Living in Pattaya on 186000 a month

AdrianUk

3 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I pay 10.000 on that.

No doubt, but you could end up with NobodyG as your neighbour. He will hate you unless you make him feel good by saying you have nothing.

Some of us have to pay a bit more to keep away from the nutty nut jobs 555

186k a month is nowhere near enough income if one is paying 70k for rent... A person living upscale like that would likely be spending at least an extra 3000 baht per day on quality food, dining, electricity, transport, and sundries. If he's into fine wine and imported luxury food, even more. You don't live in a 70k apartment and eat on the street every night to save money. We're nearly out of cash now and haven't got any pussy yet. 

Assuming the OP wants quality pussy every night and goes for top-tier delights, the long-time girls can easily cost 5000 per night or more (and still want to leave as soon or as early as possible), without even factoring in lady's drinks. If he likes to party with the girls and drink heavily, 10k a night is a modest ballpark (including tips) and not excessive in those environments. The drunker he gets the more he'll spend. I've been out with some heavy-drinking Aussie friends who notched up a 10k bar bill in a gogo in 2 hours, not including any takeaways.

If the OP ventured out like this only twice a week (he'd probably need a few days to recover after each night out), and managed to only spend 10k per outing and not tip the girl another 1 - 2k, that's another 80k a month. Let's call it 100k with some tips.

So where are we at? The 186k is gone on basic living expenses. Another 100k for entertainment. I would suggest he'd need at least 300k to get started with such a lifestyle. Even if he roughed it in a cheap condo, he'll still be short of cash.

It sounds like a lot, but when you start partying, it won't take long to spend.

If the OP wants to party like there's no tomorrow, I would start at 500k a month to be comfortable, and he could even burn through that with no trouble. If he starts to develop some feelings for some needy "girlfriends", his costs could skyrocket.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, noobexpat said:

No doubt, but you could end up with NobodyG as your neighbour. He will hate you unless you make him feel good by saying you have nothing.

Some of us have to pay a bit more to keep away from the nutty nut jobs 555

That’s exactly right 😊 It’s why you stay in the slum area, lording it up over there. 
You’ll feel uncomfortable in the nicer areas, as then you’ll stand out like a sore thumb with your cheap brand of “I’ve got money, look at me!”

No one cares, you are just embarrassing yourself. 

19 hours ago, noobexpat said:

I have a potential budget of about 350k a month. Obviously a ludicrous amount. I don't spend much here but my resources are very strong and growing, by default. As under age 50, i have to be mindful of building a healthy lifestyle and not get sucked into the scene. 

186k is a nice amount - enough to not worry, but not big enough to be silly. Possibly the sweet spot.

Maybe you can find a nicer place to live, with your ‘potential’ budget. 
The whole of your apartment is smaller than my living room. You stay in a beach resort, but you cannot even see the water. 
You aren’t the only one aged under 50, but some have not ever needed to pay for company. They can make and keep friends without having to pay for them. That’s why money isn’t mentioned… it’s not important, as it makes no difference in day to day life. 
You just live the way that you want to live. 
But you cannot, because you have to WORK. 
If you have to work, you are not free. If you are not free…you need something to make you feel better about not being free. 

You must feel super inadequate to use money as a constant crutch. Have you ever posted about anything else here?

No one cares about your money, other than the people who do…and they will try to take it from you. They most certainly won’t actually like you. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

186k a month is nowhere near enough income if one is paying 70k for rent... A person living upscale like that would likely be spending at least an extra 3000 baht per day on quality food, dining, electricity, transport, and sundries. If he's into fine wine and imported luxury food, even more. You don't live in a 70k apartment and eat on the street every night to save money. We're nearly out of cash now and haven't got any pussy yet. 

Assuming the OP wants quality pussy every night and goes for top-tier delights, the long-time girls can easily cost 5000 per night or more (and still want to leave as soon or as early as possible), without even factoring in lady's drinks. If he likes to party with the girls and drink heavily, 10k a night is a modest ballpark (including tips) and not excessive in those environments. The drunker he gets the more he'll spend. I've been out with some heavy-drinking Aussie friends who notched up a 10k bar bill in a gogo in 2 hours, not including any takeaways.

If the OP ventured out like this only twice a week (he'd probably need a few days to recover after each night out), and managed to only spend 10k per outing and not tip the girl another 1 - 2k, that's another 80k a month. Let's call it 100k with some tips.

So where are we at? The 186k is gone on basic living expenses. Another 100k for entertainment. I would suggest he'd need at least 300k to get started with such a lifestyle. Even if he roughed it in a cheap condo, he'll still be short of cash.

It sounds like a lot, but when you start partying, it won't take long to spend.

