Pattaya International Fireworks Festival Finale Concludes with Dazzling Display

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —On the evening of November 25th, the Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2023 concluded in magnificent style, illuminating the Pattaya Beach skyline with a breathtaking display of pyrotechnics and lights from five leading countries worldwide.

Hundreds of thousands of tourists, both Thai and international, converged on the 3-kilometer stretch of Pattaya Beach, creating a dense and lively atmosphere. The excitement was palpable as the top-ranked pyrotechnic teams from China, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Serbia showcased their skills in an exhilarating fireworks competition.

Each country’s presentation was met with thunderous cheers and applause from the audience, as the night sky was transformed into a canvas of vibrant colors and dazzling patterns. However, the event was not without its challenges, as the massive influx of tourists caused significant traffic congestion.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Is the "hundreds of thousands" of tourists an overstatement?

Perhaps, it seemed like that many when in the throng of them though. I stayed to the North and it was busy enough there. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

the massive influx of tourists caused significant traffic congestion.

Another triumph for Pattaya's invisible police; they are labelled as predatory yet ignore the brainless, selfish drivers who will block lanes at every junction with their Me-First mentality.  Two cops at ANY Railway Road junction would yield thousands of baht per hour in both legal & illegal 'fines'.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Serious traffic congestion is quite the understatement. 

A bar operator and vlogger on Soi 7 said that he timed a standstill on 2nd rd of more than one hour!

Better have a pee bag with you 🤣

Any first hand reports from Soi Buakhao?

I experienced this chaos last time before COVID. And even trying to walk down to the beach was a PITA.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

I was surprised at how quiet the traffic on the soi where I live in South Pattaya was yesterday. Once I'd turned onto Third Road, I found out why. Gridlock. Luckily, I was only going to Friendship, but checking the traffic on Maps all of Second and Third Road were gridlocked, and South Pattaya and Central Pattaya Roads were the same heading towards Suk. The only main 'green' road on the map was Beach Road, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

I was surprised at how quiet the traffic on the soi where I live in South Pattaya was yesterday. Once I'd turned onto Third Road, I found out why. Gridlock. Luckily, I was only going to Friendship, but checking the traffic on Maps all of Second and Third Road were gridlocked, and South Pattaya and Central Pattaya Roads were the same heading towards Suk. The only main 'green' road on the map was Beach Road, lol.

As much as they will be claiming a roaring success, it really highlighted that the infrastructure is not up to the job here. Still, the locals keep coming, they don't seem to mind this hassle. Tourists are already here in town and can walk to the Beach from their hotel.... 

I may skip it next year but it was just a slow and irritating drive in early afternoon for me.....