "Do you get it?". That might just be a question you should re-direct towards yourself. I can also read that you have come to the conclusion that forums are a place where jerks finally have the right to express themselves. As you are a poster, I assume you will fit yourself into the same bracket then. Or, maybe you just float above others regarding that as well.

Your posts are of zero value. Just abuse. Ignore is right for you. 

This is a PM I just got from the girlfriend:

"This is another disaster. First, Pai on the cheapskate plan -'have another piece of meat on a stick, but not two', he said patting my midriff. Now, I'm stuck with Mr Moody in the two-Buddha town of Nan. Back in Cha Am, he urged me, Mary climb on, it's a town full of losers and we're pulling out of it to winnnn. And now, what? Shabu shabu for dinner? At best?"

If you are finding things boring, take a look in the mirror.  That's where the problem lies.  I'm never bored.  This year, my spouse and I have been building a house from the ground up since February.  It's about done.  The project has been sometimes challenging, sometimes frustrating, but always interesting--and never boring.  

Just before the first of the year, we visited Spain and Portugal.  This year we took trips to several of the islands, and also to Japan.  At the end of the month we are going to China--for the third time.  We love to travel and visit new places--it's never boring.

Wnen I have some free time I like to catch up on my reading--love mystery and suspense novels--and all the wonderful tv programs and movies being produced these days, from all over the world.  Love some of the Korean shows.  Finally caught Belfast, which was terrific.  If a show seems boring, it's easy to switch to something else--there's so much content available now.

Also not boring, swimming usually every day in my pool, going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, meeting up with friends for a dinner out somewhere, spending time in Bangkok about once a month, overseeing some of our investments, and keeping up with things, while sometimes commenting on them, on Asean Now.

I don't know your age but, at 71, I count every day as a wonderful gift, to be enjoyed as much as I can, and not squandered.  For me, 'most things'--and I'm the one controlling what those 'things' are, are not boring.  If you are finding 'most things are boring', you need to change, and maybe add to, what your things are.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are creating yourself as a lost cause. 

You have high standards. Then go out an live them. 

You have the power to control and manage yourself.

A lot of life has challenges. There is pleasure to be had from how you deal with these and overcome them. 

Your first challenge it seems, is overcome your feelings of boredom

Life is not the problem - it is how you are perceiving it.