Korean Man Threatens Balcony Jump, Deceived by Thai Woman in Pattaya

webfact

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you think she is fooling around, because she does not respond to your attempt to contact her, or because she does not show up when you have made plans, she is telling you something.

That'a not the issue here. The guy financed her investment in a grocery store, afterwards she disappeared as she didn't need him anymore. Just another case of a fool and his money parting ways. To begin with expecting to find actual love in Pattaya is naive. (possible maybe in a minority of cases - but not most)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it does not, and thank fck, Thailand is not 'kin California, where, presumably, there is a frequent need for that kind of facility!

It's not just CA.  Every state in America has similar laws. I have seen this type of law actually save a life. I would disagree with the term "frequent".  

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Dangerous to society how? He's only dangerous to himself and has done his fair share of donating to make others happy. Hopefully, if he finally decides to jump, he'll make sure the ground is clear.

That's pretty aggressive behaviour - and the damage he's doing to himself can be turned on others in a flash. Carrying a knife and threatening suicide is a major red flag.

23 minutes ago, BusyB said:

That's pretty aggressive behaviour - and the damage he's doing to himself can be turned on others in a flash. Carrying a knife and threatening suicide is a major red flag.

"I'm warning you.....Stay back or I'm going to peel this apple!"

42 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Luxury condo in Soi Buakhao ? This has got to be a joke. Soi Buakhao is a slum catering to low life mongers.

Not only mongers but budget travellers too - decent quality at a low price and convenient location - with restaurants, bars, massages, barber shops nearby and not so far from the beach, shopping centres and markets.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

“Permanent solution to a temporary problem”.  Like many men of the world I can relate to how feels.  What happened to the 100K Baht?  

In California we have a law commonly known as. “5150 WIC” hold.  In short it means someone like this would be held at a mental health facility for up to 72 hours for a psychiatric evaluation.  Does the Land of Smiles have such a law or process?  

yes

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Dangerous to society how? He's only dangerous to himself and has done his fair share of donating to make others happy. Hopefully, if he finally decides to jump, he'll make sure the ground is clear.

He is a danger to the public in many ways

1 Anyone picking up the cash could injure their backs if twisting too much

2 If he did launch himself into orbit, he may land on a person collecting the cash

3 If a few people are bobbing around collecting the money, someone may make a video and label it as a Patts sex show in public

Just saying :wai:

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Not everyone that goes Sky Diving without a parachute ensures the impact zone is clear.  This can be a hazard to someone on the ground.  

Battling romantic "heart" issues or "cardiac" issues?

Can be not so far apart actually when considering "Takotsubo cardiomyopathy or Broken Heart Syndrome" caused by extreme emotional stress.  Troponin levels go through the roof as produced by the heart and feels like a heart attack.

As others have suggested he might have been head over heels about her.  Easily done.

Edited by Jing Joe
edit
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another silly man, who has lost all perspective on his life over a woman. How do you avoid that? By not dealing with bad women, and by not putting yourself in that kind of position. Life is short. You have to trust your instincts. If you are dating a woman who is consistently letting you down, you dump her. Quickly. You move on. There are plenty of good women here. If you get involved with one who is playing the field, you move on. It is part of the expression of dignity, and self respect. If you think she is fooling around, because she does not respond to your attempt to contact her, or because she does not show up when you have made plans, she is telling you something. And you are NOT listening. Open your ears.

A lot of guys fall in love with the idea of being in love. And they devote their heart to a woman who is undeserving. So, the best course of action, if to take you time to get to know her. Time allows clarity. If it is good it will only get better. If there are problems (such as the ones you are describing), they will manifest themselves over time. This is why you do not allow yourself to get emotionally invested, until you know who she is. That takes a year, or two, or longer. If she shows you she is not worthy of your affection, and attention, you walk away. Man up. Pay tribute to your gender. Show yourself some self respect. Do not allow yourself to be abused, and treated like a street dog.

Spot on!   Especially "A lot of guys fall in love with the idea of being in love."

In my younger, less cynical  realistic days I could have been found guilty of that.

If you start out with "pay for play", chances are that you're dealing with a "bad" woman.

Trouble is, bad women are SO much fun! 😎

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

...since the sucidaire has come to his senses, which is all to the good, i'd like someone to tell me what happened to those 100,000 baht...

Gathered by the onlookers videoing the scene .

Will this be a claim under travel insurance  for cash loss:)?? OOps no threw it over the balcony thinking I was Eva Peron.