If the OP wants to party like there's no tomorrow, I would start at 500k a month to be comfortable, and he could even burn through that with no trouble. If he starts to develop some feelings for some needy "girlfriends", his costs could skyrocket.

The ‘wannabes’ are beyond pitiful. Obviously shocked and upset that the mere mention of money doesn’t get them the respect they feel they so rightly deserve 😊

There are always going to be rich and poor and everything in between. But the need to announce it… is really weird. Why would they do that?

Attention seeking 😊

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

The ‘wannabes’ are beyond pitiful. Obviously shocked and upset that the mere mention of money doesn’t get them the respect they feel they so rightly deserve 😊

There are always going to be rich and poor and everything in between. But the need to announce it… is really weird. Why would they do that?

Attention seeking 😊

Based on your last couple of posts, you must be poor?

You come across as sounding very jealous.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Based on your last couple of posts, you must be poor?

You come across as sounding very jealous.

Maybe your definition of ‘jealous’ is different from mine. 
It looks different to me. Perhaps kids who were bullied and disliked at school or some such and now want to announce that they have ‘made it’. But they aren’t getting the satisfaction that they so dearly crave. 
Jealousy isn’t a feeling that comes to me. More bemusement. Like someone pulling their appendage/s out to get attention. 
You just think…why are they doing that?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

Maybe your definition of ‘jealous’ is different from mine. 
It looks different to me. Perhaps kids who were bullied and disliked at school or some such and now want to announce that they have ‘made it’. But they aren’t getting the satisfaction that they so dearly crave. 
Jealousy isn’t a feeling that comes to me. More bemusement. Like someone pulling their appendage/s out to get attention. 
You just think…why are they doing that?

hmmm - strange.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:54 AM, newnative said:

He's not planning to be living where you live, JT.  And, no, the whole area is not a 'Cheap Charlie'.  You seem to have still not gotten out of the small area you stay at--which has warped your thinking.  Have you ventured to the Darkside yet?  He's planning to live at Siam Royal View, a very nice housing project.  Some of the homes go for 30 to 60plus million baht.  

If he chooses to stay in town, there are lots of nice condos in Wong Amat and some other areas where he could rent a nice condo rather than a house.  If he wants to be right on the beach in north Pattaya, there's Northshore condo.  Jomtien also has some choices, too.  That's the great thing about Pattaya, it's many neighborhoods with lots of housing choices, in all price points.   Go out and do some exploring sometime.  Pattaya has grown into a big city now.

21 hours ago, AdrianUk said:

Thank you. Just to be clear to others. This is my budget not what I will spend every month. We all have quiet weeks and busy weeks.  Good you said that, you will be called a troll next or accused of making it up.

Adrian   Have you checked that you can, in fact buy here?  I was under the impression that in order to buy a house you had to be Thai.  I tried to buy a garden home that is attached and got told I could not because it was a house, not a condo.

I would check that very clearly and get a good lawyer in Thailand to verify your rights.

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

Adrian   Have you checked that you can, in fact buy here?  I was under the impression that in order to buy a house you had to be Thai.  I tried to buy a garden home that is attached and got told I could not because it was a house, not a condo.

I would check that very clearly and get a good lawyer in Thailand to verify your rights.

Where did Adrian say he was going to buy ?...

In his OP he said rent at Siam Royal View  for 70k a month.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

People think us millionaires do things vastly different - i'm happy to dispel some myths. 

Its also very amusing reading your psycho-babble and fury 555

It’s more amusing you trying to project jealousy and fury on to members of this board, when it’s obviously just you who is feeling that. 
Your behaviour is just laughably pitiful. 
Now you are a ‘millionaire’ living in a veritable shoebox in a somewhat sleazy area. Though I note, quite convenient for you to visit Boyztown. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

People think us millionaires do things vastly different - i'm happy to dispel some myths. 

Its also very amusing reading your psycho-babble and fury 555

Who are those people who think what you allege? Name one. 
I know real millionaires and beyond. They certainly don’t behave in the pathetic manner that you depict and they certainly wouldn’t choose to live in a pokey apartment in a somewhat dubious area. That’s the domain of a ‘chav’ who may have come into a bit of money, but has no idea of how to behave. No one needs to be envious of such a creepy character. 
Sorry…but you ooze mediocrity. If you wanted to impress us, you could have taken a penthouse in a nice area/location. 
Instead you chose a bulk standard apartment in a bulk standard development. 
Perhaps you meant Baht millionaire. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Poor old nextG. What a bad start to his week, getting all rattled on a monday morning 555

😊

My week starts on a Sunday, since I don’t have to work. 
I guess it’s different for you. You really need to be aware of your trying to juxtapose your negative emotions on to others. I’m happy and relaxed 😌 

It’s you who gets ‘rattled’. 
I can do this all day. Now get back to work.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

I know real millionaires and beyond. They certainly don’t behave in the pathetic manner that you depict and they certainly wouldn’t choose to live in a pokey apartment in a somewhat dubious area. That’s the domain of a ‘chav’ who may have come into a bit of money, but has no idea of how to behave. No one needs to be envious of such a creepy character. 
Sorry…but you ooze mediocrity. If you wanted to impress us, you could have taken a penthouse in a nice area/location. 

