Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Comparing these cases to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or the situation in Afghanistan oversimplifies the complexities involved in interventions. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has different objectives and faces distinct challenges. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is deeply rooted in historical grievances, and the elimination of Hamas alone cannot guarantee a lasting solution without addressing underlying issues and achieving a just and sustainable resolution.

Eliminating Hamas specific may lead to a power vacuum, internal strife, and the rise of new radical groups. The dissolution of an existing order without a well-thought-out and inclusive transition plan can exacerbate tensions and contribute to prolonged instability.

Considering the many posts in which you and others compared Israel to this or that vile historical regime, that's hardly an honest post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Out of the many alleged posts, you can surely find one. But you can't.

You've tried that one too.

Post rubbish, challenged, deny you posted, presented with posts - huff and puff, 'ignore'.

Your games are boring.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Well, they obviously not anti-Israeli.

I assume they are pro-Israel, but I do not see how it's obvious that they all are. Either way, it has nothing to do with what I said. 

Again, what I said was: "Calling for ceasefires, accusing the IDF of indiscriminately bombing civilians, making excuses for the 10/7 atrocities and drawing a moral equivalence between Hamas and the IDF is not well intended criticism." 

In any event, people with family members being held hostage that are calling for ceasefire are likely not doing it because they believe it's what's best for Israel. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Obviously. 

There are calls for a ceasefire from families who are being slaughtered in Gaza. 

There are calls for a ceasefire from most of the world. 

The only ones not wanting a ceasefire are those who are currently killing all the Gazans children, or for some sick reason the USA who voted against it. . 

Why carry on with the lies? Hamas refused a cease fire last week in exchange for hostage/prisoner swap

Hamas rejected an Israeli offer to stop fighting for one week in exchange for dozens of hostages

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I assume they are pro-Israel, but I do not see how it's obvious that they all are. Either way, it has nothing to do with what I said. 

Again, what I said was: "Calling for ceasefires, accusing the IDF of indiscriminately bombing civilians, making excuses for the 10/7 atrocities and drawing a moral equivalence between Hamas and the IDF is not well intended criticism." 

In any event, people with family members being held hostage that are calling for ceasefire are likely not doing it because they believe it's what's best for Israel. 

You don't get it.

One of Israel's core tenets is that 'no one gets left behind'. It's ingrained on many different levels. The core being Jewish, but the application Israeli.

On Thailand related stories involving Israelis, you'll usually find mentions of embassy (or even ministerial) involvement - almost regardless of anything.  It's the norm.

It's even stronger when it comes to hostages, captives and bodies of the dead. Again, origins in Judaism, Israeli application.

This concept, this idea, this bond being waved - that's something that threatens Israel.

To say that these people, these families don't think about what's good for Israel, that's about as disconnected, or vile, as it gets. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Look at Germany/Japan where their respective leaderships were ousted after WW2, this exemplifies how such interventions can lead to prolonged peace, stability and prosperity for everyone. 

After WW2 the Americans didn't spend the next 3 decades oppressing the Japanese or Germans.

After WW1 the reparations demanded by the allies resulted in Hitler's rise to power.

See the difference? Oppression leads to resistance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After WW2 the Americans didn't spend the next 3 decades oppressing the Japanese or Germans.

After WW1 the reparations demanded by the allies resulted in Hitler's rise to power.

See the difference? Oppression leads to resistance.

@thaibeachlovers

They spent quite a time in these lands post war, and maintained a strong military presence.

Limitations were placed on these countries for decades, regarding arms and such.

The point was that an 'idea' can be removed and dismantled by force.

You have not addressed that.

34 minutes ago, Morch said:

You've tried that one too.

Post rubbish, challenged, deny you posted, presented with posts - huff and puff, 'ignore'.

Your games are boring.

Come on man, you continually troll me, bait me and flame me.

You directly said I often compare Israel to some vile regime.

Do you want me to say nothing when this is an outright lie?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

You don't get it.

Of course. 

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

One of Israel's core tenets is that 'no one gets left behind'. It's ingrained on many different levels. The core being Jewish, but the application Israeli.

