Thai Visa Centre (visa agent) Unreliable?

2 hours ago, trax33 said:

Last September Thai Visa Centre (visa agent) had this promotion:

"We provide 90 days report 100 THB per time for delivery fee only (discount from 500 THB per time) until your next visa renewal."

So I let them do my first 90-days reporting for 100 THB.

This week I needed them to do a 2nd 90-days reporting, expecting it would still cost 100 THB.

To my big surprise I got a message that the promotion for 90 day report is discontinued and that it now would cost 500 THB.

I am a bit flabbergasted. Is this a decent way to operate a business? 

It was a promotional price. Get over it. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

why cant' you do it online yourself? Did mine on Monday approved on Tuesday and Mon was a holiday

Thank you for mentioning this alternative mode of doing the "90 day report", in case the OP might not yet be aware of it.

Back to the original post, have you got any thoughts on the question raised in that post?

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Please help me find where the OP, trax33, wrote that he renewed his visa between the first and the second 90 day report.

I never said that nor claimed he said that so not sure what your talking about. Perhaps if you go back and read what he wrote and then my reply and it will make sense.

He's complaining that they upped the price, when he clearly wrote that the first time he used them it was a promo (and what the normal price was: 500 baht) but now they raised the rate when he went to use them again for the 2nd time and is complaining that isnt how business should be done by raising rates. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ed79 said:

The discount in the OP says " (discount from 500 THB per time) until your next visa renewal."  

The offer was for 3 or 4 90 days reports following the visa renewal, but apparently has been rescinded after only the first 90 day report.

Good that there are people who understand the issue, unlike "Dan O".

I wonder, does such a thing often happen here? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Promotions are for a set time period so the price will naturally revert to the usual rate when the promo expires.  I don't know why you would think you should continue to get the promotional price when you're filing a 90-day report outside the promotional period.

You can always sign up for the special four-report deal for 1500 when you do your visa extension. That price won't change. They also have promos for retirement visas on occasion but if you're not renewing at that time you're out of luck. You'll have to pay the full price.

1 minute ago, jaywalker2 said:

Promotions are for a set time period so the price will naturally revert to the usual rate when the promo expires.  I don't know why you would think you should continue to get the promotional price when you're filing a 90-day report outside the promotional period.

You can always sign up for the special four-report deal for 1500 when you do your visa extension. That price won't change. They also have promos for retirement visas on occasion but if you're not renewing at that time you're out of luck. You'll have to pay the full price.

It's like buying a washing machine with 1 year guarantee, and when you contact them after 3 months they say: sorry, we changed our guarantee policy, we can't help you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Promotions are for a set time period so the price will naturally revert to the usual rate when the promo expires. outside the promotional period.

Correct. In the case of the OP, the visa agency set the "time period" of the promotion to expire on the date of the "next visa renewal".

Unless the OP renewed his visa before the second 90 day report, the promotion offered to him and other clients of this agency had not yet expired when he asked the agency to make the second report on his behalf. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, trax33 said:

It's like buying a washing machine with 1 year guarantee, and when you contact them after 3 months they say: sorry, we changed our guarantee policy, we can't help you...

No, it’s nothing like that. It’s like them giving you discount coupons for washing liquid to use in the washing machine. You don’t HAVE to use the coupons nor the washing liquid promoted by the coupons, especially as there is an alternative that costs you nothing beyond a first initial visit. 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Correct. In the case of the OP, the visa agency set the "time period" of the promotion to expire on the date of the "next visa renewal".

Unless the OP renewed his visa before the second 90 day report, the promotion offered to him and other clients of this agency had not yet expired when he asked the agency to make the second report on his behalf. 

Excellent reply! 👍

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Thank you for mentioning this alternative mode of doing the "90 day report", in case the OP might not yet be aware of it.

Back to the original post, have you got any thoughts on the question raised in that post?

Yes, paying an agent to do something you can complete yourself at home in less than five minutes seems not only a waste of money but rather odd. He asks if they are unreliable, any body unregulated and unregistered has a tendency to be. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, trax33 said:

Good that there are people who understand the issue, unlike "Dan O".

I wonder, does such a thing often happen here? 

Extremely rarely, as far as I have seen. No cause to get upset. On my part, I took the reply of Dan O to be correct if you had in fact "renewed your visa" before the second report, which was the reason why I sought help in finding this information, if not in this topic, then perhaps in another topic where it might have been posted.

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Yes, paying an agent to do something you can complete yourself at home in less than five minutes seems not only a waste of money but rather odd. He asks if they are unreliable, any body unregulated and unregistered has a tendency to be. 

Thai Visa Centre are one of the biggest players in this field and should be very wary not to come across as a shady, untrustworthy agent.

56 minutes ago, ed79 said:

The discount in the OP says " (discount from 500 THB per time) until your next visa renewal."  

The offer was for 3 or 4 90 days reports following the visa renewal, but apparently has been rescinded after only the first 90 day report.

I'm not reading it the way you are and don't see anything listed about being for 3 or 4 times. But it was a discounted promotion and not open ended

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Extremely rarely, as far as I have seen. No cause to get upset. On my part, I took the reply of Dan O to be correct if you had in fact "renewed your visa" before the second report, which was the reason why I sought help in finding this information, if not in this topic, then perhaps in another topic where it might have been posted.

I stated that last September they offered a promo of doing this 90 day reporting for THB 100, thereby mentioning this would last until "the next visa renewal". So it's December now, and it's only my 2nd 90 days reporting.

I really can't think of a good reason how such a reputable company would go down this road over a silly amount of money while clearly doing an attempt on ruining their own good reputation.

8 minutes ago, proton said:

"a waste of money" is subjective. Not everybody likes to do things electronically as much as I like it (and no doubt many others, too)

Aside from that, I have seen several posts on this forum from people fretting whether the immigration office's approval, ie confirmation that they accepted the notification as being correct, would arrive in time, and one or two posts where the foreigner was fined THB 2000 when making the notification in person one day late when the confirmation for the online notification did not arrive in time.

13 minutes ago, trax33 said:

Thai Visa Centre are one of the biggest players in this field and should be very wary not to come across as a shady, untrustworthy agent.

I guess that’s what you are trying to do here. You are angry and trying to strike back at them. 
It’s not a good thing for them to do, but your post fell down because you tried to label them as ‘unreliable’. 
It seems no one agrees with you on that note. 
Better you complain to them. 

• Haha 1