At least 90% of whinging, whining, complaining and moaning comes from British mouths acording to famous Brit vlogger.

Goat

35 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Well you would, wouldn't you Dan?

You may call it whinging and whining - we call it refusing ro taking it up the a*s. If you like that, that's your business.

My experience is a little different to yours - most of the Thai's I've met know very well that I'm English and tell me they find English people to be very polite and respectful.  Of course you are always going to get drunks and idiots but that applies to all races.

I also think the same applies to learning Thai, I have always made the effort and my Thai is reasonable/improving.

In all, I think your post contains mainly inaccurate comments, purely intended for effect.

So you whinge and complain when other people try to have sex with you?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm wondering if it's just a myth spread by whinging aussies, just going by my experience in Thailand

Everybody in Oz refers to English people as poms or whinging poms. Nobody calls them "brits". You are either poms, irish, welsh or scottish.

Sorry if this is news to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I once heard a Pom whinging to an Aussie work colleague on the train a fair few years back when I was living in Sydney. It was very unfortunate. There was something about the intensity, lack of point, and accent (couldn't place it), that made the Pom sound very negative and flat, like the way they can't hold down their booze. I could see the Aussie work colleague thinking, " We've got a right one here". Even I was cringing with the Aussie via eye contact sitting opposite.

Then I realised why Aussies called Poms whingers, not that I had ever had any dealings with them until I moved here. Aussies complain, (but they do it in a joking kind of way, e.g. taking the p-ss, or have a point, with humour, but the Poms, they're a bit like a woman, whinging, nagging, etc, etc, etc, but I can tolerate them, after all, they are who they are, whinging Poms :stoner::sorry::violin:

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie, oi, oi, oi :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I once heard a Pom whinging to an Aussie work colleague on the train a fair few years back when I was living in Sydney. It was very unfortunate. There was something about the intensity, lack of point, and accent (couldn't place it), that made the Pom sound very negative and flat, like the way they can't hold down their booze. I could see the Aussie work colleague thinking, " We've got a right one here". Even I was cringing with the Aussie via eye contact sitting opposite.

Then I realised why Aussies called Poms whingers, not that I had ever had any dealings with them until I moved here. Aussies complain, (but they do it in a joking kind of way, e.g. taking the p-ss, or have a point, with humour, but the Poms, they're a bit like a woman, whinging, nagging, etc, etc, etc, but I can tolerate them, after all, they are who they are, whinging Poms :stoner::sorry::violin:

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie, oi, oi, oi :cheesy: :cheesy:

I find some kiwis whinge as much. Often the white ones not the maoris.

The dumbest people I've met were French.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vangrop said:

I was not born in a country whose native language is English. At school we were taught classic English. Unfortunately here in Thailand I experienced that it is impossible to have a fluent conversation with a native English speaking individu. Is it their accent, their speedness, their dialect, their level of education, I don't know. On the contrary when conversating with any other European people I understand despite our sometimes ridicoulous accents. Can anyone explain?

Wales, Scotland, Britain and Northern Ireland all have different accents, ranging from cut glass to broad Glaswegian. IIRC there are about 30 of them.

I remember a Latin teacher who came from Northumberland. It took the class about 3 months to understand what the hell he was saying.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Wales, Scotland, Britain and Northern Island all have different accents, ranging from cut glass to broad Glaswegian. IIRC there are about 30 of them.

I remember a Latin teacher who came from Northumberland. It took the class about 3 months to understand what the hell he was saying.

I only have trouble with drunk Scots and Irish. Poms ok, Welsh easy. 

33 minutes ago, bignok said:

Everybody in Oz refers to English people as poms or whinging poms. Nobody calls them "brits". You are either poms, irish, welsh or scottish.

Sorry if this is news to you.

not news at all but, like i say maybe just a myth aussies keeps repeating, maybe whinging aussies is the truth, based on my experience 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

not news at all but, like i say maybe just a myth aussies keeps repeating, maybe whinging aussies is the truth, based on my experience 

Havent met many whinging Aussies. Usually Kiwis or Poms.

The worst were white Kiwis. 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd say kiwis are smarter than aussies, that's what I've observed, especially the bogan aussies in Bali, can only talk about surfing

Bogan Aussies are often high school drop outs. Like judging all Thais by bargirl standards.

Pretty stupid way to judge a nation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Only one thing worse than a whinging aussie is a bogan aussie, actually worse still whinging bogan aussie, which one are you?

And yet you still won't say where you're from? Judging by your posting style, it's from the low-class side of town.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Bogan Aussies are often high school drop outs. Like judging all Thais by bargirl standards.

Pretty stupid way to judge a nation.

It is pretty stupid, but he's just here to bait Aussies and doesn't have a clue about much.

3 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It is pretty stupid, but he's just here to bait Aussies and doesn't have a clue about much.

He's a Pom and Poms scored lower on IQ tests than Aussies. He thinks low class surfer bogans in Bali are average Aussies 555

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2