On Thailand related stories involving Israelis, you'll usually find mentions of embassy (or even ministerial) involvement - almost regardless of anything.  It's the norm.

It's even stronger when it comes to hostages, captives and bodies of the dead. Again, origins in Judaism, Israeli application.

This concept, this idea, this bond being waved - that's something that threatens Israel.

To say that these people, these families don't think about what's good for Israel, that's about as disconnected, or vile, as it gets. 

I think you pretending my belief that a parent's first priority might be the release of their child means they don't think about what good for Israel is "...about as disconnected, or vile, as it gets."

If what you are implying is true, would the percentage of Israeli families of hostages that are calling for ceasefire not match the percentage of Israeli families in the general population calling for ceasefire? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Of course. 

I think you pretending my belief that a parent's first priority might be the release of their child means they don't think about what good for Israel is "...about as disconnected, or vile, as it gets."

If what you are implying is true, would the percentage of Israeli families of hostages that are calling for ceasefire not match the percentage of Israeli families in the general population calling for ceasefire? 

This.

These pointless games.

Everything is on if a point must be made.

Your post is meaningless.

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Come on man, you continually troll me, bait me and flame me.

You directly said I often compare Israel to some vile regime.

Do you want me to say nothing when this is an outright lie?

Who cares?

24 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

They spent quite a time in these lands post war, and maintained a strong military presence.

Limitations were placed on these countries for decades, regarding arms and such.

They were occupied, why water it down? 

The point was that an 'idea' can be removed and dismantled by force.

And that there will still be some Hamas members means nothing, just as Nazis still being around means nothing. 

You have not addressed that.

And he/they never will.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Who cares?

Many do. You continually kill every thread about Israel, but flaming everyone who disagrees with you.

You continually make up stuff, ridicule, continual gaslighting, and make anyone who has compassion for the Palestinians feel unwanted. If there is any opposition or questions about your biased opinion you derail, insult then call a moderator  to remove the evidence. No wonder so many have you on ignore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

But were that true. I think that he, like a lot of the "Israel is the oppressor" crowd, like to argue that because Hamas can't be 100% eliminated, the only thing to do is appease them. 

You are pathetic at guessing my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Having read many of your comments, it is staggeringly obvious that these are not your own words; so kindly state where you copied and pasted them from  ¯\_()_/¯

Thanks ....

No idea where he got it from, but I agree with the author. The situation in Gaza can't be compared to Germany, Japan, daesh or any like it 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No idea where he got it from, but I agree with the author. The situation in Gaza can't be compared to Germany, Japan, daesh or any like it 

Why not? 

The like Palestinians, the Germans supported the ideology of regime, and it took years of military occupation to change that.

Palestinians are just as much to blame for what Hamas does as the Germans did for what the Nazis did.

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This is interesting-

Can Hamas actually be eliminated? This is what military and security analysts think

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/12/israel-gaza-war-can-hamas-actually-be-eliminated-experts-weigh-in.html

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

This is interesting-

Can Hamas actually be eliminated? This is what military and security analysts think

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/12/israel-gaza-war-can-hamas-actually-be-eliminated-experts-weigh-in.html

This very same link was posted (more than once) on these topics.

At least half of the views aired are that Hamas's military power and control can be dismantled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Many do. You continually kill every thread about Israel, but flaming everyone who disagrees with you.

You continually make up stuff, ridicule, continual gaslighting, and make anyone who has compassion for the Palestinians feel unwanted. If there is any opposition or questions about your biased opinion you derail, insult then call a moderator  to remove the evidence. No wonder so many have you on ignore.

Let's put this way: Israel is surrounded with enemies, and only of recent times, there are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world that has no love lost is Israel and if one day all the Jews in the wold will be gone ( not to mention that others, non Muslims, will be just as happy, some even in this forum)

Israel now has to deals with Gaza, West bank, Syria, Hezbollah, the Huties, and of course Iran, and the world opinions, so here's the thing, despite what the world say, Israel isn't going anywhere any time soon, not while the last Jew/Israeli is standing...

Edited by ezzra
  • Haha 1