This post smacks of envy...

Anyone who is impressed by somebody else, taking a penthouse, is some kind of jerk.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

This post smacks of envy...

Anyone who is impressed by somebody else, taking a penthouse, is some kind of jerk.

I think that you are describing your own post. 
Unlikely I could be envious of someone living in a penthouse in a nice area/good location when already there. 
The point being that you don’t find me boasting about my income on a near constant basis. 
I just see wannabes. Writing about the places that they want to stay or perhaps places they might eventually move to. 
Can you imagine a wealthy person writing such nonsense? It’s just embarrassing… for them. 

Of course I’m sure that you tried to Troll me before and failed and this was just another attempt to try to get one over on me. Fail 👎 

37 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

He can do it all day, he says.

The whole forum nods in agreement 555

I interupt my wonderfully lucrative business to write this.

I hope you appreciate it nextG.

You see, the rich do help the needy!

Yes, they do. They actually do it, rather than just writing about it on a forum when trying desperately to convince everyone they have some money 🤭

Keep working at it, you might get there some day. 

48 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

He can do it all day, he says.

The whole forum nods in agreement 555

I interupt my wonderfully lucrative business to write this.

I hope you appreciate it nextG.

You see, the rich do help the needy!

Seriously though, why are you so desperate to convince everyone(at least on a supposedly anonymous forum) that you have any money? 

Is it important to you that someone knows? 
I’m sure that you mentioned that you wanted a nice place where your mum could visit. But isn’t it somewhat strange that you would choose a place sandwiched between red light areas?

Do you think your mother would not notice, simply because you are paying 22k monthly for your ‘cosy’ apartment?

The amount doesn’t have an effect on the location. 
Perhaps try a different line. It’s great that you are excited about your “lucrative business”. But why not start a thread about business? Something interesting, rather than… “look how much money I have”. That’s a bit pathetic. Just an opinion. You don’t have to take it on board. Up to you. 

• Confused 1

On 11/30/2023 at 9:19 AM, AdrianUk said:

My retirement is coming soon and I want to know if 186,000 baht a month is enough for rent, ladies (every day) and some booze in bars?

Despite the silly responses you've been getting, depending on your lifestyle and party style 186k a month may not be enough if you spend 70k on rent. Booze and girls add up fast if you do it daily. I'd recommend deciding what's more important to you- girls and party or renting a 70k house, because you'll have to compromise on one of them. 70k rent plus utilities, food, and other expenses would leave you with just over 100k free spending money, or in other words about 3000 baht a night - enough for booze OR girls but not really both.

There are ways to budget and save, but if your starting point is already low (100k/mo spending money is low IMHO) then you'll always be looking at your wallet worried if you're not overdoing it.

3 hours ago, NextG said:

Jealous much !!

42 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Despite the silly responses you've been getting, depending on your lifestyle and party style 186k a month may not be enough if you spend 70k on rent. Booze and girls add up fast if you do it daily. I'd recommend deciding what's more important to you- girls and party or renting a 70k house, because you'll have to compromise on one of them. 70k rent plus utilities, food, and other expenses would leave you with just over 100k free spending money, or in other words about 3000 baht a night - enough for booze OR girls but not really both.

There are ways to budget and save, but if your starting point is already low (100k/mo spending money is low IMHO) then you'll always be looking at your wallet worried if you're not overdoing it.

I think it more silly to take the OP seriously 

3 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Poor old nextG. What a bad start to his week, getting all rattled on a monday morning 555

You're still a noob - expat. Sooner or later Monday morning will lose relevance in your life. We "debate" day and night on here, 7 days a week LOL

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

I think it more silly to take the OP seriously 

Ok, thanks! It's a bit silly that you took my reply so seriously and didn't sense the irony... however, are you suggesting that no one has 186K a month to burn through? I've done it on an extended vacation, as far back as 20 years ago. Those were the days!

15 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

You're still a noob - expat. Sooner or later Monday morning will lose relevance in your life. We "debate" day and night on here, 7 days a week LOL

Debate and opinions are all good. Most folks are pretty chilled.

But you get the odd fruitcake who is nasty to the point of appearing deranged 555