Thai-Chinese Meeting Addresses Negative Film Impact on Tourism

snoop1130

This is a movie they're talking about, isn't it? A drama, not real life. Don't the Chinese know the difference? I guess the same mentality exists there as existed in my native UK when I was a kid, and maybe still does, where people would want to know where to send flowers when a soap actor died.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

Ambassador Han Zhiqiang responded positively, assuring that Thailand remains a popular destination for Chinese tourists and expressing confidence that this incident would not affect their trust

..Oh that’s ok then.. Mai pen rai. 

• Haha 2

Just recently:

China’s Embassy calls on Thai media to censor its coverage of Taiwan to protect relationships

and then:

Thai Broadcaster Removes Taiwan Interview, Alarming Media Analysts

Thai Public Broadcasting Service Removes Interview with Taiwan Foreign Minister, Allegedly at China's Behest

that's why

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ambassador Han Zhiqiang responded positively

begging the question what was here first, the interview or the finished film waiting to be released in order to prod a country onto the correct path...

• Thumbs Up 2

If tourists (from any country) based their decisions on where to holiday from information from drama films and series - nobody would travel anywhere!

It is ridiculous to assume that this film is solely responsible for keeping the Chinese hordes at bay. 

How dumb are these people? (rhetorical question).

In case I am incorrect I suggest 'No More Bets' be screened at least once a month on the Chinese National Broadcaster to maintain the status quo

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The aim of the meeting was to reassure Chinese citizens about the film’s inaccuracy and emphasize Thailand’s strict safety measures for tourists.

once Chinese have a negative image about a country it's very difficult to change it.... look at their Ressentiment  towards Japan

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Keep Right said:

"The aim of the meeting was to reassure Chinese citizens about the film’s inaccuracy and emphasize Thailand’s strict safety measures for tourists. "

Safety measures such as the Thai drivers always stopping for pedestrians in zebra crossings as well as the considerable way the Thai people drive. I could add a hundred more but you get the point.

Would this not be called fake news? Since every year we are reading about each of these events happening in Thailand and to the Chinese people as well that come to Thailand as tourists. 

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They will do anything to avoid taking responsibility for the drop in tourism. 

1. None of the issues existing before Covid were ever addressed. Typical Thai style. These goons in charge won't take responsibility for anything. 

2. Many economies have been devastated, and Thailand's tourist base of primarily lower income Indians, Chinese and Malaysians were hardest hit. 

3. Thailand cannot and will not attract wealthy or even affluent tourists, for a dozen good reasons. No sacrifices are being made, to make Thailand more appealing to them. 

4. Thailand is a nation in reverse. It is moving backwards, and represents the polar opposite of progress on countless levels. It is simply NOT becoming a better version of itself. The environment, traffic and public safety, horrific law enforcement, corruption, air quality, etc. Add to that heinous luxury and wine taxes, and you have an environment wealthy tourists avoid like the plague. 

5. You cannot shut down the entire tourism industry for nearly 2 years, decimate the nightlife, hotels, restaurants and countless related businesses, engage in a very poorly planned vaccination program, create a climate of fear and panic, and then just expect because you open your doors again, millions will flood in. The world does not work like that. 

6. Thailand is NOT the center of the known universe. It is becoming less relevant by the minute. Tourists are forgetting Thailand. Thailand needs foreigners 100x more than they need Thailand. 

I could go on and on and on. The goons just do not get it. At all.

Pollution today is 104 in the Red in Pattaya , last year it was like Armageddon , especially in Isaan 

Edited by Irish star