Trump declares ‘the American Dream is dead’ in latest attack on Biden

CharlieH

23 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The only white people who are <deleted>ty at their lot are the victims of union busting.  I don't know who he thinks his audience is.

He is well aware of his audience. Those who are rabid anti … fill in the black and the disaffected ignorant Americans ( of whom there are far too many). He is a present and current danger to any hope of a continuing American participatory democracy. What is that Chinese curse again? “May you live in interesting times”.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Actually the way way back 1950's was the American dream model. That ended November 22, 1963 in Dallas. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and liberal city and state governments followed. Along with the Southern border invasion: gangs like ms 13 , terrorists , million's of illegals overloading medical/social services. It's going to require an authoritarian government to fix this mess

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Interesting to see Christie getting some OK numbers. He is the most impressive, along with Haley, but pity he actively supported Trump at various points to, in my mind, take away from his credibility as a decent candidate. But he seems a pragmatic smart guy and a good communicator so America could do worse than go with him. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

If Trump was to be elected, blame the democrats for settling for Biden. Its almost like they want Trump again.

My prediction is that Trump gets the nomination and Biden immediately announces he won't run, citing distraction from the Hunter Biden witch hunt and pardons Hunter on the way out, leaving Trump to be thrashed by whoever gets the Dem nomination.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My prediction is that Trump gets the nomination and Biden immediately announces he won't run, citing distraction from the Hunter Biden witch hunt and pardons Hunter on the way out, leaving Trump to be thrashed by whoever gets the Dem nomination.

Let us hope so!

A perfect face saving solution where Biden can withdraw using the "witch-hunt" against his family as his reason for dropping out!

PS; I do not care or even wish for a pardon for Hunter if he is evet found guilty!  I just think Biden should find an excuse to step down and let a younger person take on the mantle and defeat the MAGAmaniac!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Let us hope so!

A perfect face saving solution where Biden can withdraw using the "witch-hunt" against his family as his reason for dropping out!

PS; I do not care or even wish for a pardon for Hunter if he is evet found guilty!  I just think Biden should find an excuse to step down and let a younger person take on the mantle and defeat the MAGAmaniac!

Oh, and I believe that such a pardon would be limited only to contempt of congress charges brought by the vampires in congress who hate sunlight. The pardon would likely not extend to tax crimes charged, in my opinion. We'll see

• Haha 1

He said that a day or two after he announced in 2015.  Repeating it now is a sign he's running out of new material to babble on about. 

Waiting for him to start yacking about mentally defective rednecks, let's see how the base responds to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, morrobay said:

Actually the way way back 1950's was the American dream model. That ended November 22, 1963 in Dallas. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and liberal city and state governments followed. Along with the Southern border invasion: gangs like ms 13 , terrorists , million's of illegals overloading medical/social services. It's going to require an authoritarian government to fix this mess

I suggest you dig your bunker deeper if you are that frightened,as for the dream it has to be earned and by not being stupid about Credit or lazy  it takes time patience and thought.as for hoards of illegals I have 4 properties within 20 miles of the border with Mexico I have yet to see hoards once in a while I see one not often though.the fix will take legislation they requires the present clown car house to do its job.what party is in charge humm?I have a strong feeling that’s about to change soon thankfully 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Interesting to see Christie getting some OK numbers. He is the most impressive, along with Haley, but pity he actively supported Trump at various points to, in my mind, take away from his credibility as a decent candidate. But he seems a pragmatic smart guy and a good communicator so America could do worse than go with him. 

Pity also that he was a lousy governor. Yes, he can speak English ,in contrast to the orange one. How far we have sunk, that sheer eloquence makes you an impressive politician. A hideous lot ,the whole bunch of them.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:56 PM, xylophone said:

And the American Dream ended when poorly educated voters elected a dumb, narcissistic, crooked and persistent liar to be president of what was supposed to be the greatest nation in the world – – but in doing this, they proved that they no longer great, but are capable of stuffing things up as the best of them.

So sad for America that this dumb orange clown is even given the time of day.

Trump is a result of a broken America, not the cause, IMO. Before attacking him, look at the reasons anyone would vote for him, let alone millions.

If the American Dream wasn't gone, and America broken, IMO neither Trump nor Biden would have got past a primary.

I believe the American Dream is gone, but did it ever exist in reality?

• Confused 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

The smart ones don't want the job.

I agree with that 100%. It has to be the reason they are so disappointing. Nixon, Bush the younger, Reagan, Trump and Biden were/ are exceedingly awful, and most of the rest were pretty useless. Carter was a good man, but apparently useless as POTUS and very unlucky with his military adventure. Johnson is a toss up- good on the domestic front, but a hopeless warmonger. I don't actually have an opinion on Bush the elder- at least he actually saw action in WW2 and was lucky to survive.